It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The 1st Time, Chimps Are Making A Fashion Statement - Sticking Blades Of Grass In Their Ha

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

lol like this one...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: peskyhumans

I do wonder too if it is being used for a tool still and that we just cannot see what it is... But I would give the scientists some credence they have been studying them for four years....

purp...

I wonder if one the researchers who was observing them was wearing long earrings? They could have picked up the idea from there.

Or maybe researchers often keep a pen or pencil behind their ear.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It sure beats throwing handfuls of poo at you.

It will be impressive when they start knitting clothes and give Levis a run for their money.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How long before Justin Bieber does it. And then all 14 year old girls.

And the Chimps will never get the recognition for starting the trend.

Trendy little devils.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I do believe that this is very interesting. Monkeys have always brought the curiousness out in me, maybe because of there similarities to humans. But, to the ones who commented on this subject and compared humans to monkey and evolution crap...... I just say: I am not a cousin to a monkey or any animal. I am a Spirit in a unique body (Man) and I am of the likeness of my God. You may believe that you came from a monkey or a fish and that is fine and all.... No.... It actually isn't cool at all. C'mon people, have some dignity. You didn't come from a slimy one celled organism. I am not trying to bring something on you that you don't want to believe but..... You are from a God and you are unique. No animal on this planet will ever be even close to your uniqueness and that is something to be proud of. You should not compare yourself to an animal who eats its on crap. I honestly am not trying to start an argument or make anyone feel bad or hurt but we are greater than this evolution nonsense. Hold your heads up!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ttgrex

No offense... but I bet it will offend anyway... and I'm sorry, but maybe...just maybe we did evolve from lower orders... maybe that was God's way of bringing us up, if you must frame it that way ...and we still have a ways to go.

Not to downgrade humans as I think we're swell... but taking a random sample of us, I can sure see animalistic tendencies in looks and behavior... every single day.

But hey, I could be wrong! ...butiamnot.
edit on 6/28/2014 by Baddogma because: whoopsie cleanup

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I don't think much of these scientists. One look at the first picture and I suspect it's to help them tell wind direction - the wind blows on the grass and they feel it in their ear. It's probably a lot more sensitive than their fur, allowing them to sense minor changes in the breeze. This would let them know what direction to sneak up on prey, and which way to run if they are being hunted (wind carries scent).

Yep,I always stick grass in my ear to tell wind direction,it`s not like I can feel it on my face or anything!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Now, Nancy P . . . that grass dangling from your ear doesn't help A BIT.

And it will NOT get you any more votes . . . at least until the rest of the chimp troop gets the vote.

LOL.

What I want to know if there are enterprising chimps setting up beauty parlors yet?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Wow what an horrid way to put down every other animal on the planet.
Spend some time with Chimpanzees and look into their eyes they have a soul just like you or me.
Oh and they have proved you are related to the Chimps through genetics.
Just because you think you are better than other animals doesn't mean you are.,

Just to add made in his own image? so God has a form? a human form?. nope you read your Bible wrong it isn't to do with a physical image.
Oh and also why do some people whom believe in God (I do just not a man made one like yourself) dismiss the evidence of evolution?, God made the rules and made evolution as a tool for us all human and animal alike to be where we are now.
edit on 29-6-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Here is a good read for you Monkey Boy. www.ucg.org/christian-living/did-god-give-animals-rights/

It is related to the christian Holy Bible, not your bible the Quran.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

making it clickable

www.ucg.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The Chimp wears Prada

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

don't they know that the only thing you are supposed to stick in your ears, are your elbows?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Lol what makes you think I am muslim? Just as vile as your man made religion.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
something tells me if there hadn't been an explosion in the human population over the past 10,000 years due to agricultural techniques, there would probably be more monkeys in the world. More monkeys means more variation means more chances for them to evolve good ideas. And what about when we our forebears started using fire 1,000,000+ years ago?

We were the winners. Broadly, the homo genus. More specifically, Homo-sapiens and their forebears. The losers get the leftovers.

Leftovers!!??? Ya, like bannanas and places far away from us.

What I"m saying is intelligence doesn't evolve independently. This planet cannot support more than 1 species with human-level intelligence. It's expensive. All the billions of years of evolution to produce humans.

Now, if humans leave then maybe the monkeys got a chance. But they'll have competition I'm sure from elsewhere. And who knows what the dolphins do. There'll be massive amoutns of creatures again once the humans are gone, fueling the next intelligent species.

Only reason we don't notice is anthropocentrism. Somehow we trick ourselves into thinking we don't affect the other species. Convenient. I guess raping the earth of its resources doesn't affect anything.

go ahead an tell yourself there wouldn't be very many more monkeys without humans. we're predators and predators needs lots of prey. there're lots of monkeys who could have taken our place in that role if we weren't present. maybe there wouldn't have been very many more 10,000 years ago (ya... suuuurrreeee), but now? In modern times our impacts are huge.
edit on 30-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I wonder if they take the grass earring off at night?

Where do they keep it - a little Chimp nightstand?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
... I'm amazed they haven't created grass skirts or hats made of large leaves.
Chimps are very resourceful ... And lets not forget our other cousins the Orangutans.

Orangutans have made hats ... i.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Smart, aren't they?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Indeed:
www.pbs.org - NATURE . From Orphan to King . Orangutan Intelligence | PBS...

In the decades that followed, researchers observed that orangutans also used tools. For example, they used leaves and sticks to handle and open prickly fruit, and crafted leaves into rain hats. In some ways, such observations weren't a surprise. Zookeepers had long taught captive orangutans to hammer nails and to use keys or screwdrivers.

In the mid-1990s, a team led by biologist Carel van Schaik of Duke University watched Sumatran orangutans use specially prepared sticks to pry termites, ants, and other insects from colonies high up in trees. The apes also used the sticks to collect honey and then eat it as if it were on a lollipop.

edit on 30-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'd guess that the apes saw a person with an ear ring and are just mimicking what they saw. It's just 'monkey see, monkey do"! Just my opinion

top topics

<< 1   >>

join