It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady Of Honduras To Tour TX Shelters...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So, the First Lady of Honduras all of a Sudden, Cares about the Living Conditions of their Citizens, is that right?
Is she really going to come and check to assure the American Tax Payers are Spending Enough Money to keep her Citizens Cared For

She can take them back with her and make an honest attempt to fix their own country and not bankrupt ours.

The first lady of Honduras is to tour South Texas immigration shelters to learn the plight of thousands of Hondurans who entered the United States illegally.
Ana Garcia de Hernandez already has met Thursday morning with McAllen Mayor Jim Darling. Starting Friday, she is scheduled to visit several Border Patrol stations in the Rio Grande Valley and plans to remain in the area through Saturday.
The Border Patrol has been overwhelmed in the region by the number of immigrants entering the country illegally. About three-quarters of them are from Central America, with the most coming from Honduras. More than 15,000 unaccompanied children from Honduras have been apprehended since October.
Many of the immigrants say they are fleeing widespread gang violence and lack of job opportunities.

Link
Like We Have Jobs For Them,,, Obama You Hear Our Voice?
Send Them BACK!

American's and Naturalized Citizens Do Not Want Any Part Of Your Master Plan!!!
edit on 27-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
" First Lady Of Honduras To Tour TX Shelters "

Is She flying in ?

Or is She taking the scenic route by crossing the river ?

I bet She wants a grand tour of the smuggling tunnels too !!

I want a published certified visa verification !!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Many of the immigrants say they are fleeing widespread gang violence and lack of job opportunities.

Oh, okay....

It's not like the US doesn't have their own unemployed people and gangs to deal with

From a post peak low of 9,753,000 in April 2014, the number of unemployed has now grown again by 46,000

Oct. 21, 2011

Washington (CNN) -- Criminal gang membership increased as much as 40 percent in the United States during the past three years, according to an FBI report released Friday. An estimated 1.4 million people are active in more than 33,000 street, prison and outlaw motorcycle gangs across the country, the report states. That compares to about 1 million gang members when the investigative agency last compiled such figures in January 2009.

So take our unemployed and now add all the illegals, er, undocumented to it......hmmmm
Better keep those printing presses oiled, start printing money that we don't have

And we'll take another count on gangs in say 2-3 years

Maybe the First Lady would like to pitch in and throw some money our way to help support them
It's not like it's putting a financial strain on the states or anything ... *eye roll*

edit on 28-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I saw the article and thought much the same thing. Instead of complaining that the US is not treating these refugees well enough, maybe she should be getting her own country in better shape to take care of its own?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LS650
I saw the article and thought much the same thing. Instead of complaining that the US is not treating these refugees well enough, maybe she should be getting her own country in better shape to take care of its own?

Well they can't very well do that can they?

I think Honduras is a Left Wing Corruptionist society.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Return to Sender!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Some of the facilities where these people are being held are over crowded and dirty. It is not just children being held either. There was a call for over 40 thousand pairs of men's underwear. Why only men's, I don't know.

For years many of us here have been trying to inform people of the negative impact of illegal immigration and how it just grows every year. There is no end in sight and things have only gotten progressively worse.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Why the fk are we housing these people? they're called ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS for a reason. You know, entering this country illegally and not going through the process thousands of other migrants do. Before you bleeding heart humanity is love folks show up and start bashing me I want you to understand just one thing.. if you were to enter into any country illegally and were caught trying to sneak around border check points and over International boundaries you would be in jail and likely deported back to your country of origin. This is black or white, right or wrong. There is no grey area. The way I see it, the left has made this country SO RELIABLE ON GOVT HANDOUTS and other govt assistance that its nearly impossible to fathom these people receiving the govt assistance voting for anyone other than the free moneiz moneiz moneiz party. If your political agenda is focused on morals, hard work, earn it yourself, keeping America on the cutting edge then you're S.O.L in todays polls because the vast majority don't want to touch those subjects with a 10 foot pole

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Maybe the First Lady would like to pitch in and throw some money our way to help support them
It's not like it's putting a financial strain on the states or anything

a reply to: snarky412
You know, we should give her the Grand Tour and at the end, Hand Her The Bill For The Billeting, Medical care, Feeding and General Up Keep and Maintenance of Her Citizen!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

For years many of us here have been trying to inform people of the negative impact of illegal immigration and how it just grows every year.

a reply to: Night Star
You have spoken the truth and it's fallen on deaf ears.
Now, they'll be out looking for jobs or their kids will be and guess what, There won't be any, too much Cheap Labor to be had.
Look at that Democrat from W V saying that they couldn't hire any coal miner's because they couldn't pass the drug test.
I'm betting he was just trying to get in Obamas favor and get four or five busloads of the New Minimum Wage Work Force.

edit on 28-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Maybe she will come by ship and give all her comrades a lift home.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Again I ask, what portion of these belong to her country.

In San Antonio, federal officials say a child in a temporary shelter is still recovering from swine flu.
Kenneth Wolfe, a spokesman for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, says the unaccompanied child was recently hospitalized after being diagnosed with swine flu, or H1N1. Wolfe says officials believe this is an isolated incident but are closely monitoring all children at Lackland and other similar shelters the agency is operating around the country.
“That tells you that when you’ve got kids coming in from some of these countries where they don’t have great health systems, we gotta watch out,” says Cuellar. “I’ve talked to border patrol down in McAllen. They’ve seen TB; they’ve seen chicken pox; they’ve seen scabies. And according to Border Patrol, 4 or 5 of their agents have tested positive for those diseases.”

link
Hand her the bill for their medical treatment and care and the medical treatment of our Border Patrol.
Then, Yes, Then load'em on her private jet and send them all back with her!
edit on 28-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think she was there to drop off her own kids......

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is a nightmare!!!!! These parents should be arrested for child endangerment.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Back when I was getting my dive master certification at Utila, Honduras one of my friends had problems leaving the county because his passport had gotten wet. It isn't wise to travel alone anywhere in that country so I went with him on three separate occasions to the embassy in Tegucigalpa. Before that I had just passed quickly through the country getting there.

I am a veteran 6'3 and I wear my scars but that didn't make a damn bit of difference getting mugged at gun point. They have an english version of the newspaper and each day I would read about the murders or how body parts were found in the river. I witnessed the cops getting beaten down by a gang. Every rest stop along the way I could find shell casings strewn about.

In the two cities that I stayed I saw more people with guns barely concealed than you can imagine not to mention even the pharmacies had shotgun wielding guards out front of each several shops as well. It made me wish I still had my kevlar. Hell I would rather do another tour than have to live there. At dusk there was a siren and the places I stayed closed the gates like role down metal doors. No coming or going after. I never got to a grocery store, but I tried once when I got there I was informed by a local it had been firebombed the week before. You know it is bad when you have locals coming up to you in the middle of the day telling you it isn't safe you shouldn't be here and that was the nice part of the city.

From what I understand the areas in the countryside is much calmer, but all my business was on the islands which may as well be different countries. If my friend hadn't needed to go to the embassy then I would have remained ignorant about much of the goings on and I am sure I only got a glimpse. That glimpse has made me understanding of those fleeing to the US. In other words, I don't blame the people for wanting a better life but I do fault the current immigration system for all the inadequacies. There has to be a better way than the way we offer now. I can vaguely remember when the US opened its borders to Cuban refugees it was said that sending them back was a death sentence which may be comparable to what some of the immigrants would face by returning as well.

I don't like what is going on here now, but I don't have any good solutions to the problem either. I would think with all those people mooching of the American taxpayer they could earn their keep. BTW I am talking about the politicians. Aren't they elected to figure these things out?

new topics

top topics

join