It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwarf planet could illuminate the dark sector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If this guy is right — and I'm not saying he is — it answers a lot of questions.

A dwarf-planet candidate called UX25 and its tiny satellite could provide the first evidence of a new cosmological model that includes antigravity... The model dispenses with concepts such as dark matter, dark energy and cosmic inflation, and the astronomers say that it could be tested by observing the motion of the two objects as they move through the outer solar system.

Dwarf planet could illuminate the dark sector

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

From that first paragraph talking about "evidence" I got the impression there might be some, but my impression was wrong:

Now, Vecchiato and Gai suggest that Hajdukovic's model can be tested by using existing ground and space telescopes to observe the UX25 system – which is about 43 times farther from the Sun than is the Earth. "The properties of quantum vacuums described in Hajdukovic's theory would apply an additional [gravitational] force on UX25, perturbing the orbit of the system," Vecchiato explained to physicsworld.com.
So it can be tested, but hasn't been tested.

If someone has an idea about how to explain dark matter observations, and explains how the idea can be tested in the near future, why not test it? We've had dark matter experiments going for decades and not found dark matter yet, so exploring other options makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

why not test it?

Good point. I guess Hubble time costs a bit more than their employers can afford.

new topics

join