It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help the previously adamant skeptic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
a reply to: Logarock

the need to learn is my kryptonite, and not the education they want to give people.
since i started seeing, it 40+ hours have already gone into my own research in just the few days i've known about it.
The ancient gods and symbols are fairly easy since that was a hobby of mine for a long time.

Well then I am sort of puzzled. Did you not ever notice the assorted use of ancient icons in recent culture? As more than just some vague application?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No, i never put much thought into it before.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Well its like a ton of bricks it is.

Honestly I noticed but like you never spent much time looking into it. I was primed by a few books one being "The Two Babylon's". As well from a teacher of such things, so it wasn't something I can claim was totally originating from my own research. But then the bug bit, the capacity and interest were there. What really set me off was a cross-cultural study of the diffusion of ideas and icons, customs, ect. At some point whatever the narrow focus of the study the lens starts to pan out and the trees become a forest.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I find the not so secret 'secret' Bilderberg group to be the most interesting and 'in your face'. But like was said earlier ... Aleister Crowley's writings and what built off them is also right out there.

Carl Jung was mentioned earlier. I love reading Jung. I don't think he was part of secret society stuff, but his writings are adopted by some folks and incorporated.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Deep sad rabbit hole, I know. I plucked it from a thread here way back…

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So much Information to absorb

My poor brain feels like chunky mashed potatoes

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
So much Information to absorb

My poor brain feels like chunky mashed potatoes

If covered with gravy, then its okay.

Thing I found over time here is that the chunky begins to blend into a clearer picture of events. ATS is a good place to counter all the one sided media in the main stream. If you don't absorb too much at once and just stay with it, you will learn the truth about world events eventually.

Like the main stream this site has people that support their "stories". Unlike the mainstream this site also has people that expose the holes in the fabric that let us see through on occasion.

ATS is a good place to get "balance". Then make up your own mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join