It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Illegal Spying Below": Blimp Flies Over NSA Utah Data Center in Protest

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

National Security Agency workers in Utah found themselves under an eye in the sky Friday morning — an airship emblazoned with "Illegal Spying Below," floating directly above the agency's huge data center outside Bluffdale.

No need for protest/free speech zones when you're airborne. What a great idea, expensive, but great.

Illegal spying below...lolz

Couldn't agree more.

Not the first time a protest has taken to the air via a blimp.

Greenpeace Blimp Protests Apple’s ‘Dirty’ Energy Company

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'm sure they will try to find a way to punish the people in the blimp, if not they will try to create a law or something to keep it from happening in the future

edit on 27-6-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed excessive quote. MOD Note: Excessive Quoting

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't get it. Who sees this? A few people on the internet and a few NSA workers driving into work so they can pay their mortgage. I don't see a blimp armed with slogans doing anything to stop them from doing what they already know is illegal.

Color me cynical.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Now that's what I call a creative way to protest. Unfortunately, we can probably imagine that the NSA will press for legal actions against the people behind this.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Consider yourself colored.

Blimps are in the air. Lots of people can see them.

A few NSA workers?

edit on 27-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Protesting like a boss.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Pwned...

Expect a bill to be raised to Ban civilian blimps.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
I don't get it. Who sees this? A few people on the internet and a few NSA workers driving into work so they can pay their mortgage. I don't see a blimp armed with slogans doing anything to stop them from doing what they already know is illegal.

Color me cynical.

They should make better use of that blimp and swap the weight of the people on board with some radio gear and... well.. other objects.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is actually a great idea!! We can fly blimps with messages on them right above the corrupted trash in this country!! cool One over ever Wall Street execs and banksters homes.
edit on 30-6-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

top topics

join