It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Releases Global Takeover Map

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

MrSpad, you really know your stuff. Your posts have been a joy to read.

Refreshing to hear (and learn) from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: Vovin

I do not agree. The ISIL offensive was not surprising. In fact I've personally been writing about this kind of thing happening for years. How could it be surprising when the west was deliberately setting the conditions by deposing of secular regimes, bombing everybody to incite violence, and directly supporting these radical groups? The west was doing it on such a large scale that the result could only be a large scale reactionary movement.

This is exactly what they wanted. You think 10,000 air sorties over Libya was to liberate Libya? It was to turn Libya into a base of operations for Islamists, providing Libyan state weaponry and facilities to the insurgency.

As for organization? ISIL most definitely is organized and controlled by regional players. It's also supported by the USA.

I am talking about reality and you talking about a variety of off the wall theories all mashed together. ISIS current make up has more to with the Iraqi goverments exclusion of Sunnis than it does anything else. That is what has given ISIS (at least for the short term) the manpower and trained leadership it needed to make a coventional move. Granted the second they were stopped short of Baghdad it was over. Trying to tie Libya into this is silly and shows a complete lack of understanding of the region. ISIS is a one off. It has no outside support and that is why is in a couple of years nobody will even remember who they were. Your theory would then be the US toppled Libya, Syria, and Egypt and for some reason that created ISIS (who have been around for over decade) to take over part of Iraq and then get beaten back all as some sort of plan that you will have to make up later.

You're the one who has a complete lack of understanding. I've been following this situation for years and producing reports and following the observations by others in the field. Yet you're telling me that my theories are "off the wall" while you claim that this is just a few bad apples and the threat will be eliminated with a few bombs. That ignorant line of thinking has led to this situation, it is no solution.

Perhaps if you are so aware of the sitution and you bothered to read what I post you would see that a military solution is not the answer. Yes in time Iraqi forces emilinate ISIS as conventional military threat. They will how simply go back to low level insugents and terror attacks. And if you know the situation on the ground then you also know ISIS manpower and organization comes from Sunni miliias and former Iraqi officers. The best way to deal with that is to form a unity goverment and remove them from equation.

ISIS is now on the defensive and that is how they shall remain. They may on occasion grab a town for a short time as a morale booster but, with Iraqs forces redeployed from couter terror and policing deployment to one geared to face a more traditional miltary threat. This as you surely are aware is why Iraq forces melted before ISIS. Widely spread out in small groups they were deployed or prepared for a conventional attack. As soon as that changed ISIS was halted.

As for the Caliphate you will find shortly leaders from all sects both moderate and radical declaring it illegal and enemy. The fact of the matter is ISIS is now living on borrowed time. It has given up the intiative to much larger better armed force and has enemies on every front.

Also you keep confusing ISIS with FSA. They are not the same group and they are fighting each other. FSA is western supported. ISIS is not. Obama's recent attempt to get more aid for the FSA was so they could put more pressure on ISIS in Syria.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

India?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why does everyone I know seem to believe that ISIS is being funded by factions in the U.S?

I'm not even kidding. Even my totally non-conspiracy type friends are coming out with this stuff. And to be honest, it's blowing my mind.

I haven't really dug into this at all but you know what? I bet it's the neocon/Dick Cheney bunch. They miss the big bucks.

edit on 7/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

'The enemies hopes are bankrupt' General William Westmoreland 1968

The problem is the world doesn't always follow Langley and Pentagon modelling.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well, if that map is what they are claiming for themselves as shaded in black? The Eastern border stops at Thailand and Northern Laos. It carries west through Sri Lanka, India and Iran, unbroken across North Africa and down the West African coast right down to Cameroon.

We can't say they don't have real ambition, anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

ISIL is not on the defensive. And no I am not confusing ISIL with FSA. If you had any real insight into what is going on you would realize very quickly that just because the USA says "we are only funding the good terrorists" does not mean that ISIL is not taking everything that the USA is sending to all sides, along with the equipment the USA left behind in Iraq. It's quite obvious that factions in the American government are intentionally supplying ISIL. For Christ's sake, McCain took photos of himself shaking hands and praising his ISIL friends back in Syria.

Right now ISIL is ecstatic. They are asking Muslim's of all types of educations and backgrounds to emigrate to this Islamic State so they can "right the wrongs against Islam".

Here's a nice video with ISIL fighters commenting on their status.

In the fifteen minute clip, ISIS member Abu Saffiya toured various sites ISIS had captured, taunting the west’s inefficacy in building a sustainable Iraq. “Look how much America spends to fight jihadists, and it all ends up in our pockets,” he said, showing off American vehicles ISIS had seized. “You want to cooperate with America? Look how far it got you.” He also sneered at Iraq’s army, finding patches from uniforms abandoned by soldiers the U.S. trained. “They are nothing but cowards. They only run away.”

Toward the end of the video, another insurgent drove up in a pickup truck. “A question for Obama,” he posed to the camera. “Did you prepare enough diapers for your soldiers or not?”

Do they sound like they are scared to you?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Blind ambition. Really....who "wants" India?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

So many holes in this post I don't even know where to start. I'll just throw out a few key talking points:

-ISIS is not on the run, or on the defensive. As you yourself pointed out, they are using guerilla tactics, and are highly adaptable. They have become stronger in recent weeks, not weaker.

