It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"AMNESTY ADVOCATES STORM CONGRESS OVER THREATS TO DACA"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Breitbart

"Nearly 560,000 people have received temporary amnesty and work permits after President Barack Obama unilaterally enacted the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program two years ago. In September, those who received DACA in 2012 can apply to renew their status for an additional two years.
Julieta Garibay, the co-founder of the activist United We Dream group, tweeted a photo as activists were storming Issa's office and wrote, "#dreamers taking over @DarrellIssa's office after his ridiculous statement against #DACA telling him 'Come & take it!'"
Garibay was referring to a letter Issa wrote to House colleagues this week in which he reportedly wrote that Obama should "make an explicit public commitment that [he] will not support legislation that extends legal status to newly arriving illegal aliens no matter the age."
"[T]he very existence of the program contradicts present law and violates the Constitutional principle of a separation of powers which grants primary law making authority to the Congress," Issa wrote, according to The Huffington Post. "The Executive does not get to pick and choose which laws must be enforced and which can be selectively ignored... DACA rewards families and individuals who have broken our laws, further encouraging others to seek similar benefits."
United We Dream is reportedly pushing for the temporary amnesty program to be extended to family members of DACA recipients."

I just don't feel this would have been allowed to happen if Occupy Wall Street tried to do this. I may be wrong. Did they have a permit or any permission what so ever to do this?
edit on 27-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

sorry im all over the place with edits. just woke up and not with it yet
edit on 27-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: sorry im all over the place with edits. just woke up and not with it yet

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Illegals have been catered to on so many levels for long enough while our own Countrymen suffer. These kids and their parents should have been deported long ago. If we can't take care of our own, we can't reward foreigners. We see what amnesties have done in the past. All we get is MORE illegal immigration and special treatments. There is no end to this!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I almost hesitate to say anything about giving people freedom, since that usually means we kill a whole lot of them while occupying their country. But that is basically what we COULD do if we chose to use our immense power positively instead of using it to extract value.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is a quote on a pedestal at the foot of the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses who yearn to breathe free."

The OP is a little all over the place, but I'll give it to you. SnF for shedding a little light on why it may be that so many are flocking to our border.

It's ironic that we are plagued with this issue of the children coming across. It's kind of like the chickens are coming home to roost if you may. If America didn't support the Mexican drug cartel none of this would be happening. By making drugs illegal we create a huge market and keeping it close to home via Mexico makes it a lucrative market for many on our side of the border as well. Rewarding those who try and flee the resulting power shift only exacerbates an already inflamed situation.

There's no place for discussion of closing the borders or sending people back home in my opinion, not yet at least. You have to look at it from a neighborly perspective. Mexico needs our support right now. It needs to be a collaborative effort between our two countries.

It has become a war zone in places across the border, across an imaginary line in a land that we all share. It's all of our problem, and we should share in the effort to remedy the situation, whatever it may be.
edit on 27-6-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli
If we can't support our own homeless and hungry families, how are we supposed to help anyone else? We have actually done more for illegals than our own Countrymen. We have people on waiting lists, waiting for years for cheap housing while illegals are already living there. We have millions of unemployed people while illegals are holding jobs and able to feed their families. I could give many more examples, but most people are quite aware of the inequality.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
As for the statue of liberty, I can't believe that people are still bringing that up. This is in no way the America it once was many years ago. This is no longer the great land of opportunity it once was. We are trillions of dollars in debt, continue to donate to foreign Countries and take in millions of illegals while our own Countrymen suffer and struggle to care for and feed their families. We have tent cities all over the USA, shelters filled to capacity etc. Illegal immigration is a negative impact on America.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

If they are doing anything that supports the positions of the lawless one in the White House, they have a free pass for any and all bad behavior.

Standing against the "law" that grants a free pass to criminals that invaded the country is a good thing. I am sick of illegal ALIENS (they are NOT immigrants, and calling them that is an insult to my immigrant friends that did it legally!!!) getting anything and everything they want. Veterans can't get medical care, but illegals can.

As far as I am concerned, if someone comes illegally as an adult, they lose ALL right to ever come legally. Kids that are brought don't have much say, so they could be deported along with the parents. If they come legally later, they get ONE chance.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We can support our own. But we don't. Lets be honest....we make choices. And drone missiles are more important than bowls of soup. And you and I approve of this by continuing to vote for the same people, and continuing to pay taxes to support the killing of foreigners who don't really need killing.

Even worse....the "illegal immigration" problem you reference is actually a "refugee" problem that, once again, we created. We chose to support 1 cartel, overlooking all the headless bodies they left behind. Matter of fact, we seemed to have approved of the headless bodies because we kept giving them more guns. It is Iran/Contra all over again. Or, rather, it is a continuation of our efforts to control the global drug trade.

We created this problem. It is our fault. The Mexican Government has no hope battling the cartels when we are backing the cartels.

So, you are right in that it sucks that we don't take better care of our own. But it isn't because we can't. And it isn't like we didn't create the problems to the south of us that are driving our current spate of xenophobia.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
We can say that there is a border between our country and there's. We can draw a line on a map and expect people to believe in it, but in reality we are not separated by anything at all. The Mexican culture is an extension of our own, just as the Canadian one is.

Because we feel friendlier with Canada we would more ready accept some who wish to leave their country. But they would not be coming to support the bottom tiers of our society so it would be okay? Their contribution would be no less important than the foundation that very low wage immigrant workers fill today. These people make up the foundation of our economy. Our politicians know this, and though it may be wrong, we enjoy the exploits on a day basis.

The reasons that we cannot fairly take care of our own poverty stricken people have nothing to do with illegal immigration. Those who try and escape the hardships of their own country are willing to reside within the boundaries of poverty in our country and they are welcomed by our employers. They would not come here if we didn't accept them with open arms.

I feel the same way as you folks for the most part, It is a crime against our brothers and sisters that we allow this kind of class separation to exist in such a great country. And it is still a great country, we have more freedom, opportunity and education than most of the rest of the world. I just feel that we would wreck more lives with the silly misguided approach that we take in dealing with this crisis.

It seems to me that the problem is on the right (America) and the solution is on the left (Mexico) and we cannot seem to recognise the common thread that connects them, which is the unbalanced structure that we build our economy on top of.

We separate ourselves from the solution (Mexico) in the act of trying to remedy the problem. Meanwhile the problem gets worse and worse. Would we not take our neighbours children in and feed them in times of crisis? Even if we were hungry ourselves? If not then we will surely all fall together.

new topics

top topics

join