It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 974 generations before the Creation of Adam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Textit seems like anything more to do with the pre-adamic civilization is going to be speculation or non-biblical at best? from reading the bible, the only impression i'm left with is we are dealing with (for lack of a better term) "non-humans" (uhh, non-adams)

UNIT76
You seem to very knowledgeable and a avid reader of literature. Are you aware that the Hebrew people studied written Torah along with oral Torah? A true Hebrew Torah believer would never rely upon just the written literature alone simply because it was incomplete in thought. So in order to understand Torah the student would be taught the traditional stories along with Torah. Oral Torah was taught to certain people who had fantastic memory capabilities for centuries.

This continued till it became feared that the Jews could no longer sustain this oral Torah and was decided to codify oral Torah. This was done in the days of Judah ha-Nasi (the Prince) 135-220 CE. We now have oral Torah in many languages including English and the most accepted of this English rendition is that of Jewish Anthology by MeAm Loez. If I am not mistaken it is published by Soncino Press. It is a vast undertaking and is available for sale on the internet (I believe). This is where many traditions of Torah originate. You may want to look into this along with Torah. Wish you the best.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

I am not sure why the uniting of science, philosophy and religion would be a problem for you

how does one know about the urantia group but doesn't know the basics of the new world order?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

soncino press?

i've got a nice little recording by a one "Dr. Oren.F.Patito"
..are you familiar with it?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76

I am not sure why the uniting of science, philosophy and religion would be a problem for you

how does one know about the urantia group but doesn't know the basics of the new world order?

I think you are mixing up unity with uniformity. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having differing options. Something as grand as God cannot be defined fully by any human. Religion is personal and will be different for every individual.

The Urantia Book has nothing what ever to do with the concept of a New World Order. Though is does speak of our ultimate destiny as being something analogous. In that I mean that eventually, thousands or even millions of years from now, the people of Earth will be so blended that we will be practically one race. Also that the most advanced, and oldest, civilizations do evolve to the point of a one language and one religion. The difference is the New World Order concept is trying to force that. Things of that nature must grow, slowly over many, many generations.

The New World Order folks are agents of Lucifier and are performing the same folly has he did. They are trying to short circuit time. It won't work.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ever hear of the melchizedek priesthood in mormonism?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
you might be interested in my new thread:

Cleopatra did not commit suicide
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Because your ?more fragile? "malarkey" is allergic to such information?

edit on 1/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
a reply to: UNIT76

No, I have not read your other posts. So I am not sure why the uniting of science, philosophy and religion would be a problem for you. Uniting would not necessarily be the word I would use, I would say inter-relatedness. There is so much division among people that believe it has to be one way or the other. The Urantia Book shows how they are diverse views of the same reality.

This is nothing new as the Ancient Egyptians had the same unity of science, astrology, and philosophy/religion. This kind of unity speaks positively to me though.

-MM

edit on 1-7-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

ever hear of the melchizedek priesthood in mormonism?

You might be interested in reading what the Urantia Book has to say about Melchizedek's. They are a separate order of being and are the teachers of the universe.

www.urantia.org... (The order of Melchizedek)

www.urantia.org... (Machiventa Melchizedek)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Textever hear of the melchizedek priesthood in mormonism? a reply to: undo

undo
Yes I have read about the Smith claim of his Melchizedek but that was quite some time back in my early youth. I have no denominational ties whatsoever so I guess I lost that interest in the Mormon cult knowledge. I guess everyone has their own thing and that was part of the Mormon belief.

My only interest (belief) has always been the apostolic following from the death of Christ Jesus to about 135 CE. That serves my appetite in a religion. I could never wrap my mind around the Roman Christianity or what it spawned. But that is not to say that I am totally correct but only that I believe that I am correct. I guess that applies to Mormons also. They are entitled to believe what they want to believe. I think they are mistaken but then they also think I am mistaken. That is the way theology works.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Text You might be interested in reading what the Urantia Book has to say about Melchizedek's. They are a separate order of being and are the teachers of the universe.

I have a copy of Urantia in my library and had just barley delved into it when I lost all interest in the entire concept. I found that Urantia had no real source to my understanding. It is a work of complete mystery with out origin. Some of the work does agree with the oral Torah but gets lost in pre Adamic concepts of terrestrial life. Not saying that it doesn't have some merit to other people but the entire work has no confirmed source which makes it difficult for me to identify. It is an interesting read if you are able to digest its purpose.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i don't know the details of it, but i know they think it's similar to the whole thing with passing down the priesthood responsibilities within the belief, to the next generation of men trained to be priests. no ladies though. /pokes paul in the ribs.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Text You might be interested in reading what the Urantia Book has to say about Melchizedek's. They are a separate order of being and are the teachers of the universe.

