It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS & It's Religious Civil War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: DarknStormy I'm a hard headed lover. What part of my post brings my faith into question for you? It is quiet clear that islam views everyone as infedals including aethist.

That's not true.. Islam only see's people without any faith as infidels and it doesn't matter what religion you come form. Now when speaking about terrorists, then you are likely correct. They even kill innocent Muslims for Christ sake.
That's funny i also see them as infidals. Thankfully i am not required to harm them. Apparently their god was late to the earth party and had to take up the route of pretending not to exist. So in that case they are not infidels but just another religion in disguise.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: deadeyedick

Seems that you get most of your thoughts from bill.

LOL, well thanks for the generalization of my character, but I will go without.

The answer is simple and if the growth of radical islam is not stopped or at the very least molded into something that gains no power then they will eventually live up to their goals of cutting off your head one day.

This incredibly hyperbolic idea was said about Christianity back in the days when they were running around cutting people's heads off.

They will grow in power and tech.

The only reason they've done so thus far is because of Western Intervention. Deals with 3 letter agencies to overthrow despots who aren't playing ball, among other things are the reasons for extremists uprisings. Take Iraq for example, we created a power vacuum, killed most of the adults in the country and left it in the hands of old angry religious men, and young men looking for a fight because of what happened to their parents and their culture.

They want to bring the fight to us the infedals.

I wish Americans would realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and your safety, nor does it revolve around Islam hating America so much that every Muslim with a chip on their shoulder wants it destroyed. The media would certainly like for you to think that.

Pure and simple, this issue is a religious civil war, being fought between two groups who could care less bout America right now, other than whether or not they will, once again, stick their noses where it doesn't belong.

~Tenth
The last two threads i have seen of yours was from bills show. It was not ment to be negative. Obviously i watch too and agree with him every now and then. Maybe a little more than that. It is kinda petty to point fingers at early christians that got it wrong a long time ago. That gets us nowhere kinda like the dems and pubs. I'm sorry to tell you that Americans are not gonna just get over anything and only someone not taking into account all the angles would boil the situation down to being just a civil war. They have goals and it should be the job of the world to acess those goals and figure out if it is worth just letting them continue to kill and grow. The us really dropped the ball by leaving all that equipment for them to have and those sams change alot.

The biggest question i have is do we stand by and let them have bagdad and what doors does that open for them if they gain the capitol?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gianfar

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: DarknStormy

I love how people try to justify your countries innocence when the truth is Iraq was a stable country before US intervention

I love how people try to blame the west for a violent ideology that has been around since before the US was a country....

The US may have funded, and left power vaccums in the middle east, but the middle east has always been a hot bed of religious infighting and turmoil........

Islam has been a threat to its own people because of its extremist for much longer then the US has been around......

To deny that is absolute willful ignorance...........

This Sunni/Shia conflict is just the latest in a long line of infighting from Islam........

You can try and defend the Sunni perspective all you want but im not buying it, ive watched you do it on other threads.......

Been there done that......you cant pull the wool over my eyes

Would this be the same America whose violent ideology slaughtered millions of Native Americans and based a national textile economy on African Slavery?

Yes, let's quite ignore that Middle Eastern muslims also bought just as many Africans as the Europeans, marched mostly women and children across the African Sahara where many of them died which was as brutal, if not more so, than the slave ships, to be sold into servitude in the Middle East ... let's just ignore that. Let's also ignore that when the British Empire decided to end slavery, they were one of the most resistant people's to ending the slave trade.

American slavery was only notable because of the war to end it, but they were hardly the only nation to engage in it. Pretty much every nation in the world is guilty of slavery to some degree, and African and Middle Eastern nations continue to engage in it today.

As for destroying native tribes and peoples, that also is hardly unique to America.

In other words, American 'standards' aren't any better than that of the Arabs, Islamists and other terrorists who took part in supporting policy and economy based on violent hegemony. Great, thanks for the history lesson. You just proved my case in point.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
There's no money in American security. American fear is highly profitable.

