It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle East...Is it time to Let it Burn ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

No seriously, he is of African descent. The idea that he might in any way shape or form be Arab is ridiculous.

I think you are confusing the race Arab, with the religion of Islam.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

And that will never happen.

Look.....I am a savage...I like war as it is necessary sometimes. A good dust-up is needed from time to time.
But....I don't like nor want to attack the weak or helpless.

And I don't care if we invaded for oil. SO long as that is what is stated when we go in.

The US Govt, along with other countries went it. We all went from waging war, to nation building.

The nation building is the part that is the issue. It is not fruitful the way it is being done and will only continue to siphon money from all involved.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Haha, you let the M.E. burn. . . Americans can kiss their beloved Saudi oil 'GOODBYE'!

$h*t starts to collapse.

You really REALLY sure you're ready to give up your luxurious lifestyle?
edit on 30-6-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

u know,, that does look to be about 1 third,,

curious.

"A third of the earth was burned up,
a third of the trees were burned up,
and all the green grass was burned up."

most likely nuclear blast,,,doing all the burning.
edit on 6/30/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Kerry, Saudi King discuss oil supply, U.S. official says

During the talks, Kerry referred to recent comments by a Saudi oil official that the world's largest oil producer would increase supplies should crises in Iraq or Syria disrupt supplies, the official said.

Saudi Arabia was Kerry's last stop in a week-long tour of capitals in Europe and the Middle East, which included a visit to Baghdad, to address the crisis that threatens to tear apart Iraq. The United States wants the Saudi Arabia to use its influence among fellow Sunnis in Iraq to press them to join the new government.

. . . And there it is! ISIS backed by Saudi who just so happened to take over an 'oil field' in Iraq - wants the same Sunnis to PRESS into joining the NEW Iraqi govt.

Can't be any clearer than that.

However, in 2-3yrs time I'm confident that things will NOT go according to western plans. Especially w/ Iran, Russia, Syria & Iraqi govts chipping in to aid Iraq.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and state that I firmly believe that Iran will be eyeballing an airstrike on Saudi's oil refineries IF things get waaaaaay out of hand. That will be THE nail in the coffin of U.S. & it's wars abroad.

. . . Oh, wait until China starts warming up in the Pac. (eyes have been shifting from that region) How many balls can U.S./Nato/EU juggle in the air until a 'mistake' is made??

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

"China starts warming up in the Pac,,,u forgot those Oil refineries are Chinese Oil Contracted Oil refineries,,,,remember, they were top bidder,, re: most American Bonds,,,

u know if China wanted to secure those area's with Russian support at the Security Coin-cil,, cant blame them,,and there niether Sunni nor Shiiite,,

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It cracks me up how the "pro' ME trolls seem to think the US needs their oil. The US is simply consuming your natural resources. Once they are gone, and you have nothing left to offer, you will end up like every other tossed aside prostitute the World has used for it's pleasure.

Nothing happens by chance, and World powers aren't playing checkers here, more like master level chess.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
For those only interested in playing the blame game....... I don't think anyone regrets ever having opened this can of worms more than the United States. So many regrets. Even now, trying desperately to NOT get involved. "No boots on the Ground". Trying to stay out of it.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility . Since when is it George's Bush's fault, or Barack Obama's fault, because some guy makes a decision to get on the back of a truck with a machine gun, and mow down anybody he can see? Who's brain calculated this would be a prudent thing to do? HIS. And his alone. We must all take responsibility for our own actions.

If anybody is still naïve enough to believe the United States is responsible for what's happening over there now, then ... you poor ole things. Is just ain't so.

I cannot understand the mothers and the fathers, and the mosques still recognizing these folks. Why won't a mother and father say "if you are involved in these mass murders, then you are not welcome in my house. Your feet cannot be under my table, or your head on my pillow. If you come to my door, I will have you arrested."

And the mosque's will not say "you cannot worship with us. You cannot pray with us. You are disowned from our community, if you come to our mosque, we will have you arrested".

Completely turn their backs on them. It's hard to believe it hasn't happened. Is it coming in the back-door with approval, or fear that keeps them from it? Would a parent fear her own son?
edit on 6/30/2014 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

they will grow and consume everything they can till there is nothing left or somebody/thing stops them

How are they going to grow? They don't have the logistics, equipment or training to perform long ranging campaigns. They might attack other Arab countries, but they won't be able to operate out of their region.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well stop bombing them. Remove your drones and military bases.

That's the worst national defense strategy I've ever heard. You're naive if you think removing our military from the middle east is going to make us less vulnerable to attack on American soil.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

That's bull, people say that in this country ALL the time and get away with it.

Just because they get away with murder threats doesn't mean its legal.

my point is that is not our job to tell the middle east what to do.

When they are threatening us and following through with their threats, it's our job to eliminate the threat.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Yeah protect ourselves is one thing, permanent occupation is another.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yeah protect ourselves is one thing, permanent occupation is another.

How would you ensure that those that want to destroy us don't get the opportunity? What would you national security plan be?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Scorched Earth.

No need to nation build, occupy or win hearts and minds.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
No need to nation build, occupy or win hearts and minds.

If we just went in there and messed them up and did nothing else, that would only buy us time. It takes more than that to permanently eliminate the threat.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Isolation, let it be known that no US soldier will set foot on their soil again. But each attack will result in a sacred monument to Islam being destroyed.

1 st attack = dome of the rock levelled.

2 nd attack = kaaba turned into a crater.

3 rd attack = there wouldn't be a third.

all done by cruise missile.

I would make it quite clear that the US and it's allies would not take another attack under the name of Islam again.

In this way Muslims would self police.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Yeeah because if you leveled the dome of the rock the Muslims wouldn't do anything

There would be suicide bombers blowing themselves up across the US every minute until the end of times.

You didn't seem to think that one through.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thus the "Scorched Earth" statement.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I think i did think it through.

Did I say anything about it being pretty?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

a reply to: sosobad

I think i did think it through.

Did I say anything about it being pretty?

No but it is certainly a very stupid idea, all your solution would do is cause more and more and more attacks on the US, how is that gonna help? Thought you wanted them stopped not escalated?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join