It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Mexican military chopper crosses the border, shoots at agents"---News Tuscon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927
It may have been one of the cartels paid the mexian military to cause a distraction so the cartel can bring something across the border 20 or 30 miles from the area of weapon fire.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Unless you are talking about simply stationing military along the border

Yes, that is what I am talking about. We have hundreds of military bases inside our country, so I'm not sure what you mean by not wanting "military inside of the borders of this country". What's the problem with stationing them near the borders? You're average American wouldn't even know they were there, and I'm sure the residents of border towns would be happy to have them around.

As is their right. But they are wrong. Plenty of places in the world are under attack. Our southern border isnt one of them.

I think you're downplaying the situation quite a bit. That's you're opinion though and I won't attempt to change it because I'm 99.999% sure it would be a waste of time.
there are many military bases in the u.s. How many are on active duty/missions?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
the same people who want to protect the corporations that are paying them to be here.....

Good point ... at the same time huge fines and penalties must be applied to those who enable illegals here ... who hire them under the table and who pay them off the grid. The workers don't get paid what they should and the companies make a huge profit off them. Force the companies to hire Americans. This will help with our unemployment numbers as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
See this is why border patrol needs to be militarized. I bet they would a thought twice about firing on a US military vehicle. Especially when they have some javelins they can retaliate with.

Yes that would be awesome.

Why not let the border patrol agents do what they are suppose to do instead of turning them into hospitality agents.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

ts funny, too, though, that those that are so up in arms about this so-called "foreign invasion" are the same people who want to protect the corporations that are paying them to be here.....

No what is funny is that those aren't 'evil rich' people coming here.

That is poor people coming here that end up on the welfare lines, and every other social engineering program this country has to 'offer'.
its interesting how the argument has evolved over the years. First it was "theyre taking our jobs!" Now its "they dont work, they just want welfare!"
Whatever it takes to keep the blame on those in poverty, and not those enticing them to come over, huh?
edit on 27-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: irgust
a reply to: kismetpair927
It may have been one of the cartels paid the mexian military to cause a distraction so the cartel can bring something across the border 20 or 30 miles from the area of weapon fire.

I been saving this:

Gun s for VOTES !

That is what Fast and Furious was all about.

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

the same people who want to protect the corporations that are paying them to be here.....

Good point ... at the same time huge fines and penalties must be applied to those who enable illegals here ... who hire them under the table and who pay them off the grid. The workers don't get paid what they should and the companies make a huge profit off them. Force the companies to hire Americans. This will help with our unemployment numbers as well.

this this and more this. Ive been saying it for years: go after the companies using them as slave labor, there will no longer be any reason to "hire" them. The only reason they are hired is so companies can skim money.

link   
What makes them think this isn't a US chopper dressed up to look like a Mexican one? They have obviously been up to something, with ordering the border guards to stand down.

They are looking to create some kind of action, reaction situation. I don't trust it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Well, I'm surrounded by 4 military bases. I'm pretty sure NORAD is always in some sort of "active" state, but I'll tell you what, if drug cartels and illegals ever became a big problem here, I would very much appreciate their (the military) presence.

link   

there are many military bases in the u.s. How many are on active duty/missions?

We can bring the troops home and have them do their training in the desert crossings. Same with the National Guard who have to do their one week a year 'in the field'. It makes sense and it would cost a whole lot less then having our troops overseas doing things they really shouldn't be doing. Makes sense. Don't ya' think?

Side note - I don't know if you did any time in the military or not so I don't know if you know this .... at many Army bases in the USA (like Fort Hood Texas) .... everyone had to go out to the field at least one week every three months or so. And the armored and grunts had to be out there constantly. So why not make the desert crossing areas military training grounds? They'd be patrolled by the military who are trained and who are paid to be on duty anyways.

link   

ts funny how the argument has evolved over the years. First it was "theytheyre taking our jobs!" Now its "they dont work, they just want welfare!" Whatever it takes to keep the blame on those in poverty, and not those enticing them to come over, huh?

So what about the millions of Ameircans who live in poverty without a pot to snip in ?

What they don't rate ?

Been paying attention?

We can't even take care of our own.

So how the hell can 'we take care' of anyone else?

Simple fact ?

THERE AINT ENOUGH TO GO AROUND NOW!.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Agreed, that would not be a good thing.
What I do believe would be a good thing is something like the israeli iron dome.
Fully automated sam sites every so far on the border.
No apologies needed. You cross the line, you burn!
This would also curb cartel operations...Hmm based on this thought alone, this system will never be built...
So many reasonable inexpensive things we could do to control bad things from happening and we don't, that is what we should be looking at IMHO.
WHY?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Im really not sure what youre trying to get at here. I have been saying for a long time that the issues at home need to come first. Im guessing youre projecting an opinion on me that I dont hold.

For the record, though, there is plenty to go around. But it would require the top 5% to stop holding people down.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Agreed, that would not be a good thing.
What I do believe would be a good thing is something like the israeli iron dome.
Fully automated sam sites every so far on the border.
No apologies needed. You cross the line, you burn!
This would also curb cartel operations...Hmm based on this thought alone, this system will never be built...
So many reasonable inexpensive things we could do to control bad things from happening and we don't, that is what we should be looking at IMHO.
WHY?

great postn

Like I said earlier, the why is about money. Far too much money flowing through that country to certain groups in this one for them to EVER allow it to be cut off.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thats actually one of the best ideas ive ever heard for border patrol.

I have grave concerns, though, about bringing any more active military onto oyr streets.

link   

I have been saying for a long time that the issues at home need to come first.

I'd guess that 99% of Americans on ATS would agree with that statement.

link   

Like I said earlier, the why is about money.

Yeah it is about money.

Who wants it.

Who has it.

And where to send it.

Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Like I said earlier, the why is about money.

Yeah it is about money.

Who wants it.

Who has it.

And where to send it.

Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home
you forgot one: who is making the lions share of it off of this situation?

link   

That's the good thing about this simple idea ... the desert crossings aren't the streets of America. They are just the desert crossings. The military would have to build some barracks and other type buildings for the troops to come through. But when the troops are in the field there aren't a whole lotta' buildings. It's mostly training mode.

The military is getting paid anyways and they have to train anyways.
So bring 'em home and put 'em on our borders ... in the desert crossings.

Anyways .. makes sense to me.

link   

you forgot one: who is making the lions share of it off of this situation?

That would be the left.

Votes and Campaign cash.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join