It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mexican military chopper crosses the border, shoots at agents"---News Tuscon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
To take a shot at someone, requires them to visually identify their targets, line up the shot, and squeeze the trigger. which would require a lot of looking, and thinking how to hit the person. It sounds like their was No visual ID, or thinking on the part of the Mexicans.

It could have been a MIS-identification. We could have an unspoken agreement with Mexico that if they see cartel drug runners entering US terriroty, its OK to shoot at them. JM2¢

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

It is my understanding that there is only one military unit officially deployed to operate in the United States. And it's a CBRNE defense unit, in case a WMD goes off... those boots are on the ground.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

U.S. Northern Command is a combat command and it has it's allotment of troops for use, if called upon. It's whole mission is Homeland. It's an area where things like Posse Comitatus isn't what it used to be for the tweaks and minor changes over the last decade or so....which just built on much earlier chinks in that armor of separation.

U.S. Army North
U.S. Army North (ARNORTH) is the Army component of U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), the combatant command established Oct. 1, 2002 to provide command and control of Department of Defense (DOD) homeland defense efforts and to coordinate defense support of civil authorities. Located at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, ARNORTH’s mission is to conduct homeland defense, civil support operations and theater security cooperation activities. On order, U.S. Army North commands and controls deployed forces as a Joint Task Force or Joint Force Land Component Command.
Joint Task Force North
Joint Task Force North (JTF North), based at Biggs Army Airfield, Fort Bliss, Texas, is the Department of Defense (DOD) organization tasked to support our nation’s federal law enforcement agencies in the interdiction of suspected transnational threats within and along the approaches to the continental United States. Transnational threats are those activities conducted by individuals or groups that involve international terrorism, narco-trafficking, alien smuggling, weapons of mass destruction, and the delivery systems for such weapons that threaten the national security of the United States.
Joint Task Force Civil Support
Joint Task Force Civil Support (JTF-CS), headquartered at Fort Eustis, Va., began operations Oct. 1, 1999. Originally formed as a standing joint task force under U.S. Joint Forces Command, JTF-CS was transferred to U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) when USNORTHCOM was established Oct. 1, 2002. USNORTHCOM is the combatant command established to provide command and control of Department of Defense (DOD) homeland defense efforts and to coordinate defense support of civil authorities.
(See link above)

This isn't our Grandparents America anymore ..or even the one I recall growing up in. The tools to apply to the current problem are certainly there if called upon though.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Even with the corruption of the Mexican military.

The US border will never be militarized.

That would inflame the base of a certain political group who just wants their votes.

Doesn't matter to them one damn bit who gets killed.

Should the border be secured ?

Yes!.

Should border agents be shot at.

NO!.

Illegals vote? Thats a new one on me.

I think its more likely that they won't militarize the border, because that will stop the pipeline of cheap labor flowing into the country that the ruling class needs to keep deconstructing the middle class and turn the country into a feudal oligarchy. Thats pretty much what exists in Mexico now, and the people coming here are conditioned to a social order of a ruling class and the rabble. Thats what they want here. TPTB seems to float the idea that stopping illegal immigration is too complicated an idea to contemplate. The truth is, its very simple. Secure our border with the military and drones, and put anyone who hires them in prison for a LONG time. It would stop in a few weeks. The truth is they don't want to stop it, on the contrary, they want to increase it. Until every American that remembers better days and something like democracy, is bred out of existence. It is social engineering.

edit on 28-6-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

Someone needs to take over D.C., toss them all in jail so we can save this country. I know most of the world would appreciate it.

All we need is one division of Army or Marines to be led by one former General and they will do what needs to be done.

Anything short of this and nothing will change. When the rest of the people see a real General leading this many pissed off servicemen and women they will know its time for REAL CHANGE!! The rest will follow.

The whole problem why this has not been done already is that eyes and ears are everywhere. Cut off any comms out of D.C. and let the good times roll.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

You mean the Presidents men? They are the ones running the show down there. Former military, cia and others who are directly controlled and answer only to the Pres. The operate out of the air field in Medina Arkansas.

Take out these clowns and watch how fast Obama is taken out.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Better to have boots on the ground IN America protecting our own borders, rather than 20 other countries. Our borders should be our #1 priority, don't you think?

Lol I'd like to believe that but I say not a chance.
Our government will first use our finances and military in countries that are in a 2000 year war rather than worry about the real safety of the american people or its boarders...kind of a big joke.
besides, obama and the history of the administration have close ties with mexico,. its more like stepsons throwing sand at each other
edit on 28-6-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When I first heard this story, this is not one that sets well with me or a lot of the people of the country.

This was not a simple mistake, nor was it something that we should take lightly or even accept an apology for.

The facts are that a military helicopter flew over the border, while inside of the jurisdiction of the USA, fired a weapon. When they flew back, the government of Mexico, informed the US State Department and apologized for the incident. This happened between the hours of midnight and 6 am.

That is what we know however, the following can be stated: The mistake was flying over, the firing of the weapon was something else. They were not just merely trying to find someone but eliminate them. And it seems as though the Mexican military and federal police, are growing bolder and bolder every time they do such. According to the DHS there have been at least in the past 10 years, multiple incidents like this one, where armed military members from Mexico have crossed the border.

While crossing the border in the middle of the night can be construed as a mistake, the firing puts it in another category. And the question is how long till someone fires back? What would have happened if someone fired say a flare right at the helicopter as it was in the US airspace? Or a weapon, or done something to make the pilot and others retaliate? And why was there no one from the US side of the border paying attention as to what all was going on in the sky that night?

