It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Happy With Karma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
the problem was limited to a few members, and could be rectified if we give the ownership and administrative staff a chance on it!

It's been months and months .. heck it could be a year by now. It's been a long time. I don't see it getting fixed any time soon ... if ever. I favor dumping stars because I think it leads to group think. But the management disagrees with me on it ....

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

dumping stars would probably be the best way to go but then all you would be left with is flags and applauses because WATS and Karma would brake with out stars.

but that might not be a bad thing....

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Does anyone pay attention to WATS and Karma? Does anyone know the formula that decides it? I dont think people pay attention to those numbers under the avatars. Maybe they pay attention to post count. Maybe they check a persons profile to see how much applause they have. But honestly, I'm not seeing interest in the other numbers at all ... (maybe I'm missing something).

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Totally agree, I do not care about WATS or Karma, I probably care most about applause because it is usually a good indicator of a good member.

To be fair they have used WATS to restrict a members access to certain forums such as saying you must have a WATS of 10 to post in the 9/11 forum for example.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well, I am afraid I have to disagree on the premise of the flag and star system being a popularity contest. The amount of stars my posts get, and the number of flags my threads get, are not a measure of my popularity as a member, but are measures of the quality of those threads and posts, and how much other members valued those contributions.

If I felt for one moment, that my contributions were being given stars and flags that were unwarranted, I would be up in arms, and I would be asking questions like "what moron starred this trash?"

edit on 27-6-2014 by TrueBrit because: Incorrect reply tag.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

the sun is absolutely on the other side of the earth right now.

if i drop this ten pound brick on my foot it will absolutely be moved by gravity and it will hurt.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

That's brilliant.

What the hell does that have to do with this thread? Just curious.

Also, accuracy is important.

I mean, sure, a ten pound brick to the foot will hurt, but I very much doubt that at the time of posting your post, the sun was actually absolutely on the other side of the planet. It was probably at least a few degrees off the absolute other side of the planet to you. In fact, depending on your position, you may never have been the direct opposite side of the planet, to the sun.

You might have been in the night side, but that is a different and altogether less precise claim to make

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Funny!
Read and get info, contribute and enlighten people.
Plain and simple.
Looking for stars and flags and karma = looking for acknowledgement and attention.

The feed me I will feed you mentality.
Been down that road.
LOL!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
The amount of stars my posts get, and the number of flags my threads get, are not a measure of my popularity as a member, but are measures of the quality of those threads and posts, and how much other members valued those contributions.

I personally give you stars because I find your little gif highly amusing.

Woops >.< I broke your system.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Damnit!

Now I have to glue it all back together.
Stupid perpetual drinking gif image! Getting me in to hot water again !

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I don't know, but this thread already had a heart in it when I looked at it... ^_^

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I think karma is based on stars so that's messed up too. As far as I know, the only numbers under the avatar that are accurate are flags and post count.

Accurate? What about your avatar? Newbies must really be put off by stuff like that.

Ooh look, special people with millions of stars…

They must be gods here.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I think karma is based on stars so that's messed up too. As far as I know, the only numbers under the avatar that are accurate are flags and post count.

Accurate? What about your avatar? Newbies must really be put off by stuff like that.

They must be gods here.

They are gods here. Or goddesses, depending on the luck of the genetic draw.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: intrptr

They must be gods here.

They are gods here. Or goddesses, depending on the luck of the genetic draw.

Only Human. Its a glitch in the software. Staff mentions that somewhere…

Link removed, search results not linked on ATS search engine?
edit on 28-6-2014 by intrptr because: removed link

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Personally i pay little attention to all those things, some forums give more than others, it really seems to depend on the mods in any given forum and the endless" s and f for you" posts with nothing else to say are also pointless.

There is no need for any of these popularity contest things. Just reminds me of all those pointless 'talent' shows where the makers decide who they want to win and then show you footage of them and others to either portray them as 'good' or 'bad'.

You can usually tell pretty quickly whether someone is talking rubbish or not.

Some members almost seem to have a religious following, where they are congratulated on any post they make by their minions - "Deny ignorance" lmao usually repeating the same tired old argument with the same people over and over again.

Rant over have a good day

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join