It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare pushing doctors, hospitals to check spending habits, credit cards of patients

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
According to a TV news report from WFFA Texas, doctors and hospitals will be (or already are?) checking your credit card activity for tell tale signs of health abuse.

The claim is because Obama.Care has some kind of restrictions on re-admissions for the same ailments in a specific time period.

Gotta wonder what the point is ?

What will the consequences be ?

Now how much will this cost ?

Sounds like another Obama.Con.Game

Because hospitals can be fined for administering the same treatment to a patient who is readmitted with the same ailment, they will now be checking your credit card data to make sure your spending habits aren’t contributing to your bad health.

Isn’t socialized medicine just awesome?

Obamacare pushing doctors, hospitals to check spending habits, credit cards of patients

WFAA-TX: ObamaCare Pushing Health Care Providers To Examine Patients' Spending Habits, Credit Cards

www.youtube.com...=50

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It reminds me of this...

It was kind of funny when it first came out.

Not so much now....

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ah, the 'Spy Police'.....*sigh*

And just who gets to view the data on the card, er I mean, activity?
Then what?
Refusal of treatment?
A fine?
30 lashings with a wet noodle?

Just another excuse for a way to monitor the People

edit on 28-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Easy fix to this one.

Don't have any credit cards.

Don't use a debit card for every single transaction. Use cash people.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The claim is because Obama.Care has some kind of restrictions on re-admissions for the same ailments in a specific time period.

Seems a little disingenuous of you to feign ignorance since you made a topic about that very thing on 5/18:

Obama.Care’s penalties on hospital re-admissions will kill off the sick and elderly

This video says absolute nothing about anything. What healthcare "groups" are they referring to? Where? When will this happen? Has it happened? Nothing. The text of this very comment has more informational content! Pending some sort real information, I'm calling this BS.
edit on 2014-6-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

But But But

It's from a Texas news TV station [ puzzled frown ]

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

doctors and hospitals will be (or already are?) checking your credit card activity for tell tale signs of health abuse.

Well good luck with that here. No credit cards, debit cards everything paid with cash. Guess they can go suck eggs... freakin' Stasi.

edit on 299am5050am12014 by Bassago because: typo

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The day of complete control of the citizens of this Nation is at hand!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Seems a little disingenuous of you to feign ignorance since you made a topic about that very thing on 5/18:

Ohhhh I wasn't "feigning".

The TV report was making the story this time !!!!!

But thanks for the plug just the same.

The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MPAC) are the keepers of the Death Panel.

And the pertinent part is actually in the law.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
How does the hospital have the authority to check credit card transactions? Bank statements and credit card history requires a warrant before police can get access, how is the hospital able to bypass this?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
How does the hospital have the authority to check credit card transactions? Bank statements and credit card history requires a warrant before police can get access, how is the hospital able to bypass this?

They are going in on a "non criminal" basis.

Somebody will explain later.

It's in the ACA regulations.

Added some reference....
Why Hospitals Want Your Credit Report (from 2008)

edit on Jun-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

They are going in on a "non criminal" basis.

Somebody will explain later.

It's in the ACA regulations.

That's the kind of shiite that happens when you have to pass a bill to see what's in the bill...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

OK, lets say that they CAN legally access your bank records without your permission.

How would they then be able to know what was actually purchased? If someone in my family uses my bank card for a purchase, all I can see is where the purchase was made and how much it was for. I do not get an itemized list of items purchased and I'm the cardholder. They would have to have access to the POS system of each and every store you used the card at. So, unless the hospitals have unrestricted access to the CIA data center, this isn't possible.

I really think this is some kind of scare tactic to scare people away from Obamacare. I'm not a fan of Obama, ACA, or any of the nanny state BS, but this just doesn't make any logical sense.

EDIT: Sorry Kanga, i hit reply to the wrong post.

edit on 6/28/2014 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Easy fix to this one.

We cut up our credit cards years ago
We pay cash at all stores

Our bank pissed us off a few years back with all the fees and what not, so we withdrew our stash and said adios!!
Never looked back

If we pay for anything online, it's with a prepaid debit card, where we only put the amount that is needed for that moment

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Using cash is for sure the way to go, but I sense we will see no more cash in the next 20 years. Israel has wanted to do this for awhile and I believe has the protocol to do away with it in writing now. Once that takes hold other countries will follow their lead.

We all know what insurance companies do with our medical care. If I to into the doctor for what I think is a strained muscle and the doc notices I'm coughing up a lung they want a new appointment due to insurance protocol. I know many doctors will bypass this for ethical reasons but I'm told this is what they are supposed to do in some cases. They also ask you at every visit if you use tobacco now. Even if they know you don't they ask and put it into their computer system that they have done so. I've had the same doctor for 12 years so why the need?

It's sort of a fear based thing. I sense my doctor is under some sort of new protocol. No more pen and paper. It's all put into ten computer. And the new drilling of the patient. Add to that no ability to slip under the radar as a cash payer. I'm beginning to see why socialization with medicine or the economy is a very bad thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

I pray it's a scare tactic, but as this point... nothing would surprise me.

I don't think there would be an issue being able to do it if that is what they choose to do. It can be done as simply as you having to agree to let the hospitals have access to "ALL" of your records if you are using Obamacare. In essence, they would not consider it as forcing you to allow access because you could choose to just pay the penalty tax if you don't want to participate.

It then becomes "Voluntary".

Or they could go about it as just seeing where you shopped. Liquor stores, bars, McD's, etc. There wouldn't be much guess work involved in what you were purchasing in those establishments.

Again... I hope it's a scare tactic as well. It's getting to be a little much if it isn't.

originally posted by: snarky412

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Easy fix to this one.

We cut up our credit cards years ago
We pay cash at all stores

Our bank pissed us off a few years back with all the fees and what not, so we withdrew our stash and said adios!!
Never looked back

If we pay for anything online, it's with a prepaid debit card, where we only put the amount that is needed for that moment

That is exactly what I do. I left banks and credit cards behind years ago. It's worth a small fee to load the prepaid cards when you need them IMO. It's also a lot safer when it comes to identity theft.

edit on 6/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here's another source.

Data mining ?

Information compiled by data brokers from public records and credit card transactions can reveal where a person shops, the food they buy, and whether they smoke. The largest hospital chain in the Carolinas is plugging data for 2 million people into algorithms designed to identify high-risk patients, while Pennsylvania’s biggest system uses household and demographic data. Patients and their advocates, meanwhile, say they’re concerned that big data’s expansion into medical care will hurt the doctor-patient relationship and threaten privacy.

Your Doctor Knows You're Killing Yourself. The Data Brokers Told Her

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Patients and their advocates, meanwhile, say they’re concerned that big data’s expansion into medical care will hurt the doctor-patient relationship and threaten privacy.

Ya think???????

This is crazy scary stuff here
Not sure what TPTB have in store for us in the future, but it's not looking good

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Why do they care if someone is killing themselves via lifestyle habits? Not insurance companies. I get why they would want to know. Why would our government want to know? What would it serve? Maybe I'm overly tired but I cannot presently think of a reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Control freak madness.

Various Authoritarian complexes.

Collect info for other departments and agencies.

You name it.

100% Totalitarianism.

Complete instillment of fear.

And one very bad symptom of Corporate/Government Stockholm Effect among employees and other legions.

edit on Jun-28-2014 by xuenchen because:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join