-Iraqi forces are no match for ISIS as they are spread too thin around the country and ill prepared to deal with ISIS. Without outside help, Baghdad will fall. Lucky for Al-maliki, Iran and Russia have stepped in to offer the ground attack planes and pilots Iraq needs to counter this threat. What political ramifications do you think there will be when one of the U.S.A's former enemies and part of the "Axis of Evil" is now helping Iraq deal with the terrorist threat the U.S helped to create in the first place?

-You are completely ignoring the situation in Syria. ISIS has a strong base of operations there, and they control large portions of the country where it borders Iraq. They are free to bounce back and forth as the battle ebbs and flows due to the chaos in Syria as well as the geopolitical complications that exist there between the U.S and Russia (and their respective agendas).

-You've glossed over the religious significance of the declaration of a Caliphate. You are trying to minimize ISIS and what it has accomplished when it is clear to everyone else that they are on the rise. They are attracting Jihadists from all over the world, have upped their propaganda with slick productions and social media, and have acquired not only American equipment, but training as well via certain members within their ranks. Vovin has done a great job here of pointing out why you are wrong.

-Nobody is confusing the FSA with ISIS. The issue is that by propping up the FSA, the U.S runs the risk of inadvertently aiding ISIS. This has already happened, where U.S forces were aiding rebels in Jordan, and training them in anti-tank and other advanced tactics, only to have some of them splinter off and join ISIS. Some of these people change allegiances more than they change their own loincloths (or whatever it is Jihadists wear for undies). They tend to join whichever force has the upper hand, and right now it is ISIS. Assad was leaving ISIS alone for some time, because they were doing such a good job of killing his opponents in the form of the FSA.

You are over simplifying things to a huge degree.
edit on 2-7-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well if there is something to bring the world together, it's a common enemy.
edit on 2-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
When the USA moves its power to Asia aiming at containing China-a peaceful country, Your real enemy grows up.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok so at least everybody seems to agree that ISIS is no longer on the offensive. You can call it what you like defensive guerilla war etc. but, it seems everyone has accepted the fact that ISIS will not be taking Baghdad. What will be interesting to watch is if and how well the Kurds, the FSA, Syria, Iran, Shia miltias, the Iraqi military, The Russion pilots flying Iraqs new planes and the US advisors and drones all manage to coordinate and work together.

The key will be in the next couple weeks how much of an advance Iraqi forces can make. If they advance quickly then any chance of a unity goverment goes out the window. However, if the advance goes slowly then Iraq would be forced to form a unity goverment. Most of the Sunnis now in ISIS territory do not support them but, they also will not rise up unless a unity goverment is created of Iraq agrees to split into 3 states. In either of those cases the Sunni will rise. Of course if you the Shia running Iraq right now you do not want that unless you have no choice.

However a third possibility has also come now with ISIS declaration of a Caliphate has made the Sunni and Iraqi officers backing them very unhappy. It seems they will resist any attempts to set up Sharia law. So it would likely that just as ISIS managed to drive away allied groups in Syria the same could happen in Iraq. You could have the Sunni and Baath party break off on their own and take on not only ISIS but, Iraqs forces as well.

The sad truth is all Iraqs government has to do is reach out and share some power and many lives would be saved.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So we're supposed to believe that a terror group is releasing its plans of conquest on Twitter of all places? I've seen some argue that it is so simple so as to work; so let's release our plans on Twitter for the world to see, giving time to reinforce at least some of the targeted countries. Just seems like more disinformation to me.

Kim Jong-Un just IM'd Obama on Facebook about this weekends sleep over.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
They are going to run short of people to fight on the radioactive glass fields just after they take Israel.

they must not have heard of the Samson option

400 hydrogen bombs will leave few to fight.

Israel knows Masada was not an example to follow it hurt the Romans not a bit.

but they would turn the ISIS into someplace that glows in the dark.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
They are going to run short of people to fight on the radioactive glass fields just after they take Israel.

they must not have heard of the Samson option

400 hydrogen bombs will leave few to fight.

Israel knows Masada was not an example to follow it hurt the Romans not a bit.

but they would turn the ISIS into someplace that glows in the dark.

en.wikipedia.org...

But where would the missiles target?

From what I've heard, the Samson Option is the launch of all missiles on all preset targets, including many other places than just in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This map is funny...untik you think about it. If in any way, as with Al Qaeda, Pakistan are linked to this group through training or funding or logistics and India thinks this map is for real....They'll wipe Pakistan off the map. Maybe its what America wants, after all Pakistans the most two timing, two faced 'ally' that the west has..it would save them the cost of invading.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
This map is funny...untik you think about it. If in any way, as with Al Qaeda, Pakistan are linked to this group through training or funding or logistics and India thinks this map is for real....They'll wipe Pakistan off the map. Maybe its what America wants, after all Pakistans the most two timing, two faced 'ally' that the west has..it would save them the cost of invading.

You've actually highlighted another key point in all of this in the form of Pakistan. With the taliban running wild there, and it's own fair share of Islamic militancy, a worse case scenario would be Pakistan falling into the hands of an organization like ISIS. Don't forget Pakistan has it's own nuclear arsenal. India wouldn't be so quick to wipe Pakistan off any map when retaliatory strikes would be guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Australia !
Why would they want to take Australia ???
now I know they are insane.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

That map is from the video game Hearts of Iron. Lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You probably mean Gaddafi, right?

And you cannot call it dumb, because then it would mean they are not doing it intentionally. Which is of course not true. They are very well aware of what their actions will cause.

As for ISIS and their crusade, we have seen it many times before, and it always ended up in the same way. I remember that the first time US and NATO got involved, they wanted to make Middle East a stable region. And it turns out they made it even more unstable. What a shock.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join