It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FDA Says E-Cigarettes Are Less Harmful Than Smoking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The government's chief tobacco regulator told Congress today that e-cigarettes are almost certainly healthier than tobacco, that much more research needs to be done, but that it needs to regulate them now anyway.

“If we could get all of those people [who smoke] to completely switch all of their cigarettes to noncombustible cigarettes, it would be good for public health,” Mitch Zeller, director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Tobacco Products said today at a hearing that could help determine the fate of e-cigarettes in the United States.

But that's not stopping the agency from asking Congress for the authority to restrict the products now—regardless of whether the health impact is positive or negative.

The FDA Says E-Cigarettes Are Less Harmful Than Smoking

I smell the hand of big tobacco.
Speaking as one who has been able to quit smoking by "vaping" it is a threat to them.
I went from a pack +/- a day habit costing me upwards of three hundred dollars monthly to a 20 dollar bottle of e-juice lasting me a month.
"Vaping" needs your support.
freetovape.org...
edit on 27-6-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Vaping all the way here. Cheaper, healthier, more enjoyable... of course I live in the empire state, a corrupt nanny state, and they are trying to make them illegal. Can't cut into their taxes on tobacco (highest in the country). It's just like obiwan always said about New York, "ive never seen a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
edit on 27-6-2014 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

E cigs are no doubt healthier and do not stink. I quit with them as well. It is hard to find e-juice in Canada with nicotine but you can if you look hard. I think the only problem is the e-juice made in china not properly inspected but stuff made with quality grade products is much healthier than the products of combustion. Another problem is disposal of the lithium-ion battery. Don't throw them in the trash. Collect the used ones and dispose them correctly.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
I smell the hand of big tobacco.
freetovape.org...

It's not just big tobacco that wants them regulated. Big government wants it's greedy claws in it as well for the tax revenue that's lost from smokers that switch to e-cigarettes. I wish it was as simple as blaming big tobacco, but sadly the government is far more greedy.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The FDA also says that a certain plant put here by the creator is deadly, yet nobody has EVER died from it...
The FDA or any other government agency does not have much of any credit with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've switched from 2 packs camel 99's a day to a few puffs on the old ecig. My lungs feel much better and my boss gave me a 50 cent raise for quitting cigarettes
he's a funny old guy

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
its funny today some girl at my work was asking for a light ... new girl we all vape looked at her funny what lighter ... what do you need a lighter for lol

point being smoking is no longer the norm everyone is vaping and they are going with if u cant beat em tax em policy

and the goverment is going to have alot of explaining to do saying we want u all to die horible slow deaths most smokers started back when there where cherry flavored cigs addvertising to kids and the idea they where bad was supressed

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
as much as i support e-cigs, such stuff needs more regulations, sadly. you can't just buy whatever juice is available and claim it's certainly healthier than a cig rolled on your own, using proper tobacco. hell knows what crap they put in those. i would happily switch to e-cigs myself, but after trying them i have to say the feeling i've got in my throat from those was far worse than from any tobacco i've smoked.

so for now, i guess i'll stay on the safe side with my hand rolled cigs in organic papers (made from hemp).
edit on 27-6-2014 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

The problem is, you're still breathing in the tar and carbon monoxide byproducts of the combustion of the tobacco leaf.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Imagine the things you breathe in walking in a city, or past a factory.
I roll my own and have for years, I inhale burnt tobacco and paper smoke.
Perfectly happy with it as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i switched to ecigs 4 years ago and cheap juice is a plauge on ecigs i switched to all natral all organic 4 months ago
my lungs improved alot from the switch to anao juice

i quit smoking almost 6 years ago and started dipping no better but my lungs where shot im only 28
smoked non filter malbro menthols

i never had good lungs tho this so far is the best alternitive i just cant stop the nicotine it may never stop
atleast with the ecigs and anao juice i have a chanse of dieing from heart failure like everyone else in my family

even the hardcore alcoholics didnt get to surcome to liver failure just heart failure around there 60s

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Big Tobacco is in on vaping as well. Most of the major Tobacco companies produce their own E-Cigs now.

Anyway -- Here in CO its hard to tell the E-Juice smokers from the potheads, as they both use similar contraptions to vape. I'm not complaining or anything. I've tried the Vape pens and find them satisfactory. As an ADHD kid from the 80's, I used Tobacco for many years as self medication.

There is no doubt in my mind which is safer.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow! the FDA says so! Well ain't that just dandy!

They are the PARAGON of integrity and truth! LOL!!!

Government scumbags have let Big Pharma shove all sorts of poison down our throats...

I wouldn't trust 'em to tell me water was safe to drink...LITERALLY!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
Wow! the FDA says so! Well ain't that just dandy!

They are the PARAGON of integrity and truth! LOL!!!

Government scumbags have let Big Pharma shove all sorts of poison down our throats...

I wouldn't trust 'em to tell me water was safe to drink...LITERALLY!!!

100% agree the water hear is "safe" to drink only small amounts of uranium in it ... i filter it hell no i wont drink it

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In other breaking news, drinking bottled water is better for you than 2 liters of soda

edit on 6/28/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I've been vapingfor over a year now. While it's almost certain that vaping is far less dangerous than tobacco, I fully support the need for more research to find out exactly what negative long term effects there are with e cigs.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The FDA?
You mean the same agency that claims that a certain plant I cannot mention "has no medicinal value whatsoever" and has "a very high potential for abuse and addiction?"....that FDA? The same FDA that would classify said plant as a Schedule I substance (worst of the worst, supposedly) and claims it has no medicinal value, yet claims that zohydro will not be widely abused (yeah....like Oxycontin didn't teach them anything)

Please....
The FDA is NOT credible.....in no way, shape, or form.

And that isn't even scratching the surface of the drug issues.....let alone the food issues.

I could go on for days.....

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Imagine the things you breathe in walking in a city, or past a factory.
I roll my own and have for years, I inhale burnt tobacco and paper smoke.
Perfectly happy with it as well.

So why inhale any more then?
You're only deluding yourself if you think what you're doing is safe.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Which vaporizer do you use?

I once tried it, and it helped me quit for 6 months. Would try again, but not sure on the best brand to go with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join