It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help the previously adamant skeptic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hello, ATS.
As the title states I always thought secret societies were nothing more than a fraternity doing normal guy stuff for whatever reason they did it and all the weird stuff was just people being paranoid or what not.
Recently, thanks to a member here (they know who they are) with a couple links and some research on my own, my head EXPLODED.
The symbolism. I can see it now, layers on layers in most cases is everywhere. WTF. How did i miss this before when its in plain sight?

This is my plea for help from those of you who know/see more than i do.
If you could direct me to a legitimate place where i can learn more about it(not the whackadoo stuff where they go on about some seriously off the wall, bizarre, incoherent rant) PM, links, anything of value, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Great post!

Would you mind sharing they eye-opening links?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's everywhere really. The trick is to decipher it all. Now that your eyes are open you'll begin to notice it more often. There is an agenda, the age old good vs. evil. We are easily manipulated, help others to see it, that's all that matters!

S & F

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Most certainly.
Here is the initial eye opener for me and set my mind in motion trying for a full day to brush this topic off as insane paranoia. This member has numerous tidbits of mental exercise.

Link

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You asked for it.

Illuminati, their child abuse and sacrifice cookie crumb trail…

Come to your own conclusions

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
lots of reading there but so far worth the effort. thanks

EDIT: what the F*** am i reading??!
edit on 6/26/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't really by into the universal cabal striving towards some unified goal....but I will read through this and post some of my thoughts later tonight

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Honestly, the best source of learning this type of stuff is their own material. If you want to know the symbolism and what it means, study the occult. Now, I must warn you because this can be dangerously seductive. I went through a stage in my studies where I actively contemplated trying some of this stuff out, because it is presented in such a noble fashion. Most of the literature suggests that occultism is based around the purifying of the soul, the rejection of the ego, and the higher aspirations of the spirit. These things sound well and good, but can lead to disaster for those lacking discernment.

It boils down to whether or not you feel that the higher ups in these movements have altruistic motives or not. I personally do not believe that to be the case, so I live by the saying: "Know thine enemy".

If you think you are standing on a solid enough foundation to investigate these matters, I would recommend starting out with hermeticism. There are a lot of good books about the Golden Dawn or written by it's members that can shed a lot of light on the theories and symbolism occultists use. Some recommendations:

-"Magick in Theory and Practice" - Aleister Crowley
-"The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic" - Israel Regardie
-"The Tree of Life" - Israel Regardie
-"Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition" -Chic and Tabatha Cicero
-"Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual" -Eliphas Levi
-"Corpus Hermeticum" - Hermes Trismegistus
-"Three Books of Occult Philosophy" - Cornelius Agrippa

From there, you will find a number of different studies open up, with these books pointing you in whichever directions of study you wish to further. Generally speaking, a good understanding of the Kabbalah is helpful, as it is prominent in most western occult systems. You will also find multiple references to various grimoires such as the Lesser/Greater keys of King Solomon, The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, etc. These books can all be bought physically or looked up online (almost all of them exist in pdf format on the internet).

For a good understanding of how occultism has worked its way into the media (becoming especially prominent in the music industry), I'd recommend reading all of Aleister Crowley's work and researching the Ordo Templi Orientis (or OTO for short). It helps to have a solid background in hermeticism and the history that preceded the OTO in the form of the Golden Dawn and Crowley's exploits therein.

hermetic.com... is a decent enough place to start, but you won't really see the layers peeled off until you delve quite deeply into the material. Some of it doesn't even make sense at first glance, and can't be understood or "unlocked" until other parts of the body of work are comprehended, sort of acting like a "key" that allows the student to "read between the lines". That is where you will find some of the more shocking material.

Again, I would urge extreme caution in this endeavor. It can be extremely rewarding and help you to see all of the symbolism that is not only being pushed, but also that which exists naturally. But it can also be extremely seductive.

I hope I haven't bored you to tears with the lengthy post. I tend to get excited when someone actually wakes up to this stuff and realizes there is a very real agenda being pushed that is right in front of their eyes (as you so succinctly put it).

Best of luck.

Edit to add:

I would also suggest reading Carl Jung's work (who was sort of the grand daddy of the idea of a "Collective Consciousness" in western circles). He's quite respected by most occultists and his theories on symbolism and their impact on consciousness are invaluable companions in researching the occult.
edit on 26-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Congrats, welcome to the fold! DON'T STOP RESEARCHING is my strongest advice, because
a) more information to sift through [can] mean more truth being found.
and
b) EVERYTHING is connected. the more you look, the more you find. and you'll be surprised at how often the secret society stuff relates to seemingly harmless things---be prepared however, to be the only one seeing it. Come here to share, haha, I've made the mistake of blabbing about some of this stuff to friends and I get A LOT of weird looks. Just because someone else doesn't [want to] see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. The sun exists at night, too.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

THIS. THIS ADVICE. Know your enemy but don't fall in love. I'm even doing this right now, and reading this advice was helpful! Cheers.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well how about I try to get your skepticism back ?

For starters, you know, you are right, the symbolism IS there. In fact, symbolism is all around us. As a species, we have very symbolic-orientated brains, and every single human culture is a reflection of that. Now for me there are two main mistakes that people make (and I did) when they get into this stuff :

1) They assume that the "symbolism" is coming from these "secret societies" (as if they were in control), when in fact it's the opposite. Secret societies merely mirror our own cultural mythos. The rich and powerfull are often, and sometimes more, as superstitious as the average Joe.