I have a copy of Urantia in my library and had just barley delved into it when I lost all interest in the entire concept. I found that Urantia had no real source to my understanding. It is a work of complete mystery with out origin. Some of the work does agree with the oral Torah but gets lost in pre Adamic concepts of terrestrial life. Not saying that it doesn't have some merit to other people but the entire work has no confirmed source which makes it difficult for me to identify. It is an interesting read if you are able to digest its purpose.

It's purpose is to help the individual develop their own relationship with God. Just like any other relationship it is between you and that person, God is a person so your relationship is personal.

The origins of the book are explained in the book. It is meant to stand on its teachings and not confirmed sources. The authors are said to be Celestial beings, but they primarily gathered and sifted human knowledge and only resorted to revelation when the concept to be presented had no human source.

To be honest with you the Urantia Book only seems to work for those who hunger for more knowledge about God. If you are satisfied with what you have it will do you little good.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

TextAccording to Scripture, Adam and Eve had three children, Cain, Able and Seth, who married and had children. Whom did they marry?

According to Hebrew tradition it is recorded that Eve had twins in the births of Cain and Abel and those births were one boy and one girl each birth. So Cain and Able each had a twin sister. The day of maturity came and procreation was foremost in the youths. Cain wanted to mate with his twin sister while Adam and Abel did not approve. At what age this was slips my mind but according to tradition Adam insisted upon Cain mating with Abel's twin and Abel mating with Cain's twin. This also was the desire of Abel. Now I am not to argue DNA or the likes of this matter but only to relate the tradition as I understand it.

Adam was so enraged with this problem that he took the matter to God and God solved Adam's problem in the following manner. Both Cain and Abel were to make an offering to God upon the alter of Adam and God would decide the matter by accepting one of the two offerings. Abel was a keeper of sheep and chose the most perfect of his sheep to offer God. Cain was a tiller of the soil and was unconcerned with choosing the best produce. Both brothers brought their offering to the alter of Adam and presented them to God. At this time blood was not a sacrifice to God so this was an offering unto the Lord for the Lord to do as He wished.

God judged their offering by their concern for Him and this concern reflected the love and respect the boys had instilled in them. It was not that a living creature was more so than harvest but was a judgment of the love that one had over the other. God choose the lamb offering because Abel loved God so much that he purposely selected the best of his sheep to offer God. God then devoured the lamb upon the alter of Adam to show His pleasure. This then showed Abel that his choice of Cain's twin was the correct solution. Cain was unconcerned with selecting the best of his harvest and that angered the Lord that he did not have the love for God to make a offering of gratitude.

Cain was given Abel's twin and Able was given Cain's twin for procreation of the Adamic race. This enraged Cain to the point of insanity and led to the first blood upon the earth. Cain slew Abel but instead of getting his twin as a mate he was then banned from the family of Adam and cursed by God. Tradition tells us that Cain then took his mate (Abel's twin) and was banned to the land called Nod which was east of Eden. There he became a tribal leader and had many children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.

After this was Seth born to Eve and it was through this linage that the world was divided into Sethites and Cainites. Normally the eldest child is the progenitor of the seed but Cain was denied this through his sinful nature.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

forget what anybody else teaches you - let the bible tell its own story. just go to the first verses where man is created and read it with as many of the words in their original hebrew, as possible. write it down. consider why it is where it is and why it says what it says. wipe out anything anyone else has taught you, and go find out for yourself. that is the absolute best way to solve problems like cain's wife, for example.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Very interesting, thank you.

-MM

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
..how could i mix anything with anything if i was just using the bible as a source?

it (the bible) claims, "every knee will bend"
that's a pretty big claim...?
does the urantia book say anything like that?
..does the urantia book even reference a God and have fairytale stories about it?
..is God going to distribute copies of the urantia book to us all?

that's the problem with things such as 'the urantia group' (and anything & everything else)
thanks for mentioning the NWO/lucifer parts (was that from the urantia book or the bible?)

amongst other things, it (the bible) also foretold the attempt at world government & claims there have been previous attempts.. it implies (inbetween being in a blackout and being too lazy to check, i'm pretty sure it implicitly states things to the effect that;..) the culmination of all this is something that would grow slowly, over many, many generations..

it's thing like this that don't make sense to me..

