It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethnocentrism is the Evil that Causes Wars and Destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don’t know where to put this op. I guess it doesn’t matter

Ethnocentric: having or based on the idea that your own group or culture is better or more important than others

Today in the Mideast there are wars of death and destruction based on religious ethnocentrism with also behind it is racial and tribal divisions underneath the religious differences, indeed a prescription for the disasters that are happening now. As well in the Ukraine and Africa

In WWII Hitler used nationalistic ethnocentrism to fuel his violence and wars.

You had the Japanese thinking they were greater than anyone else so they went around Asia destroying and enslaving people in Korea and China.

The Italians through Mussolini tried to bring back the ancient Roman Empire so they attacked Ethiopia and later joined the mad racist Hitler in trying to rule the world based on Roman and Aryan superiority.

Before that the New World settlers in America, although running away from ethnic and religious bigotry themselves nonetheless exterminated the Native Americans and enslaved millions of Black Africans solely on their twisted idea of white and Christian superiority.

Now these Arabs in the Mideast are strangling on religious ethnocentrism as well as tribal and national separateness. Eventhough Muhammad’s last sermon spoke this, something the Arabs should hearken to today:

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action”

Today Africans of one tribe or religion are murdering each other based on the lie of ethnocentrism.

Just 20 years ago in Rwanda almost a million of one tribe of Africans was murdered by another tribe.

So we ALL have been guilty.

Amazing after all we know of history humans are still falling for this trap of ethnocentrism that it seems will lead this world into a conflagration unlike any we have had before and it will be all based on the same old ignorance of ethnocentric bigotry

It’s a lie, it's a a God-dammed lie that any race or religion is any better than any other

When for God’s sake are we as a race going to grow up? When will this madness ever stop?

When will we cease killing each other over what we believe or what color we are?

When in the world will human beings learn that we are all one race...the human race.

edit on 27-6-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't say it's the just the belief that yours is better so much as the willingness to attempt to either impose that on others who feel differently or kill them if they are different.

That's where it comes from. The act is the evil.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Or it's a biological urge based on the well proven evolutionary concept of kin preference.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When in the world will human beings learn that we are all one race...the human race.

Your compassion for the species of MAN is appreciated. In response to your question maybe when "WE" realize were ALL* part of the WHOLE comparable to all parts of the yin yan... Sadly this Ethnocentrism may be a universal/dimensional issue as well including others none human. Seriously a recipe for destruction as it justifies unbalanced behaviors in many CREATOR Creations...

Intelligent thread

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
edit on 6/27/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now what happens if another none EA*RTH based species sees this behavior demonstrated here and witnessed it out in the cosmos already? And they came to help?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Humans may never transcend the biological something in us that makes us cling to our own kind, which is of course an illusion, since all humans are of the same family.

Ethnocentrism doesn’t have to lead to negative things like war and oppression but they do, since there is something in some human beings that overrides the transcendent awareness that makes us not do the evils associated with actions like a Hitler, or a Boko Haram, or ISIS.

Maybe it’s as simple a something as sadism and or selfishness that overrides the intelligence of compassion and empathy
Amazing Muhammad warned the hard headed mob about this but still they are today at the vanguard of this ignorance and folly

Maybe we need a dictatorship of the human race in the Illuminati mode or something else?

It may be that that is inevitable

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I don't think it is "evil" to be ethnocentric. I don't really care what other people do, but I want the freedom to opt out of your world order or homogenous society. It's frustrating that I have to be so accepting of everyone else's beliefs and culture, but there is no where left for me to just live my life.

Do whatever, but leave me someplace I can just live free from you. All I want is my own freedom away from your government's, hip hop culture and World Cups.

Leave me alone for FFS.

Please and thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

We would try to shoot them out of the sky because they didn't look like us

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It’s not evil until one uses the principle to oppress or abuse others using it as an excuse.
Hitler, the early Americans and ISIL types.

African slaves, Native Americans, Jews also wanted to be left alone
Not just you
The problem is so much bigger than your desire.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ethnocentrism is not the evil that causes wars and destruction. It is merely an effect, or consequence, of the evil that causes war and destruction.

"What is the source of wars and fights among you? Don’t they come from the cravings that are at war within you? You desire and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war."

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Except anytime you have a dictatorship attempting to impose the Utopia you describe, there will be those who will not bend. What happens? Those who will not bend, for whatever reason, are often forcibly broken which then puts the lie to the Utpoia in the first place. The myth of the "greater good" is just that - a myth. There is no greater good, at least not one that someone else is forcing you to be sacrificed for.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Metallicus

It’s not evil until one uses the principle to oppress or abuse others using it as an excuse.
Hitler, the early Americans and ISIL types.

African slaves, Native Americans, Jews also wanted to be left alone
Not just you
The problem is so much bigger than your desire.

Ironic you say just after you got done saying we needed global dictatorship.

What do you think a dictatorship does?

It certainly doesn't leave people alone.

join