It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM to Sign "QUIT CLAIM DEEDS" in TEXAS ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

In response to the growing confusion over disputed land along the Texas-Oklahoma border, U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and U.S. Rep. Mac Thornberry, TX-13, have introduced Senate and House legislation to direct the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to transfer any land in Texas along the Red River to landowners who can prove through official records that they own the land outright.

The bill would:

1. Direct the BLM to relinquish and transfer by quit claim deed any land in Texas along the Red River to a landowner who can prove through official State or county records that they fully own the land.

2. Require the BLM to issue a public notice of the process and accept all legitimate claims of ownership.

3. Establish a 120-day time period in which the BLM must act on a request.

4. Ensure that BLM does not treat any land as public land for the Resource Management Plan until the Secretary is sure they are not subject to transfer.

Legislation Introduced To Provide Fairness, Certainty For Texas Landowners Along The Red River

-
SHORT TITLE: "Red River Private Property Protection Act"

-
BACKGROUND:
BLM’s Response Will Force Texas To Pursue Other Options

-
OPINION: It's a sad, sad day when U.S. Citizens MUST DEFEND themselves from their own Federal Government.

OBSERVATION: If the Federal Government (including employees) makes enemies of the entire world and of their own citizens then WHO? will willingly defend them when they need it ???

( i.e. What YOU Do Today ... Affects YOU Tomorrow )

edit on 27-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

OPINION: It's a sad, sad day when U.S. Citizens MUST DEFEND themselves from their own Federal Government.

Haven't we been doing that since Lincoln started the War of Northern Aggression against the south a century and a half ago? They've been plundering ever since.

Glad to see Texas trying to protect land owners property rights against the feds though. Nothing worse than federal carpetbaggers screwing over US citizens.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I have felt the BLM and a few other agencies have gone rouge years ago they exist as a power structures for control of Americans instead of for the average American.

Its a shame it takes a legislation to protect people because some of these agencies have become so big and good at twisting laws the average American is scr#wed

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Haven't we been doing that since Lincoln started the War of Northern Aggression against the south a century and a half ago? They've been plundering ever since.

Lincoln started? So he ordered the Confederates to fire on Fort Sumter?
Civil War Facts

On April 10, 1861, knowing that resupplies were on their way from the North to the federal garrison at Fort Sumter in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina, provisional Confederate forces in the city demanded the fort’s surrender. The fort’s commander, Major Robert Anderson, refused. On April 12, the Confederates opened fire with cannon. At 2:30 p.m. the following day, Major Anderson surrendered.

Glad to see Texas trying to protect land owners property rights against the feds though. Nothing worse than federal carpetbaggers screwing over US citizens.

If the land goes to anyone it should go to the people that the original lawsuit deemed that legally owned it and that is the Native Americans. These people should sue Texas for making them pay taxes on land they really don't own.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

From your link:

The American Civil War, 1861–1865, resulted from long-standing sectional differences and questions not fully resolved when the United States Constitution was ratified in 1789.

Sometimes he who fires the first shot didn't really start the war. Just my opinion but personally I believe Lincoln was the biggest fulcrum for the problems within the US today. Especially regarding State vs. Federal power of which this issue is once again brought to the forefront.

If we're going to go all the way back to the Native Americans then I agree with you, we stole most everything they had and they should have first claim on US soil. Sadly the general consensus from states and feds seems to be Native Americans are a leftover entanglement from a bygone era.

edit on 243pm0101pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Sometimes post are just plain brilliant.........You sir are right on the money. Lincoln is a traitor and forefather of this tyranny we all live under in the US. So many people put him up as a hero they are all fools and romantics.

All people of this great land should learn about his treachery. He was also a cruel man. Sherman's march to the sea. What kind of man would order this? He is the scum of the earth in my book.

Hitler,Stalin,Mao,Pol Pot..........Lincoln......All cut from the same cloth.

edit on 28-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

finally...... i'm from ky, beautiful nature, horrible gov't, and has always been that way. let illinois claim that pos. i would have peeled lincolns cap back blue myself if i were alive back then, and if i could have beat booth to it. "i didn't know they stacked sh*t that high"

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So...the BLM owns the land anyway?

I thought I was arguing that point for months now.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
So...the BLM owns the land anyway?

I thought I was arguing that point for months now.

Anyone can sign a "Quit Claim" on any Texas property; regardless if they own the property or NOT ( in this case ).

It's a Legally-Recorded-Instrument indicating ...

I HAVE NO CLAIM, NOW or EVER or NEVER.

Are we ... Now, Clearer than Mud ???

OPINION:

Every Land-Owner along the Red River will be ...

Getting and Recording "BLM Quit Claim"s.

edit on 28-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join