It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t shred on me: TX music lovers mock gun enthusiasts with Open Carry Guitar Rally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com... tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

“I’m not anti-gun at all,” the musician told KTVT-TV. “I’m a fifth-generation Texas veteran. I have guns, (but) leave them at home. You have rights — you just don’t have to express them all the time in people’s faces.”

Just a word of caution however....

Stay well clear of improvisational riffdom and the devils chord. These devices are to be used only in times of musical confusion
and terminal boredom.

Or combine both guns and guitars ala Ted Nugent.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You have rights — you just don’t have to express them all the time in people’s faces.

That's exactly how I feel about gay rights, religious people and vegans.

Pretty good quote.
edit on 2014/6/27 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Somehow I doubt he is representative of the musicians there. Many I know carry a gun, especially after what happened to Dimebag Darrell. I envision this guy being some nerd with black-framed glasses touting this anti-gun horse manure, trying to get people to back his anti-stance. He's in Texas so good luck with that noise. What he refers to as "People with guns shoving them in peoples faces" is really an anti-gun administration pissing gun owners off so they respond back....but they're the ones bothering this guy?? BS. I bet he voted for the problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Gay rights are not even close to "Gun Rights" we are People it's Human rights for one, and for two we can be who we are in Pubic Sorry not sorry

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Speaking of "shred"....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You have rights — you just don’t have to express them all the time in people’s faces.

That's exactly how I feel about gay rights, religious people and vegans.

Pretty good quote.

Hell that's exactly what I been thinking and saying for years now... but it's the in thing to do now a days. No one minds their own business anymore, that's the problem.

It's the same with smoking... the thought police , liberals and the 90's did this to us!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
RIP Johnny.....you make me proud to be a Texan.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Metallicus

Gay rights are not even close to "Gun Rights" we are People it's Human rights for one, and for two we can be who we are in Pubic Sorry not sorry

NIMBY...

take it down to the national mall

I don't care about gays... I wish they'd just stop telling me.

who cares until someone makes others care?

there's more important things to care about... like mortgage and getting a life.

besides... I'm still worried about saving the whales, we haven't done that yet!

edit on th512414p09u24R51 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join