It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
lol

you have to realise that their 'experiement' goes a lot further than 'Facebook'.

Facebook etal is a sacrificial diode. Its the enemy you love to hate.

The truth goes far deeper.

They are manipulating the ENTIRE WEB. EVERYTHING.

Want to cheer the plebs up? Invent a mass shooting story. That will cheer up a certain portion. Want to promote a policy, promote the news behind it, ie ISIS.

Wondered how far the rabbit hole goes? I'll tell you. About 500 results down. - See THE END OF GOOGLE (a work in progress) But Google is the modern world. It control all thoughts by presenting the information accordingly. A Google search will seldom take you beyond 500 results and as a IT professional I can tell you I have seen numerous Google searches that only go 20 results or even less in. Thats impossible from a 400 zillion sized index.

They control everything. And believe me, they want to make you happy as well as sad. Thats the onus of control. and then target it.

The web used to be alive years ago when message boards were numerous. They targetted human emotions and came up with a system that makes people think they are talking, but they are not. Comments in a news article is not talking. Ramdom tweets is not talking. they have leveraged what makes people tick and rengineered the internet so that its legalisation is subcontracted to corporations such as Twitter and Facebook. Try being rude there and your account will vanish.

I could go on forever. All im saying is that this article is the tip of the iceberg to whats really going on.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro-Magnetic Manipulation of Human Consciousness.

Exactly.

The internet is dead as far as im concerned.

When it was born there was the free optimism of free thinking like minded people talking.

Now all we have is the spectre of psy-ops, targeted marketing and the clamping down on anything negetive. You cant even joke about many things including crime and irony. The recent ruling that a man that said he felt like killing his wife is just another nail in the coffin. Prettty soon they'll be counting all your inputs and judging you on a balance enough to label you a terrorist if you constantly critisise and undermine the New World Order.

One by one they are seeking us out with intermittent breaks in service, viruses, and things that just seem to constantly go wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Facebook can be used to post political commentary of your own personal persuasion--which is something not easily available on the MSM to Conservatives.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
Did they take into consideration the characteristics of people who post things on FB. For example, did they look at age, probable intelligence quotient, and other characteristics posts can inform on? I have a FB but never post. I send a private message once and awhile. That is it. I see people post stuff like what they will be having for dinner and how that dinner then gave them gas. I've seem women complain of menstrual cramps. I've seen others confess to their sexual preferences or quirks. I seriously do not want to know these things, or to have a play by play of the mundane events of the day. Do we even communicate like this with our friends and family in face to face daily life? I don't. Therefore why do people do it with millions of others (if their profile is open)? Or with random friends added if the profile is closed?

Maybe someone needs to provide a guide on "how to use social media". I told my preteen son, "do not put anything in writing that you would not want read to all of the people at your school". It's dangerous and potentially damaging in more ways that manipulating people's minds. If your using care with what your posting it then becomes harder for people to gather data and manipulate you.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
With all the info stored into a robot could they give birth to A.I.?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SaintPaul

that's the stanley cup for some, right?

so, if there is a super computer heading down the chute, don't we want it to feel? accurately, like humans do?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

FB has raised some flags for me over the years. The data mining it prompts us for appears to becoming increasing personal. The other day I was prompted to pick books I read from a list which is one way to get some insight on a person's knowledge and ideology. The weird thing was, I could only pick from the list, when I would search for a book that I like, I had no way to add it to my list.

FB has apparently become a huge data mining project. I am curious to find out what they are doing with all this data(besides trying to sell us stuff we don't need).

Oh, they sell a lot of it, for certain. Profit is always a factor. What else they do is the question. The government certainly gets to see all of it. Pics of O and the FB head have been seen online, all cozy and friendly, sitting together. That FB had a page set for O, that would post literally ANY mention of his name there, whether you joined the page or not, is good evidence of that. When I was on FB more, what that caused me to do was use various "nicknames" for him, instead. Wasn't alone on that one!

Those little question things you mention, like the book list? Fascinating thing I discovered about those. i was checking my own profile once, to see what was and wasn't visible to the public, and discovered that even though I had setting specifying that only my name and profile pic were visible, ALL of the little question lists were also visible, to any and all that searched for my name. The only solution was, literally, to go through and UN-CHECK every single item on every single list, because there was no way otherwise to actually remove said list from my profile. Books, movies, whatever; there for all the world to see, no matter your settings. Comparing with friends could be fun, but sharing it against my wishes? Blatantly sharing it with any and all against my wishes? That was one of the biggest reasons I stopped visiting FB very often. Other than checking on family, I am rarely there.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I really, really wish distant family and friends would....get off FB

In Obi-Wan's voice...."Be the change you seek young Jedi"

Have you ever approached anyone with the idea of not being on FB? I have. The looks are really something. Even in light of clear evidence that they can spy on you through the phone app, I know people that will still access them via their smart phone. Too many people, which sadly includes most of my distant family, aren't smart enough to see the reality.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I cant believe:

1) Facebook did this and have gotten away with it.
2) Most Facebook users don't care.

I havent had Facebook for almost 3 years now. Best decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join