It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle East...Is it time to Let it Burn ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The war was started by the US under false pretenses. 1 million Iraqi men women and children dead moslty civilians for US democracy. One political vacuum caused by the occupation and one # storm coming. How about the US spending as much money on peace in Iraq as it was willing to spend on war.. It is the very least owed to this country after the chaos caused under the US flag.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

The war was started by the US under false pretenses. 1 million Iraqi men women and children dead moslty civilians for US democracy. One political vacuum caused by the occupation and one # storm coming. How about the US spending as much money on peace in Iraq as it was willing to spend on war.. It is the very least owed to this country after the chaos caused under the US flag.

To this very day, it seems the only reason we invaded Iraq.

Was to hang Saddam like a common horse thief.

If I thought we could possibly do anything positive in Iraq. I would want to do it.

We can't...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Listen, stop with the Mark Levin crap. the president isn't an Arab. Holy hell, he was born in hawaii, and is of African descent.

I mean how bigoted can one get?

LMAO!! You have got to be blind or a paid Obama stooge. He goes out of his way to support Arab terrorist. He openly supports the Muslim Brotherhood over our long time Allies. The Muslim Brotherhood is the largest and oldest terrorist group in the world. It was started by Hitler to unite the Arabs against the Allies. Obama is playing Hitler in the mid-east!!! He is a Jackal and for you to believe his Photoshop birth certificate when it was proved a fake the first ten minutes it was put out there for the world to see is ignorant.

When you see a person on facebook loose almost all of their 800 long time friends on facebook just cause they were a campaign manager for Obama, guess that means that person wasn't aiding a traitor and doing the correct thing right? Your a minority, trust me. Wake up and smell the truth!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Why bother? The people over there do not want peace and love to fight so let them. Americans need our money spent at home. Its not our fault they are to ignorant not to fight over dumb crap. Its all Iran's fault anyway. They forced their guy into office and he has been having his death squads out every night killing the Sunnis, now they are gonna try and take the capital back to stop it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The US really should just let the ME do as they have done since time recorded. Kill each other.

We have enough problems here at home that need attention.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeking

I don't agree with Buster on much, but he is just posting facts about Israel. They've demonized themselves by their own actions, and I believe them to be the root cause of most problems in the middle east. Israel is the biggest spying/terrorist country in the middle east and you don't have to be a "muslim" to see it. They've even threatened their nuclear weapons on the world if they see they are going to lose. They want Israel to be the epi-center, and to accomplish that, they need to destabilize all muslim countries and splitting Iraq into three parts has always been part of that plan. Many Israeli politicians have written about it and talked about it openly. Iran and Iraq's other allies should never allow that to happen. Iran should take the lead in helping Iraq.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Should we just let it all Burn ?

Wrong question.

The question should not be: 'should we let it burn?' but rather 'what business is it of ours to meddle in other countries internal affairs?'

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

No bother spending money on bombing them though... This problem was caused by US Foreign Policy. The US should dang well sort it out to..

I will give you a million reasons to bother.. How about the million that died because of the occupation. Is that reason enough. Or are you only happy to attack a country when you are going to make a # load of money out of it...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Chiftel

The question should not be: 'should we let it burn?' but rather 'what business is it of ours to meddle in other countries internal affairs?'

It is a fair point you make. However considering this mess has been causes by the fact that meddling has already taken place. Do you not think you have some kind of duty to put it right...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

The US really should just let the ME do as they have done since time recorded. Kill each other.

Incorrect. It is the US that has been in an almost perpetual state of war since its formation. The amount of death in Iraq increased exponentially with the US occupation. The US caused the problem it should do something about sorting it out...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

So, the US caused these same people to be at war with one another, on a tribal level around the 1500s?

No no no no no.

They have been fighting and killing each other for a very long time now. Ask anyone that is either from the ME or has been there.

Tribes/clans/groups/families there have been fighting well before the US came along.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Let it burn?

Like we can stop it...

At some point in the future, something is going to trigger the bloodbath. Won't matter who it is that starts it. 'cause in the end, there won't be anyone left to worry about it. Or if there are? They'll have much more important things on their minds. Like surviving long enough to feed their kids, or themselves. Finding water to drink.

But I suspect, in my darker, more mordant moments, I fear that peace will break out. But it'll be the silence of the grave. But grave yards are peaceful, aren't they?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Well. America's war in the middle east isn't going to be over until Muslims stop saying, "Death to America". So you might as well get used to it.

Well stop bombing them. Remove your drones and military bases. Stop toppling leaders and messing in other peoples affairs.

The US is reaping what it sowed in Iran years ago.. Way to go toppling a democracy! Real good job in Iraq too far more people died under the US occupation than under Saddam. Good job in Libya.. Toppling one of Africas most loved leaders. Fine job in Afghanistan funding the Tali ban and sewing hate and havock upon a nation.. I could go on but I am sure you get the point..

kind regards

purp...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sorry we are not talking about the 1500s that irrelevant to what we are dealing with here. we are talking about a country that in a state of shock after being invaded and occupied by the US military. We are talking about over a million civilians dead in the name of US Freedom.
What we see here is a power vacuum caused which is a direct result of the US invasion. Bomb country. Secure oil feilds. Install puppet government and leave.

You may or may not wish to do anything about it. But there is no denying that the present problems and the past have been done under the US flag and that the flag is now heavy with blood. The world is watching and you are making a fine mess...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yes, yes we are. We are talking about the ME and if we should let it burn.....

We should have left them to their own crap a long time ago. We should have left them 20 years, even 40 years ago.
We should leave them now and should allow them to continue to kill each other tomorrow as well.

The US, and MANY other countries have interjected far too long into the ME's crap and nonsense, not just the US.

We need to leave, and let them fight it out on their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I think its a bit late for that thinking the world is getting smaller and evidently the middle east will come to you. Karma is a bitch and sooner or later you are going to have to pay the boat man...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I agree that we have meddled. But....it wasn't just the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I agree that we have meddled. But....it wasn't just the US.

Cut the chase the last two full scale wars in the midde east where started by the US. With peannut contributions of allied forces to make it look like an international effort. Both were started under false pretenses and left a lot of people dead. As a nation you should responsibility for your actions. Out of respect for all those that died both US military and otherwise your political leaders should be held to account for there actions. Further unless the same thing is to happen again lessons need to be taken from mistakes made.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

10% or 90%, doesn't matter.

All involved are responsible.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes I agree. But the instigator of war should be trying to instigate peace...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join