There's no money in war either. Sure, our massive defense spending goes to American arms dealers and other corporations who aid the war, but this doesn't increase America's wealth. This only circulates wealth that already exists, meanwhile, having nothing to show for it, economically, except wasted resources. So, if anything, war is bad for the economy.

However, it is good for the economy in the long run, through its security value. It is good in the sense that if we didn't spend money on defense, it would cost a lot more if our enemies could invade us. We spend what we have to spend over seas so that the battle doesn't get brought to us and destroy our infrastructure. Security serves to maintain economic stability in the US. I'm completely okay with that. I'd rather fight over there and destroy our enemies land than fight over here and have our enemies destroy ours. Every decision made in war is a calculated decision designed to prevent invasion on our land. Its not about giving money to "evil corporations" at the expense of the American people. Its about maintaining the economy and security of America to protect our way of life from those who wish to dismantle it.
edit on 28-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

There's no money in war either. Sure, our massive defense spending goes to American arms dealers and other corporations who aid the war, but this doesn't increase America's wealth. This only circulates wealth that already exists, meanwhile, having nothing to show for it, economically, except wasted resources. So, if anything, war is bad for the economy.

However, it is good for the economy in the long run, through its security value. It is good in the sense that if we didn't spend money on defense, it would cost a lot more if our enemies could invade us. We spend what we have to spend over seas so that the battle doesn't get brought to us and destroy our infrastructure. Security serves to maintain economic stability in the US. I'm completely okay with that. I'd rather fight over there and destroy our enemies land than fight over here and have our enemies destroy ours. Every decision made in war is a calculated decision designed to prevent invasion on our land. Its not about giving money to "evil corporations" at the expense of the American people. Its about maintaining the economy and security of America to protect our way of life from those who wish to dismantle it.

Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it.

What do you mean?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I've been saying stay out of it since Desert Storm.Now we reap what we have sown.As long as there's money to be made in the region The Us is not leaving.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Our foreign policy isn't based on what is good for American security or our economy. America's foreign policy is based on profit.

Every decision made by our country is influenced by money. Nobody making these decisions is concerned with the well-being or wealth of the nation. They're only concerned with their own bank accounts and job security. You're giving the decision-makers in government WAY too much credit.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Every decision made by our country is influenced by money. Nobody making these decisions is concerned with the well-being or wealth of the nation. They're only concerned with their own bank accounts and job security. You're giving the decision-makers in government WAY too much credit.

The arms dealers love war for the money it makes them, but our elected officials wage war for America's security. I'm not saying there is 0% corruption in our government, but I am saying that ultimately, the decisions benefit our security and are necessary to maintain our security.

The only way our elected officials can personally profit from war is if they are accepting bribes from arms dealers so that the arms dealers will keep their defense contracts. If you can't prove that elected officials are receiving bribes from arms dealers to maintain the war, then you're wrong. They are innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The only way our elected officials can personally profit from war is if they are accepting bribes from arms dealers so that the arms dealers will keep their defense contracts. If you can't prove that elected officials are receiving bribes from arms dealers to maintain the war, then you're wrong. They are innocent until proven guilty.

www.huffingtonpost.com... -generals_n_2160771.html

A report released Monday by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the Brave New Foundation found that 70 percent of retired three-and-four star generals took jobs with defense contractors or consultants, a figure that has actually declined in recent years.

The report found that 76 out of 108 top generals took such jobs from 2009 to 2011, and a few continued to advise the Department of Defense while on the payroll of contractors.

The article doesn't mention elected officials... just Generals who are advising the DOD. You're asking for a smoking gun that won't be found.
edit on 6/29/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The article doesn't mention elected officials... just Generals who are advising the DOD.

Working for a defense contractor doesn't make a military general corrupt. Not sure what the point of your link was.

You're asking for a smoking gun that won't be found.

If there is corruption, it can be found. You can't hide money.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
The Boston bombings were not "terrorism". Not as defined in any case.

Curious .... what do you call it?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Our foreign policy isn't based on what is good for American security or our economy. America's foreign policy is based on profit.

