It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news for Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am not sure if this news are posted already it is fresh news, breaking news to us. It comes few days after turkish gathered to force their parliament, to use Konstantinupolis Saint Sofia as an islamist whatever they call it/place .

House Foreign Affairs Committee Strengthens US Call for Turkey to Return Christian Holy Sites; Back Ankara’s Attacks

WASHINGTON–The House Foreign Affairs Committee passed a powerful religious freedom measure this morning holding Turkey accountable for the return of thousands of stolen Christian holy sites and urging the immediate opening of the Halki Theological Seminary, reported the Armenian National Committee of America,

Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) and Ranking Democrat Eliot Engel (D-NY) led the effort which received broad bipartisan support despite a last minute campaign led by pro-Turkey lobbyists to gut the measure. An amended version of H.R. 4347 was adopted by voice vote.

“Americans of Armenian, Greek and Assyrian heritage – the descendants of those subjected to genocide by Ottoman Turkey from 1915-1923 and whose churches continue to be held captive by the Turkish Government – join with friends of all faiths in welcoming Committee passage of the Royce-Engel Turkey Christian Churches Accountability Act,” said ANCA Chairman Ken Hachikian. “The adoption of this measure sends a strong signal to Ankara that it must stop its anti-Christian conduct and start coming to terms with its moral, material, and legal obligations to Armenians, Syriacs, Cypriots, Pontians, and other victims of Turkey’s still unpunished genocidal crimes.”

Introduced in March of this year by Chairman Royce along with the panel’s Ranking Democrat Eliot Engel (D-NY), H.R. 4347 would require that the U.S. Department of State formally report to Congress on an annual basis about the status of Turkey’s return of stolen Christian churches and properties in Turkey and occupied Cyprus. H.R. 4347 builds on a measure (H.Res.306), spearheaded by Chairman Royce and then House Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Democrat Howard Berman (D-CA), which was overwhelmingly adopted by the House of Representatives on December 13, 2011. That resolution set the groundwork for H.R.4347 by calling upon the government of Turkey to honor its international obligations to return confiscated Christian church properties and to fully respect the rights of Christians to practice their faiths.

In the days leading up to the vote, the ANCA worked closely with Armenian American religious leaders and Hellenic American groups including the Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC), American Hellenic Educational and Progressive Association (AHEPA), American Hellenic Institute (AHI) and American Hellenic Council (AHC) in securing Committee passage of the measure.

horizonweekly.ca...

If these news are already posted around here, plz merge.
edit on 27-6-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Politics should stay away from religious affairs...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Even prophecies are politics, its one of the 8 sirens, how cannot be connected.

As my only personal comment into all that, is to return us as a demand, not as a request, our ancient temples as well. Everything they got is stolen, they dont have even a sign of civilization on them. Only their muslim churches. The temple of Zeus, the gates of Hades, Apollonas, etc...

Hades (Αδης) for those who think they know, its not a god. Hades is the underworld (a place, a space for the bad souls), the place you see in Hollywood movies, that ancient heroes travelled and moved inside to fight reptiles and monsters. We also have Elysium fields, but I am afraid Elysium is in Lyra star system (there is no gates for it, you just fly there). And the god who controls both worlds is Ploutonas.

Judaism and later on Christianity adopted it, they hated everything has to do with ancient Ellas my country and philosophers (Everything) and instead of presenting at least some facts, they called Ploutonas as the Adhs the god of undeworld. But nobody knows in foreign countries, that Adhs is a place, not a god, is HELL in christianity and elysium is paradise.. Keep that for ur personal knowledge.

Soon all Mongolians will have to face their consequences of their actions.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
"Islamist whatever they call it place" ...... really? just wow

Anyway, maybe when the world forces the jews to give the Palestinian muslims their land back then the muslims in Turkey will take this a little more serious, because I don't see too many countries forcing that to be returned, so let's face it they can talk all they want but it really means nothing

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Haxsaw

its because they dont call it a church, they call it differently.. I know how to call it in my language, but not in english. And personally I am not interested about their religion. Even if I know everything about their religion, we study all religions in our schools (islam, judaism, Christianity, Buddha, HONG - China and also all the small ones none official).

edit : the google translator gives me the word : mosque

lol I dont know if its correct.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Should, no doubt, but just a bit difficult in the Middle East.
Nearly all the leaders over there are religious zealots of one brand or another.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Should, no doubt, but just a bit difficult in the Middle East.
Nearly all the leaders over there are religious zealots of one brand or another.

Turkey is a democratic state.. If Politics wants no religious intervention then Politics should stay the hell out of Religious issues also. I see what your saying but it's a tough life.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The last think someone can call turkey, is a democratic state. But thats not an issue, each country can have whatever suits them better, from my behalf.

The problem with turkey is, they dont respect and they act like fanatics, a bull... They try to take over everything, but when they get thretened, they cry like a baby in USA doorstep.

bellow is just a pinch, a small sample, for the last couple of months, they violate with extreme ways, global laws.

The ISIL problem, trained and founded from western countries, but it was orchistrated in turkey. Now turkey fall into their own hole. ISIL turn against them and they marching for turks now. They also ban facebook, youtube, etc.
www.voanews.com...

Turkey, tap the efratis waters and they dont allow Syria to have fresh water! And thats violation of international laws.
the-tap.blogspot.gr...

Turkish, also Erdogan announced it. They try to make ST. Sophia a mosque.. But its a monument in modern history, one of the most beautiful temples in modern history.
uk.reuters.com...

News from 2011
turkish demolish churches and greek old houses, in order to create nice FX for their soap television shows

They also try to force mosques all over Europe, but they dont respect the stolen monuments. It does not reflect, even in the slightest their existence, how about destroying them.

They destroyed a part of an ancient greek temple, to make a minimarket for the turists!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

If you try to study any course in a turkish university, you have to study and accept allah! Try to search universities in turkey, pick courses like engineering, computing, technical stuff that religions does not matter. I know that because few years ago, tried to search studies in other contries and turkey was included in my search list. I freaked out when I read the programs for its course...

They will never be allowed to enter europe. Especially now that Leppen took over the entire France in eu parliament.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
But I am an honnest Greek, its not only turks or muslims that destroy temples... Even in my country, monks some times violate ancient greek temples! Turks just crossed the limits in everything.

translated link

We also fighting here for our temples.

top topics

join