It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian cop says he kills for Christ

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: undo

undo, one more time in case you missed it:
Prot·es·tant
ˈprätəstənt/
noun
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.

Just because a Mormon or JW "rejects" being called that, doesn't mean they are not. ANY Christian who is not a Roman Catholic or Orthodox IS CONSIDERED A PROTESTANT.

There are over 30,000+ Protestant denominations. The definition stands. And no, thank you, I'm not going calling on any Mormons or JWs. Met them, talked to them, rejected them. I don't need them knocking on my door anymore.

And yet, somehow, all of those different branches still constitute as the ONE, ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Like saying that 1-50 all constitute as having the exact same value.

Go figure.
edit on 29-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Dominion Theology or Dominionism is the idea that Christians should work toward either a nation governed by Christians or one governed by a conservative Christian understanding of biblical law. At least under this name, it exists primarily among Protestants in the United States. It is a form of theocracy and is related to theonomy, though it does not necessarily advocate Mosaic law as the basis of government. Prominent adherents of Dominion Theology are otherwise theologically diverse, including the Calvinist Christian Reconstructionism and the charismatic/Pentecostal Kingdom Now theology and New Apostolic Reformation.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

but it's good that there are many different kinds. if they were all on the same page, we'd all be in trouble. i lived in a place where everyone was the same religion. it was AWFUL. lol i mean, terrible.

did i mention it was awful?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

but it's good that there are many different kinds. if they were all on the same page, we'd all be in trouble.

We already ARE all in trouble.

i lived in a place where everyone was the same religion. it was AWFUL. lol i mean, terrible.

Yes, you did, and yes, you are right.

We are in trouble, deep doo-doo, and there's no getting around that.

Nevertheless, I disagree that it is "good" that are many different kinds - because THOSE DIFFERENT KINDS are the ones ripping this country's spine out.

Just like the different 'sects' of Islam - killing each other, every bloody day. All the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

oh believe me, protestants who are not dominionists recognize that it's not remotely an american idea. and there are alot of protestants who don't agree with it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

protestants who are not dominionists recognize that it's not remotely an american idea. and there are alot of protestants who don't agree with it.

Yes, there are lots of them (Protestants - I was raised as a Protestant Episcopalian - now 'lapsed' and an agnostic). But that does NOT mean that Mormons and JWs are not "Protestants." Nor that SMDs/NARs are not "Protestants."

The SMDs can call themselves whatever they like, but they ARE Protestants, and DANGEROUS.

I'm logging off now -
talk to you later.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

you are actually going to sit there and try to claim that christians in america are ripping each other's spines out lol oh i see violent christian based jihad all over the usa, don't you? maybe in the future, when there's enough catholic hispanics there might be a protestant vs. catholic problem, but as of yet, this is not the case.

there are alot of different kinds of every world view in the usa. that's what keeps it from being a tyranny.
edit on 29-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

you are actually going to sit there and try to claim that christians in america are ripping each other's spines out

No, read it again.

I said the fracture and schisms and opposing 'denominations' are ripping out America's spine. "This country's spine out."

THOSE DIFFERENT KINDS are the ones ripping this country's spine out.

Not each others. Not yet, anyway.

edit on 6/29/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

but it's good that there are many different kinds. if they were all on the same page, we'd all be in trouble. i lived in a place where everyone was the same religion. it was AWFUL. lol i mean, terrible.

Did you at all read what I said? The bible is purported to be the ONE, ABSOLUTE TRUTH. And yet, apparently, there are over 4,000 variations of the SAME, PERFECT TRUTH. Seems like a contradiction in terms, to me. The truth is ONE TRUTH, not a dozen variations. And if you disagree, you clearly do not know the definition of truth.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

well that's the same idea since the usa is supposedly 70% (i don't really think so but that's the statistic) christian. if we are ripping the spine out of america and replacing it with religious stuff, how come our media doesn't resemble christian principles? have you watched tv lately? lol compare that to old american tv shows like andy griffith show or i love lucy.

this country is very secularized and christians have, overall, helped it to remain that way because most of us, don't want the others to tell us how to act, dress, think.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

humans are contradictory and we reserve the right to be so.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

humans are contradictory and we reserve the right to be so.

I didn't know the Bible was human. Pardon my misunderstanding, I thought it was supposed to be the perfect word of God.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

since it's personally interpreted (and should remain that way), it is interpreted in as many ways as there are types of people. that's good. you don't want universal agreement on it as it requires forcing large swaths of people into a single world view, and that's the kinda thing you're against or.......are you?

edit on 29-6-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

since it's personally interpreted (and should remain that way), it is interpreted in as many ways as there are types of people. that's good. you don't want universal agreement on it as it requires forcing large swaths of people into a single world view, and that's the kinda thing you're against or.......are you?

Not personally interpreted. Hold on, lemme look it up...

Charlie has combined his skills in instruction with his personal experience in killing as a Christian warrior providing him the ability to connect with the reader.

In Eipper's own words. I'm done arguing. You interpret how you want, but those were his exact words.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

oh i was speaking generally. american christians reserve the right to interpret scripture however they personally see it and this was as a result of 1700 years of the holy roman church telling them what to believe or else, only to find out over half of what they said wasn't even in the text in the first place. lol

so having many different religious views on biblical text is actually a good thing. when you get everyone agreeing on the same thing, under pain of death, then you gots a problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

when you get everyone agreeing on the same thing, under pain of death, then you gots a problem.

Erm, um. NO.

When you get everyone agreeing on the same thing.....
YOU HAVE PEACE.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

if we are ripping the spine out of america and replacing it with religious stuff, how come our media doesn't resemble christian principles?

FOX "News" does, as well as Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, O'Reilly....

have you watched tv lately? lol compare that to old american tv shows like andy griffith show or i love lucy.

When I was a kid, it was 'The Monkees' and 'Batman' and 'Star Trek' and 'Gilligan's Island' (as well as the Andy Griffith show, Leave it to Beaver, and I Love Lucy - but those were Black and White reruns.)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

when you get everyone agreeing on the same thing, under pain of death, then you gots a problem.

Erm, um. NO.

When you get everyone agreeing on the same thing.....
YOU HAVE PEACE.

Namaste.

oh, you need to read what the holy roman empire did to people or did that just slip your mind?
/mourns for poor galileo

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

oh the rise of conservative media. the gov said, oh crap, 70% (probably more back then) are getting pissed that they no longer have a voice. we can't have them forming their own public venues, so we'll make them some and direct the conversation. started with limbaugh on am radio.

yeah we are probably in the same age group, as i watched the monkees, batman and star trek as well, when they were new shows.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What I don't understand is the mentioning of gun control. We are way past the point of no return on that one. I can almost grasp the concept if every single person in the world, cops, military, citizens relinquished guns but not really...that wouldn't work. We have seemingly always been a violent species and for whatever reason, we would always find a way to do violence on our fellow man. Even if every gun in the world was destroyed...with all the other horrible weapons and means of killing that exists in this day and age, it would be an exercise in futility. Now we can kill more people on a larger scale and with a multitude of ways so if feels like the gun control ship has sailed already...that is the least of it.

Even if a major catastrophy. (sp) sent us all back to the stone age, we'd still figure out ways to kill...be it sticks, clubs, rocks and such. It seems to be the way of man, religion or not. Though, I agree, many wars have been started over religious beliefs, besides greed and politics and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join