War is America's top profiteering enterprise, with $4 trillion to $6 trillion dollars invested in the Iraq and Afghanistan - two front conflicts. Most of the money has been borrowed from banks with high interest rates, they profit tremendously.There are also weapons factories and hundreds of thousands of jobs initially created. There were thousands of mercenaries who earned more pay than our government soldiers. There were assembly lines of transport vehicles and other war materials manufactured by GM and Western Electric with high technology. US oil companies also signed long term oil extraction contracts with the Iraqi and Afghanistan governments. All of this profiteering that elites benefit from to make them richer and more powerful is coming directly from the pockets of wage earners, who will repay war loans with compound interest in the form of higher taxes, higher food prices and rent.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
ISIS is fake. The CIA set it up so they would have an excuse to go back to iraq finish the genocide against O negatives when they found out the first operation missed some. I know because someone told me they were going to do it . . . two years ago. a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm not able to make new threads for some reason. If someone wouldn't mind reposting for me . . .

edit on 29-6-2014 by 4evernewb because: repost

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4evernewb
ISIS is fake. The CIA set it up so they would have an excuse to go back to iraq finish the genocide against O negatives when they found out the first operation missed some. I know because someone told me they were going to do it . . . two years ago. a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm not able to make new threads for some reason. If someone wouldn't mind reposting for me . . .

Someone told me that they could fly one time too.........

Oh I also have heard several people claim to be Jesus........

I suppose we should believe everything we here........

I suppose I should be worried since im 0 negative huh?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Isnt every war in that barbaric part of the world usually based on some fanatic religious cause?
Hail pork?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

Yeah just like this side of the world, so civilized where they genocided the Native Americans and enslaved millions of Africans, and had a civil war that killed 600,000 men.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Yeah just like this side of the world, so civilized where they genocided the Native Americans and enslaved millions of Africans, and had a civil war that killed 600,000 men.

When people defend America, especially US policy - they always fail to mention its 500 year history of atrocity and plunder. Its the poison of patriotism which obfuscates the truth that is larger than all of us. I love America and retain the right and duty to expose political and economic oppression propagated with the unwitting compliance of its well meaning citizens by certain high authorities, corporate interests and security initiatives.

The real patriotism is in the recognition of cold, calculating truths that bring destruction to all of us. Reinventing the cold war theme through Jihadism (which Washington has done by bringing outright war and revolution to Muslim civilians) has already killed and maimed millions in at least five Middle Eastern countries. Moreover, it has decimated those economies as well as creating economic problems for Americans by causing the price of fuel to sky rocket since 1990.

As we watch these nations become failed states, the result is a rapid growth of Jihadism, Terrorism and civil unrest, all of which increases the threat of physical attacks on American interests (oil) and a slow decline in financial globalism due to job loss. Consequences for Americans is an economy that continues to shrink, along with price shocks.

I see that Americans are beginning to awaken from their slumber because of these disturbing signs. I just hope that enough people get to the heart of it before our leaders are allowed to ruin everything we believe in.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's ok to criticize America's history, but all your point does is justify a problem. Would you prefer blind denial?

What do you want me to do about American history? Can I turn back time and fix it? Am I to blame? what did i do to make our founders commit genocide? I would have spoken up if I was alive.

If you're suggesting I should over look today's world because American's did bad in the past, you are delusional. It's 2014, we have issues happening right now, we have 2014 players making 2014 moves. in 2014 I'm against genocide and idiotic wars. If you wish to support these bad idea's that's your right, but at least be honest about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Have you seen the latest headlines?

ISIS Urges Muslims To Immigrate To 'New State'

news.sky.com...

The leader of ISIS has told Muslims it is their "duty" to immigrate to his newly-declared "Islamic State" in Iraq and Syria.

In a 19-minute audiotape, Abu Bakr al Baghdadi specifically appealed to those with practical skills - such as scholars judges, doctors, engineers and others with military or administrative expertise - to come help build the caliphate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join