It's purpose is to help the individual develop their own relationship with God. Just like any other relationship it is between you and that person, God is a person so your relationship is personal. The origins of the book are explained in the book. It is meant to stand on its teachings and not confirmed sources. The authors are said to be Celestial beings, but they primarily gathered and sifted human knowledge and only resorted to revelation when the concept to be presented had no human source. To be honest with you the Urantia Book only seems to work for those who hunger for more knowledge about God. If you are satisfied with what you have it will do you little good.

since the issue of authorship doesn't seem to be a problem just now (hmm, isn't that the whole point) but moving right along so we can, uhhh, get into that,
if it's about developing a relationship with God and 'supposedly' authored by celestial beings.. why not opt for the book that is 'supposedly' authored by God? which, funnily enough, is about developing a relationship with God

..but i'm being polite with all that, there's waaay more to it

what's the problem with who cain supposedly married? ..i think the bible would've recorded twins if there were any, it does say Adam had other sons and daughters but that's not what i'm rambling about (that might come up later, like the melchizidek thing is coming up now) ..how about the part earlier in genesis where God creates males and females and tells them to multiply and subdue (looks for bible) uhh, well, there's a blackout here just now, if i wasn't in the dark just now i'd have something quasi-relevant to say
/scuttles off to make use of last 10 minutes of candle/laptop light

edit on 4-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: bbcode and pteradactyls

something rattled around in my brain the other night..

Melchizedek and Abraham (Hebrews 7)
…2to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace. 3Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually. 4Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.…

tune in at 11 when miss shem gets stripped of her crown
edit on 4-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: shemadactyls

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Text forget what anybody else teaches you - let the bible tell its own story. just go to the first verses where man is created and read it with as many of the words in their original hebrew, as possible. write it down. consider why it is where it is and why it says what it says. wipe out anything anyone else has taught you, and go find out for yourself. that is the absolute best way to solve problems like cain's wife, for example.

In some cases that would satisfy the account that is written but in most cases it is not complete. Here is another example.

The Assyrian kings came up to war with Israel in 2nd Kings 19th chapter. God told the prophet Isaiah that this great army of Assyria would not even cast an arrow at the city of Jerusalem and that the God of Abraham would protect Israel. So what happened?

2Ki 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred fourscore and five thousand; and when men arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

Now when I read that I was curious. Just how many armed men were a hundred fourscore and five thousand. Turns out to be 185,000 soldiers. How were they killed? Doesn't say does it? Maybe its none of my business but then why is it written if it is none of my business? Well it happens to be that there are other written accounts of this very same incident written in the archives of historians of that period.

The Assyrians used heavy body armor and that night before the invasion the camps were formed and of course body armor removed. It was customary to have your armor and weapons at your side and this night was no exception. It was reported that the very same evening there came up a very strong tempest with blasts of lightening bolts that were so intense that it was most unusual. The entire camp became the greatest conductor for millions of volts of electricity which (according to one account) burned the entire army to ash.

Now I realize that most people would say "So What?" but when I read I like to know as much as possible of the story. There had to be a cause and effect of this story and it simply added to my faith the power of my God. Now most people would simply gloss over this account with a ho hum and an angel did the dirty work attitude but to me it is fascinating to learn how a staggering 185,000 man army could be wiped out overnight. I guess it's just a matter of what you are interested in.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

what i'm trying to say is, if you have problems with cain and his wife story, without referring to something else, why not just go to the source document.

adam were a group of males and females made in the image of gods (elohim-plural) by god (elohim-singular royal "we" sense). the females were also called adam at that point because there were no mothers until eve. eve was called eve because she was a mother, that's what her name means. that means there were tons of possible candidates for cain to marry without suggesting it was his otherwise unmentioned sister or any variation thereof.

i have no problem with using corroborating ancient texts but in this case, you don't need to. and if you don't need to, and the outside document gives a different account, there's a real good chance the bible just proved it to be incorrect.
edit on 5-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Text adam were a group of males and females made in the image of gods (elohim-plural) by god (elohim-singular royal "we" sense). the females were also called adam at that point because there were no mothers until eve. eve was called eve because she was a mother, that's what her name means. that means there were tons of possible candidates for cain to marry without suggesting it was his otherwise unmentioned sister or any variation thereof.

Not meaning to be contentious but where in the world would you find Hebrew manuscripts that would relate this story? I understand your premise but have never seen or heard of any writings that support this belief. The oldest Hebrew and Aramaic manuscripts by Paleographic confirmation that I am aware of were the dead sea scrolls. These manuscripts are very close to the Masoretic texts of today and confirm the Hebrew bible as we have it today. Now there may be other sources but sure would be interested to know where to find them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join