It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks $500M to Arm Select Syrian Rebels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: soulshn

How much longer can Barry blow money? When are the people going to stand up against this crap and say enough is enough? This is OUR money that is being blown daily on stuff that shouldn't even matter to us! This stuff makes me so mad to see, I hate people who can't manage money especially when we don't have any to spend as it is now...

two more years, think of the damage he will do, depressing
edit on 113030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

If this is accurate, that the US government is going to put MORE money into these rebel groups, then I guess it is game over for the rest of the Middle East. There is absolutely no way, no way in the world, that if the US government puts money in the hands of these rebels, that it will not find a way into the coffers of ISIS, or one of the other many groups of fundamentalist fighters out in the region.

No matter how well "vetted" they are, there is no way to be absolutely sure that the money will not wind up where it does not belong, and furthermore, the description of THIS tranche of money being sent to vetted individuals, makes me wonder what happened the last time money was thrown at these rebel groups. Were they UNVETTED payments?

What the bloody hell are they thinking?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let's just stoke the fire a little more.

First we are going to arm and train the rebels fighting against Assad that are now trying to take over Iraq. Now let's arm and train the "rebels" fighting for Assad.

One thing is for sure though, the last thing this world needs is a bonafide Caliphate that seeks to enslave the world into Islam.

That is the only reason why I actually might agree with bombing them back to the stone age.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think this explains American foreign policy adaquately

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
To be honest I really don't know how Americans are not rioting at this stage. He can't keep his own house in order but can use your money to arm groups that will in no doubt labeled the enemy in 5-10 years. He will be allowed get away with it as he has done in the past and the presidents before him. If this was a government in a middle eastern country doing it the citizens would tear the place apart.
edit on 27-6-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The Syrian's made this image:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There needs to be a way for the American people to vote on how taxpayer money is spent. We can go no further like this. Blank checks in the hands of psychos has to stop! No more money to anyone except to help better America. And Americans. Crazy crazy crazy

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join