It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanny-stater of the week: NY lawmaker wants to ban photos with tigers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Another blue ribbon ultra-Nut masterpiece of legislation.

New York is pressing hard for this gem.

Read but be careful what you take a picture of yourself with !!

You’d think natural selection would take care of this problem.

But in New York, the state Legislature has approved a bill to ban the practice of taking photos with tigers and posting them online. Apparently, that’s a thing the kids are doing these days — and by “the kids,” we mean 20-to-30-something guys who seem to have reached the conclusion that a photo with a big, scary cat will help their online dating prospects.

Yes, it sounds ridiculous. But there’s actually a whole social media account set up to track the bros who are taking “tiger selfies.”

Nanny-stater of the week: NY lawmaker wants to ban photos with tigers

They must be protecting people who might think the tiger is their date !!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another example of tax dollars being spent on government control legislation which does nothing but continues to put the government's nose where it doesn't belong. Instead of focusing on legislation that will affect the majority of Americans like reducing taxes and spending, they spend time on crap like this?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You've done it. You've finally started a thread about a topic we're in agreement on.

Who in their right mind thinks the public needs a law to prevent "tiger selfies???" What they should have done is passed a law making it legal for tigers to eat dumbasses who try to take pictures with them.
edit on 2014-6-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
No selfies with tigers, especially riding tigers! Bad human!

Lots of these pics are taken in other countries, and many look like the tiger might actually be enjoying a little attention. Sure, there is danger of losing an arm, but these are adult men that can figure that out for themselves. This is why our representatives were meant to only be working part time at legislating. They have nothing better to do than meddle and micromanage us to death.

( why does that tiger have horse ears growing out of his back, lol )
edit on 27-6-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

How does one go about taking a "tiger selfie"? Furthermore, who the hell decided tigers were so damn great anyway? I'm taking a giraffe selfie! At least giraffes won't try and maul me for being a d-bag.

Kallisti

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Why not enact legislation banning sticking sharp objects in your eyes?

I swear! It's like there is no other issue that these morons can address!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

How does one go about taking a "tiger selfie"? Furthermore, who the hell decided tigers were so damn great anyway? I'm taking a giraffe selfie! At least giraffes won't try and maul me for being a d-bag.

Kallisti

There are actually special Tiger Temples where you can ride a tiger:

www.flixya.com...

Warnings: Do not wear red/orange colour clothes.
Ladies should have minimum three quarter sleeves and shorts to the knee for the temple.
No loud noises or sudden movements or running.

edit on 27-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Kallisti

Theres a tiger temple in thailand where you can pet the tigers and get your pic taken with them .. visited it a couple times in past .. also got a tigress with two cubs at the river here that sit and watch at times when go fishing ..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yep... dumbocracy in action ..

Does make one have to ask though ... why such an idiot law in america when they dont have native tigers ?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
On the other hand, she seems to be primarily targeting some type of social media douchebag...so can that be all bad?
If only someone had stood up sooner and said "no" to duckfacing via legislation.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

That tiger has horses ears sticking out the top of his head. Somebody just photoshopped the tiger over the horse.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder
I know ... I'm being a goof

So, is it still OK to take selfies with grizzly bears and rattlesnakes? At least we have those in the US.

edit on 28-6-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
NY, the only place in the US where SALT would be illegal in restaurants if Democrats had their way.

ETA: My wife just fed some Tigers the other day. She loved it.
edit on 28-6-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I could see making it a crime to touch them in zoos, circuses, fairs, and the like. The places housing those animals shouldn't have to be held liable for some idiot wanting a picture with one. However, wanting to ban the PHOTOS seems like the wrong direction on this one. Unless they ban any privately-owned big cats, I don't see how that would work. There, much as I dislike government interference, it's an issue of safety for others. Some dork with big cats, that isn't housing them properly (and that happens; see my linked thread in siggy), places their neighbors in danger. So, instead of addressing that, she addresses the pictures????? Typical bureaucrat.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

From what I saw in the photos, no one is jumping into the tiger pit at the zoo, sticking their hands in cages or otherwise forcing themselves upon unsuspecting, potentially rapid tigers. These look like tigers that are well cared for, socialized and have been raised for generations in captivity. I wouldn't call them domesticated, but they certainly look pretty tame, and have been trained for social interaction. I don't see what the fuss is about.

new topics

top topics

join