It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VA hospitals fund solar panels while veterans wait for doctors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It seems the VA has been busy with their directed Agenda21 projects that spend big money on solar power rather than much needed medical treatment.

Somebody needs to get their priorities straightened out.

I wonder how many secret Lobby-Lists exist for priority projects?

Veterans Administration hospitals have spent at least $420 million on solar panels and windmills while vets wait months — or even lay dying — to see a doctor.

In total, VA hospitals reported 23 deaths due to 76 instances of delayed care, an April 2014 VA fact sheet said. Then on June 5, Acting Veteran Affairs Secretary Sloan Gibson revealed that at least 18 Phoenix patients died while waiting for treatment on a secret list kept off the books. It is not clear if that number is in addition to the 23 deaths reported earlier. During the past month, the scandal has resulted in the resignations of both the VA secretary and the leaders of its health care component.

According to a June 3 audit, 100,000 veterans had lengthy wait times for appointments. Of the nation’s 216 VA hospitals, 37 percent will require further investigation.

VA hospitals fund solar panels while veterans wait for doctors

Solar Panels = Death Panels ?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Our local VA has been building, building, building. Meanwhile, they have reduced actual patient care and are trying to make more of a retirement environment.

One building has the roof made out of high tech solarr arrays that protect themselves from breaking in the hail.

When you talk to the employees there, they all believe they are doing good and helping vets. They mostly believe it passionately. I cannot really question the VA for anything due to local politics.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sounds like the VA has successfully produced a fully brain-washed employee base.

I wonder if that is a nation wide "qualification" ?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What the hell ?

I think this is intentional.

I really do.

I mean why the hell would anyone put on the uniform to serve this country ?

When veterans, and those who are currently serving keep getting treated like crap ?

Solar panels ?

Immediate medical care to those 'unaccompanied children'.

3 hots and cot for them while there are homeless veterans in this country.

And 'waiting lists for veterans as they lay dying.

This is outrageous.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Was the VA directed to buy ammo/bullets like a lot of other Agencies?

the scheme behind this nefarious buying was to spend wastefully this (2013-2014) year---

so that with the automatic increases in monies that the Congress has allowed for each Agency (without question)
that in fiscal year 2015-2016... the Dictator 'precedent-Obama'' could further bankrupt the Nation, but this time by installing MB (Muslim Brotherhood) 'Czars' to give monies & support to scores of Islamist NGO's in the course of continuing-operations of all those Agencies

its not a unrealistic stretch to buy Billion$ in hollow-point ammo in one year to buying/funding radical-
Islam 'cells' here in the USA to enforce the confiscation of guns by the federal government--- is it ?

I suggest this 'creeping' of cessation of Constitutional Rights is /has been the plan all along !
and in all sorts of ways...
edit on th30140390860227362014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The VA hospital i go to has put up the solar panels.

In part i like them because they pu them over the parking lot.

In the summer this is great as you don't have to get into a hot car after your appointment.

The VA i go to is in calif and so far there is no evidence of waiting list in the state.

But then the VA hospital i go to is used as part of UCLA and USC medical school teaching program.
so there are more then enough doctors.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Couldn't resist the immigration jab could you?
Like the lack of care to veterans is their fault. Yes the veterans and current service members get the short end of the stick but it has been that way for over a decade.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Our military is part of the problem driving our southern neighbors north. Certainly our vets need better care. But step 1 would be to have less vets by making less war.

This really isn't an either/or situation. There are countless other ways to shift money to the VA. Like less drone strikes. Or how about that $30mil in IRS bonuses.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There are countless other ways to shift money to the VA.

Sure is like getting millions of illegal immigrants off the welfare rolls.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
The VA hospital i go to has put up the solar panels.

In part i like them because they pu them over the parking lot.

In the summer this is great as you don't have to get into a hot car after your appointment.

The VA i go to is in calif and so far there is no evidence of waiting list in the state.

But then the VA hospital i go to is used as part of UCLA and USC medical school teaching program.
so there are more then enough doctors.

you are pointing out a basic rule of how a massive institution is run. there will be local VA hospitals around the nation where they can't put 2 sticks together to make a fire, but, most of the others are doing a satisfactory job....and the VA has not had to deal with such a large amount of veterans since the Vietnam war, so they are overworked, understaffed, and the good employees there already are constantly under the pressure to do more. get rid of the bad apples quickly, and give an "attaboy" to the ones that are working their ass off. don't condemn the whole group.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Im no fan of welfare....but my target would be more aimed at the ways we are killing people.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im no fan of welfare....but my target would be more aimed at the ways we are killing people.

Well Fast and Furious sure didn't help.

Arming drug cartels.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I have never understood the concept of the VA.

Why is a vet limited to care in a particular venue? Why can't a vet go to any "local doctor" of their choosing?

Because ... no one really wants to pay for that. People are all too willing to write a check their ass can't cash.

Every vet knows this.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

it was all part of the deal. We armed the Sinaloa and gave them a pass in exchange for them helping us squash the other cartels. It is easier to control the trade if you have the dominant force in your pocket.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The short answer? Because that's socialized medicine. Vets are too good for that but poor people aren't. It can be more nuanced but that's the short of it.

As to the OP; the government investigation found the VA problem to be 'systemic' but...I think it's a case by case basis on which hospital you go to. Everyone in my area is more than pleased with the care they get. Then again...not everyone in Phoenix is happy. Obviously.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Then again...not everyone in Phoenix is happy. Obviously.

ROFL

Socialized medicine and healthcare. They're even spelled differently.

I consider my VA benefit as nothing more than a fall-back position, and a bad one at that. Though it's been more then thirty years, I still recall this was a 'benefit' even my frikkin' recruiter told me was BS.

They should fold the VA, allow vets to visit a local physician, and pay the bills from the DoD's existing budget. It would surely make TPTB think twice before sending troops into harm's way. It would surely make TPTB reconsider retirement options. The only 'problem' I see ... is that a lot of 'sham' doctors are apt to be exposed for what they are. Oy yeah ... and what to do with all those solar panels.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't really see any difference between a doctor at one facility and a doctor at another. It's not the doctor's fault. It's the administrators. I don't care if the VA is putting solar panels on their roof. What I do care about is their methodology in treating patients.

The two don't really have a whole lot in common.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

I don't care if the VA is putting solar panels on their roof. What I do care about is their methodology in treating patients.

The two don't really have a whole lot in common.

Except for the money that is.

And who gets the cash and who dies instead.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The one good thing about being covered by the VA is you don't need Obamacare. That benefit is not so bad considering that.

Anyway last time I was at the VA they had a lot of covered parking now that I think about it those were probably solar panels.

I don't have any complaints about the VA I go to. My wait time with them is less than it is with the civilian counterpart. It has been my experience that VA quality of care varies from hospital to hospital. Maybe I have been lucky to where everything ran smoothly for me and I am the exception but I don't think that is the case because talking to the other vets there the biggest complaint is waiting for the pharmacy to fill a script. You only need to wait once and then refills can be sent to you in the mail.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Having well over a decade of federal service I've seen plenty of instances where I think the money could've been spent better. Too many.

That doesn't mean I'm going to start writing to the local papers about every little thing I see or hear. The government does have a system for just such an issue:

Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)

•Fraud is the intentional misrepresentation of information to gain undeserved payment for a claim
Waste involves spending federal health care dollars on services which are unnecessary
•Abuse involves a questionable practice, which is inconsistent with accepted medical or business policies

The best people to stop bad practices are the people that are tasked to carry them out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join