After all if the US, has the technology and is paying attention, according to all sources, to all air travel and what all is going on in the USA, why was the military not involved or gearing up to investigate such an incursion, including talking and getting local authorities from the areas to get aircraft into the air to follow and find out what all is going on?

Now some would state that it is a bad idea to get the US military involved in law enforcement, however the precedent for such has already been set. This started in the 1920’s with Prohibition, and then it was continued and increased in 1973, with ships patrolling and intercepting ships carrying drugs from South and Latin America via water ways. If they are going to do it, then either expand their mandate to include all of the borders of the USA, and the land and rivers or use the National guard to go down to the borders and simply conduct exercises in the terrain and through the area, to act as a deterrence, and to stop the flow of immigrants coming into the country illegally.

The saddest part of this all, is that until Congress and the office of the President get off their butts and do something, that this problem will never be fully resolved. And it continues to get bigger and bigger. The cartels are already in the USA and will often make spotting runs and probes to find out where it is easiest to get in and out of the country. And for ever action that the US takes, the cartels seem to be 2 steps ahead. The US federal government and agencies are more reactionary than taking steps to prevent such. Time to stop the dickering around and to take steps necessary to protect the country and maybe start being good neighbors. This will have to mean that the US needs to stop looking at Mexico as a source of cheap labor, and for those who would come here to stop looking at the US as an ATM machine.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

Not panicking, not sure how you got that (from me, at least). I posted this for information gathering, check the OP out again. Mostly was unsure if this sort of fly-over was common, and that question has been answered along with many others.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It was 100 yards over the border.... The US didn't get the military geared up because this is a non issue.
We made the cartels, so of course we are not going to go over there and over throw them, they are partners in business.
We want the drug trade controlled so we control those that control it.
You militarize those borders and you will see the cartel push back with equal or more force. That is how they work and the US know it cause they trained them to act that way.
Militarized borders are a pipe dream

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: Wookiep

Better to have boots on the ground IN America protecting our own borders, rather than 20 other countries. Our borders should be our #1 priority, don't you think?
I dont think militarizing our streets is the answer at all, no.

Protect our borders? We're hardly under attack.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but how aren't our borders under attack? We have people invading daily, taking our money that we have given the government to help Americans, etc. An economic "attack" is no different that a military attack, just as a tech cyber attack is no different. They are all attacks upon the USA.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

You are twisting words and ideas in order to make it more sinister than was intended.
No, I am not. I am voicing my concerns with the idea. Im sorry if that offends you.

You don't need military in order to protect the boarder better. Using better weapons and armored vehicles would be a start, and wouldn't require any military what so ever.
So you'd like to turn border patrol into a para-military operation? I find this even more scary than actual military doing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

It is my understanding that there is only one military unit officially deployed to operate in the United States. And it's a CBRNE defense unit, in case a WMD goes off... those boots are on the ground.
That's what I thought as well, which is a large part of my point.

Active military deployment within our border, to me, is a VERY scary thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, but how aren't our borders under attack? We have people invading daily, taking our money that we have given the government to help Americans, etc. An economic "attack" is no different that a military attack, just as a tech cyber attack is no different. They are all attacks upon the USA.
I guess what I should have said is we arent under attack by mexico. We are funding ANYTHING that could be remotely called an "attack" on our southern borders.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: Fylgje
It sounds like Mexico needs some freedom. When they start doing things like this then it's time to line our borders with the military and stop it. The US should retaliate immediately. This is an act of aggression and an act of war.

Act of war? Far from an act of war when no one was hurt or killed.
I do love that you started you post with Mexico needs some freedom, we all know that is US going to war 101 right there.

It was a terrorist attack committed by Mexico on US soil. Retaliation with drones should have already happened, not to mention an invasion of Mexico. I bet those coward cartels are much easier than the people the US gov kill in the middle-east.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ummm...actually...wouldn't it be an absolutely splendid little idea....that..."The Department Of Homeland Security"...secure the homeland...I mean including the borders too........I mean. Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of these standing down federal agencies that are tasked with..."homeland security"...would stand up...I mean...follow the law.........???.........Even?

Right...no need for that "militarization" in the streets..........cause that's already ancient history...or did we somehow miss that part...? Hrmmm. " A break he asks for"..."A fracture...receives"..........Hrmmm

YouSir

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

It was a terrorist attack committed by Mexico on US soil.

You are joking right? You really think this was a terrorist attack???
Do you understand what a terrorist attack even is?
Usually don't get apologies for terrorist attacks. Kinda defeats the purpose.

I really hope you never,ever bad mouthed obama for his use of drones cause it sounds like would be ever faster to the go ahead. No one hurt? Screw it, drone strikes!!!! Lets get some innocent people killed for no reason at all.

You are looking for a "final solution" it seems to his problem it seems, and sadly you are probably not alone in that line of thought.

Terrorist attack????????? Seriously!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why can't we just annex Mexico already?

Or did we already do that?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

.it could also be all the fat cats who make money hand over fist running things through that country

There is no could there .

That is the way it is.

There is one thing more valuable than money is the country, the vote.

That keeps them in power.

How unbelievably naive to think a vote is more valuable than cold-hard-cash. Votes are bought and sold, the only thing missing is a designated marketplace and some D-list celebrity to ring the bell.

Votes are a commodity that have a demonstrable market value.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Why can't we just annex Mexico already?

Or did we already do that?

Whoa...I think you are being funny, but who the hell wants to adopt those problems? Yikes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join