It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdoms I've learned & Use to inspire Myself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Two Wolves

A Cherokee Indian elder was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight
and it is between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self- pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority,
and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion,
and faith.

This same fight is going on inside of you, and inside every other person,
too."

The children thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his
grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee elder replied simply ... "The one you feed."

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you...

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, and make allowance for their doubting too...

If you can wait and not be tired of waiting, or being lied about, don't deal in lies, or being hated, don't give way to hating, and yet don't look too good nor talk too wise...

If you can dream, and not make dreams your master...

If you can think, and not make thoughts your aim...

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster, and treat those imposters just the same...

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools...

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken, and stoop and build them up with worn out tools...

If you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn of pitch and toss...

And lose and start again at your beginnings and never breath a word about your loss...

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve your turn long after they are gone...

And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them, "Hold On"...

If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue, or walk with kings nor lose the common touch...

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you, if all men count with you - but none too much...

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of distant run...

Yours is the Earth, and everthing that is in it. And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my Son!

Rudyard Kipling

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sit by the River Long enough, and you will see your enemies bodies come floating by.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
those are really great... thanks for sharing...

I especially like the first one... chinese proverb is good too...

good post..

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Two Wolves

A Cherokee Indian elder was teaching his grandchildren about life.

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me... it is a terrible fight
and it is between two wolves.

One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self- pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority,
and ego.

The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility,
kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion,
and faith.

This same fight is going on inside of you, and inside every other person,
too."

The children thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his
grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee elder replied simply ... "The one you feed."

Don't turn on your tv...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
A business man in a BMW suddenly gets a flat tire and has to pull over to the side of the road. As he is getting out of his car he sees a man in a bathrob approach a fence which divides them. The fence is part of the property owned by the local mental asylum. As the business man starts to unscrew the bolts on the flat tire the bathrobed gentalman climes over the fence and comes to a curious halt not but 9 feet from the business man.

As the business man begins to undo the bolts in order to change the tire, he becomes nervious and the bolts spring every which way as he has applied far too much pressure in order to display strength in place of fear.

While searching for the bolts under the watchful eye of the robed asylum patient, the business man can not find a single one and stands pondering the situation with one eye on his car and one eye on the man.

"Why don't you take one bolt from each of the other tires and place it on the spare until you can get to the nearest gas station" ,the asylum patient questions?

The business man shivers in fearful anticipation for a moment as this obvious mad man has babbled something to him that took a few moments to accept. As he obtains a mental grip on the changing threat of the situation and to his amazement the answer given is simple and perfect.

"That's brilliant! How did you think of that?" The business man questioned.

And as the bathrobed patient was climbing back over the fence he proclaimed, "Seriously! I'm crazy...not stupid."

And the moral of this story...only have your car break down in front of my house when my axe is out at the dry cleaners.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Don't turn on your tv...

Hell, that's a good overall rule anyway!

top topics

join