It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Seeks $500M to Arm Select Syrian Rebels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Obama sent Congress a $500 million request Thursday for a Pentagon-run program that would significantly expand previous covert efforts to arm rebels fighting both the Sunni extremists and forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar Assad. If approved by lawmakers, the program would in effect open a second front in the fight against militants spilling over Syria's border and threatening to overwhelm neighboring Iraq.

Obama Seeks $500M to Arm Select Syrian Rebels

What a joke, how much longer can this nonsense go on?

I had a rant all typed out, but what is the point? It's all been said before; instead i'll leave you with something else that has been said before:

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors, and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manners and of morals engendered by both. No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

-James Madison, 1795

Cheers my friends!
edit on 6/27/14 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soulshn

posted in hoax on 5/04/03

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
sad new's !! Amerika created al quada isis and moore so called evil groups
seems that the US finally has turned to the dark-side of humanaty
digging there own grave ..a reply to: soulshn

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Like I mentioned in a recent post today. What about us who are struggling with student debt and trying to buy a house that is $20,000 to build but we have to qualify for $150,000 to buy it.

So our money is going to fund a another group who will eventually turn on us and create another problem. Leave the Middle East to solve their own effen problems.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlchemistSwami

posted in hoax on 5/04/03

I wish it were.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

So our money is going to fund a another group who will eventually turn on us and create another problem. Leave the Middle East to solve their own effen problems.

No, rather the west has a hard on for the Whack-A--Mole game. We are just inserting more quarters.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

What a joke, how much longer can this nonsense go on?

Agreed. I heard a bit of this. They are called "moderate" rebels. What, their guns fire blanks or something.

Dumping a truckload of AK47s in the town square is a sure fire way to disrupt the hood. And heres some more ammo, now go settle your vendettas.

War is always garnered in the false cloak of "fixing things".

You can't fix things by destroying them.
edit on 27-6-2014 by intrptr because: spelling, changed

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This is a f**king joke yeah?

Yeah?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Money for Isis! Who america secretly groomed in to existence? Is this a thing? Or not?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Pouring more petrol on the fire .. all they going to do is get singed eyebrows and burned fingers yet again..

Would think by now uncle scam would learn rather than keep doing the same thing expecting different results ..

Meh.. as usual the idiots going to get more people killed with their stupidity ..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reference link for the difference between facts & truth

a reply to: intrptr

true.
keep in mind, these jokers believe the phoenix rises from its own ashes

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Whoa there big fellow ! I thought we just gave them (the select few) billions of dollars in Humvee, helicopters, ammo and weapons we left for the Iraqi forces..? Oh not that select few humm...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why doesn't Obama just stop beating around the bush and send all of our arms and equipment that is still in Afghanistan to the ISIS rebels?
I mean, the dude still has his pen and phone, right???

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Didn't the USA try this in the 1980's with Afghanistan.............................

Cause we know that worked well and everyone lived happily ever after.......

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Eh?
Surely it's against all laws to fund rebels to overthrow and destabilise another nation or am I missing something here?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

How much longer can Barry blow money? When are the people going to stand up against this crap and say enough is enough? This is OUR money that is being blown daily on stuff that shouldn't even matter to us! This stuff makes me so mad to see, I hate people who can't manage money especially when we don't have any to spend as it is now...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's nothing new, we've been funding and equipping "rebels" for the past two administrations. After the John McCain debacle of flying in to meet jihadi rebels in Libya and Syria, Obama states we will train only "appropriately vetted" rebels. Really? The whole world of these Muslim uprisings and rebellions is as murky as it gets. "Freedom fighters" mixed with jihadists. We have "allies" funding ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Qatar channel money to jihadists and AQ. These allies use "terrorism" as a political tool to drive their Caliphate agenda in the ME.

Our goals are no more noble than Saudi Arabia, we want to stop the flow of oil from Iran from reaching Europe. We want to keep Russia out of the ME. We have a major corporate and political influence that has sought "regime change" in Libya, Syria, Iran dating back to the 90's (the "Prog ess for a New American Century."

Obama has been so weak in the face of Republican obstruction and resistance, that he never had the political clout to replace the neocon holdovers from the previous administration. Obama never developed his own foreign policy, he just relied on keeping the same neocons in place. His foreign policy chief a neocon. Neocons have held a lock on foreign policy since the days of Reagan. Neocon policy and Saudi/Sunni policy overlap in many areas, and have been in league for the past two decades, "rewriting" the ME for their own benefit. BOTH played a vital role in launching AQ. The US created it, and the Sauds ran with it, we both use it as a means for political gain.
edit on 27-6-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
a reference link for the difference between facts & truth

a reply to: intrptr

true.
keep in mind, these jokers believe the phoenix rises from its own ashes

They're idiots. Might be true in nature (forest fires) but in the "civilized world" all we are left with is ruins. I think they know that. They hold they will be above the plight that "normal" people suffer. In German…

Untermensch

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Best way to make money is to start a war or religion.

To maximize profits, start a war and arm both sides.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Imagine if Russia interfered with an American ally and say gave $500 million dollars worth of guns to the Mexican drug cartels.....wait a sec the US already did that...
edit on 27-6-2014 by khnum because: spelling error

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join