It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mexican military chopper crosses the border, shoots at agents"---News Tuscon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

ok
prove to me the problem had not been resolved before an order to intercept could be made
then we will talk (because that seems to be the most likely scenario here.... had communication not occurred it would have at least been investigated)

you see it does matter if its 30seconds or thirty minutes
if it was 30 minutes yes.... i would expect a response.... 30seconds to a few minutes before the issue is resolved..... i wouldnt expect a response unless we had some kind of bat# insane policy to shoot down anything that hits the borderline without knowing what the hell it was why it was there or giving even a miniscule amount of time for attempts at communication

this isnt even news let alone anything to be seriously worried about
edit on 29-6-2014 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

So the long and short of your stance is you think there is a stand down order and that is why there was no response?
Have you worked in NORAD before? Do you know if they get false hits or if they wait an x amount of time before they send interception? I will agree that they could have been tracking it, and I bet this is not the first mexican bird to go over. Is it crazy to think that norad knows this and waits a x amount of time to see what happens?
I would also assume they would contact the BP to get more accurate and on scene info that they don't have.
And to keep the conversation in context, this convo would be rather short.
They probably would def keep an extra eye on that area for a while, but to go to a stand down order based a lack of response?
You are stretching IMO, far.
edit on thSun, 29 Jun 2014 22:22:33 -0500America/Chicago620143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Maybe I am stretching. Who knows? When I think of all the activity on the border from drug trafficking, human trafficking, illegal crossing, etc that goes unchecked because of an unsecured border and border agents who's hands are pretty much tied in what they can and cannot do; Is it that much of a stretch to think that the military has a stand down order not to interfere?

No I've never worked for NORAD and I've never been an air traffic controller or military pilot. So I cannot say how many, or even if there are, false flags or false radar blips. But at the same time, there seems to be a real lack of knowledge on NORAD's capabilities and the capabilities of modern military radar in this thread. It's highly unlikely that the helicopter threw up a 'false hit'.
edit on 6/30/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This is true. But, it is my understanding that in all of DoD, there is one CBRNE unit officially deployed and active in CONUS.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join