It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual riches uncovered in the New Testament...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have been watching 'The Open Door Series' videos on religion by Nehemia Gordon and Keith Johnson, and felt I had to share with all interested ATSer's.

There is an incredible depth to the New Testament that is revealed in this series of videos. As well as all kinds of interesting titbits and information, that answer all kinds of weird and wonderful religious questions along the way. Enjoy!

www.nehemiaswall.com...

(Note: This recommendation is unsolicited.)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Maigret

usually not my thing but actually starts well.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Wow. Another 18 hours of my life I will never get back, if it happens I won't enjoy it.

However, that why it's actually mandatory, to share some insight, you can share with us. Please give a little summary in your own word, what to expect from watching the videos ? If it isn't to much ask.

Sint

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas

Wow. Another 18 hours of my life I will never get back, if it happens I won't enjoy it.

However, that why it's actually mandatory, to share some insight, you can share with us. Please give a little summary in your own word, what to expect from watching the videos ? If it isn't to much ask.

Sint

Fair enough, Sinter Klaas, I'll give it a go. These are only titbits, and I'm not sure what will take your fancy...

Nehemia Gordon is a highly educated Karaite Jew and Keith Johnson is a Methodist minister, and these two have linked up for a serious study of the Bible.

In these videos, the rich Jewish meanings behind many obscure Biblical words are revealed, giving a new understanding of what is meant by passages we usually have to skip over, or that just go right over our heads.

For instance, I've often wondered how the Son can deny those who 'practise lawlessness' [Matthew 7:23] when 'grace' has superseded the 'law'. I got my answer through watching these videos. No doubt, many of your own questions would be settled too.

And there many other weird and wonderful facts given in these highly entertaining videos. Including photos of places these two have actually visited that are named within the Bible.

You get to hear the name of God properly pronounced - as per the vocal directions given in the Aleppo Codex.

You get to hear two different sounds of the Shofar - calling to 'camp' or to 'move'.

The ship's Captain wrote the words to 'Amazing Grace', but you learn the music/tune came from the West African slaves in those dark dank holds, bemoaning their fate.

You discover the impossible reason the Syrians didn't take out Israel during the Yom Kippur War - and how the number '7' featured so prominently.

There is also information given that helps you to understand other things you yourself may have questioned. For instance, I knew that Muslims insist on burying their dead on the day of death, but I didn't know the Jews (at least in Israel) do too. This seems minor on its own, but there are other instances where the similarities between these two apparently opposing religions have surprised me as well, supporting my notion that God will unite them - and others.

I also have a strong inkling that these two will prove to be the Two Witnesses of Revelation... *L* Who better than an African American and a Jew, working in tandem? But whether or not this is true, remains to be seen.

top topics

join