2) Just because it exists, it doesn't mean that it's relevant, or that it holds any power. As stated above, superstition/symbolism is very democratic. You need to remember that the people who frequent those kinds of circles don't come from *such* a different world than the rest of us. They are subjected to the same kind of cultural influences the rest of us are, many worship the same gods most other people do, they are hardwired with the same symbolic structure that we all have. That they BELIEVE that these symbols hold power does not magically imbue them with any special/supernatural relevance what so ever.

Also :

3) The rich and powerfull have always mingled, and have and will always strive to retain their power. In essence, there is nothing "abnormal" about that. It is an economical consequence of the way our society functions, nothing more. Some of these guys even try to leave a mark of their passage on this earth, and start dabbling in little clubs with little clubby superstitions that give their lives meaning. Cos' guess what the bottom line is. Being incredibly rich gets incredibly boring incredibly fast.

These people live a culture that they can influence more than most, but it's a two way street. They too get educated to believe that money = happiness/fullfilment. But most of these peoples lives are even sadder and far more meaningless than yours or mine. These are people who spend their existences trying to find something meaningfull in a vacuum they helped create. Symbolism can be very meaningfull. So that's that.

Here is my advice. Don't give them any more credit than they deserve. Certainly don't fear them. But do pity them. They are among the most lost, confused, and emotionally fracked-up people on this planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
A symbol is not good or evil. It's not powerful or weak. Think of it like a gun. An inanimate object, but if respected, and trained with, it can be an indispensable tool. But there is a huge amount of learning to do in this field. In fact, once you start, you may never finish. There is literally a lifetime of learning to be done. If you approach it right, it will be a life changing experience.

My advice is find a mentor whom you trust. You will need some help interpreting things and understanding others. Good luck. And don't be afraid to ask anything. Even of you think it's stupid or forbidden. Just ask.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I actually read all those and more during my time researching various religions, apparently i failed to connect the dots back then.
Thanks for the extra wisdom

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You asked for it.

Illuminati, their child abuse and sacrifice cookie crumb trail…

Come to your own conclusions

I started to read this...it's brutal. Terrifying...almost hard to believe. Almost.

I feel sadness....

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
Well how about I try to get your skepticism back ?

For starters, you know, you are right, the symbolism IS there. In fact, symbolism is all around us. As a species, we have very symbolic-orientated brains, and every single human culture is a reflection of that. Now for me there are two main mistakes that people make (and I did) when they get into this stuff :

1) They assume that the "symbolism" is coming from these "secret societies" (as if they were in control), when in fact it's the opposite. Secret societies merely mirror our own cultural mythos. The rich and powerfull are often, and sometimes more, as superstitious as the average Joe.

2) Just because it exists, it doesn't mean that it's relevant, or that it holds any power. As stated above, superstition/symbolism is very democratic. You need to remember that the people who frequent those kinds of circles don't come from *such* a different world than the rest of us. They are subjected to the same kind of cultural influences the rest of us are, many worship the same gods most other people do, they are hardwired with the same symbolic structure that we all have. That they BELIEVE that these symbols hold power does not magically imbue them with any special/supernatural relevance what so ever.

Also :

3) The rich and powerfull have always mingled, and have and will always strive to retain their power. In essence, there is nothing "abnormal" about that. It is an economical consequence of the way our society functions, nothing more. Some of these guys even try to leave a mark of their passage on this earth, and start dabbling in little clubs with little clubby superstitions that give their lives meaning. Cos' guess what the bottom line is. Being incredibly rich gets incredibly boring incredibly fast.

These people live a culture that they can influence more than most, but it's a two way street. They too get educated to believe that money = happiness/fullfilment. But most of these peoples lives are even sadder and far more meaningless than yours or mine. These are people who spend their existences trying to find something meaningfull in a vacuum they helped create. Symbolism can be very meaningfull. So that's that.

Here is my advice. Don't give them any more credit than they deserve. Certainly don't fear them. But do pity them. They are among the most lost, confused, and emotionally fracked-up people on this planet.

point numbers 2 and three are ones that i can completely agree with. i was just blown away by the fact that is there in the first place and would like to "see just how far the rabbit hole goes".

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Unfortunately, in this area of research most of the content is "whackadoo".

As another member previously stated, the symbology is there. But evidence for there being a secret society still in existence today that has any real power is non-existent.

Sure, there is a very powerful group of politicians and businessmen that get together and decide our economic futures, but there is no Illuminati or anything of the sort still in existence.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If you are really interested and I mean you have a natural driven curiosity and need to learn be prepared for hours upon hours of study. A good deal of material is right there on the surface laying around as it were. I would recommend for starters a cursory fly over of the symbols used by the Mesopotamian cultures, then Egypt, then the Maya use of symbols for which there is a very great deal of available material to be had. Look for those icons, symbolic icons. Study the icons.

Later, or as you are making notes, study each cultures ideas of the pantheon of gods and the concept of the underworld and sun worship. Sun worship and underworld are key as are the ideas of sun king/king as divine.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

the need to learn is my kryptonite, and not the education they want to give people.
since i started seeing, it 40+ hours have already gone into my own research in just the few days i've known about it.
The ancient gods and symbols are fairly easy since that was a hobby of mine for a long time.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Unfortunately, in this area of research most of the content is "whackadoo".

As another member previously stated, the symbology is there. But evidence for there being a secret society still in existence today that has any real power is non-existent.

Sure, there is a very powerful group of politicians and businessmen that get together and decide our economic futures, but there is no Illuminati or anything of the sort still in existence.

If we could prove all the wrongdoing in the world...there wouldn't be any...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
With a gifted insight developed or achieved... know this: "It's All Comedy!", with the god-head being: "A Lord Of Irony!"
Bare that in mind...

~Pinocchio...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join