It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

At a job I worked a while back I saw my boss's name in the bathroom, you can imagine what it said. When I asked him why he didn't have it removed he said when my name is on the S**T House wall it tells me I'm doing my job.

Kind of an old cliché but I think it would apply to why certain types of people hate FOX.

When certain types of people are faced with facts mixed with truth they just can't seem to contain there hatred...IMO
edit on 26-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fox News strongly feels that their side is the right side, like a religious group and its constantly pushing their opinion on people. I did however grow up watching it because of my parents but I don't necessarily believe everything they tell me, well almost everything they tell me.

They also have a tendency to over talk there guest speakers and push their scripted words out to the world which is kind of annoying. I think ATS is more of a more reliable news station as people can bring in their own info in an instant on a subject, gives us the advantage over the stations in a way because we have a direct source flow of information givers on here, and its easy to sift through the BS.

News stations are mostly bought and payed for too.

two cents.

link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: rickymouse
Fox news? Fox eat mice and beezzers for breakfast... fox thrive on Wrabbits.

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

Actually you will find that the majority of FOX watchers are senor citizens. You know the people that can't figure out how to use the channel changer. Over 50% of the people that watches FOX are 68 and older. FOX is the retirement community of MSM.

And they have money. And advertisers like that.

It's a business. Filling a niche.

Sometimes older is wiser, but who cares if they have money?

link   
post deux
edit on 26-6-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For us, MSNBC is the worst!!!

It depends on the time of day and who is on when we watch FOX

Used to alternate between FOX and CNN but here lately, we don't care for them anymore
Can't stand MSNBC

Gone are the days of respectable news reporting [Walter Cronkite....R.I.P]
Now it's more or less 'News Opinions' aka talking heads

But...but --WAIT--no need to fret
We have ATS to help us sort out the news!!!!

Surely we all can agree on that, right?!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

In case you are interested.... over here Fox "News" is often used as an example for what journalism must never become.

It is a prime example for partisanship and so called "infotainment", and tabloid "journalism" at best.

IMO Fox "News" is damaging for the reputation of your political right.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I like to call them "Fox Spews'.

Because of the blonde bimbo black root dollies that all look alike, the clueless wimp male 'newscasters' and worst of the worst, that fat finger pointing falafel and loofa wielding utterly contemptible 'shut up shut up shut up' pinhead smugface O'Liely.

Just to point out though, Fox's watchership isn't nearly as good as the stats try to indicate. The vast majority of their 'viewership' is people that are captive audiences, in airports, doc offices and worse of all, nursing homes. I'm not sure of how much use to an advertiser a drooling clientele is. Elderly people like it, if they are cognizant at all, because of the big graphics and lack of complicated content. Not to mention the old guys' last one joy, waiting for Gretchen Carlson to rearrange her knees.

At least over on MSNBC, some of the presenters actually have a brain. Chris Hayes is a joy, but I've had an issue with Rachel Maddow ever since she thoroughly trashed the Citizen's Hearing on Disclosure last year before seeing it, but she may have been giving it some surreptitious advertising on purpose. Here it is, it's worth the watch:

edit on 0828106pmThursdayf28Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:28:08 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: fixed video

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Oh man the commercials they play make so much more sense now...
Oh and your video is busted

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Fox News

Fox News ended Q1 2014 solidly in first place, in both the 25-54 demo and total viewers. Fox continued to beat CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers across all day parts. In total day, Fox averaged 1.099M total viewers and 225K in the demo, up 3% and 5% respectively from Q1 2013. In prime time (8-11pm), Fox averaged 1.804M total viewers and 293K in the demo, up 4% and 5% respectively from Q1 2013. By comparison, CNN and MSNBC were either flat or down in those same categories compared to last year.

www.mediaite.com...

Sadly, many follow the herd. And what I mean by that is, Fox-hate is generated by CNN and MSNBC and many are vocal in their hatred for that.

Fox is #1 in News when compared to CNN and MSNBC.

There are more people that go to Fox for their news than any other cable news organization. (see above)

Reason #2? Fox is conservative. Highly conservative. The more liberal people and outlets can't stand that.

It provides the conservative bias against the liberal bias in CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS.

It is the only network that does provide an alternative to the MSM slop being fed to the masses.

Is it just as biased?

Of course.

But it works for them. They get the viewers, the advertisers are happy, the bottom line is good.

Why change it?

they also report news that the others never do.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Fixed it thanks, forgot to take off the header. I blame the cold meds..

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

It seems that their purpose is to pre-define what is considered a 'normal' viewpoint, and then like magic almost everyone thinks that way.

Not magic at all. Everyone has a TV or computer and we all hear it at once. Thats why its called main stream. Instant dissemination is not new.

Joseph Goebbels saw the advantage of that. Propaganda "Minister' during the German Reich, he saw to it that every German household had a cheap affordable radio set so he could beam his lies direct into everyones head at once.

The importance of that should not be lost on anyone. We take this instant info paradigm for granted nowadays but it is key to getting everyone on the same page. Its hard to resist everyones opinion on a subject.

"And thats the way it is." --Walter Cronkite

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's like waking up in the morning next to your significant other and realize the first thing out of their mouth is a lie. Not a good way to start your day.

I lied to my mom once when I was a kid. The amount of pain and mental anguish I saw her go through realizing her son is a liar and how long it would be before she could trust me again was rough. It only took one lie.

Fox News has lied and most mainstream media outlets are propaganda tools designed to tug the heartstrings of people in order to persuade, distract, falsify and set agendas.

Just look at their owners. A pyramid scheme of power, control and persuasion. A tool if I ever saw one.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: rickymouse
Fox news? Fox eat mice and beezzers for breakfast... fox thrive on Wrabbits.

Why should we like Fox.

A friend of mine is 83 and he watches Fox news every day. Now he seems to be a runnaway conspiracy theorist, more than I ever was. I don't watch Fox news.

What does The Fox Say?

(lolz)

Not this bunny!

But seriously, if Fox sucked as bad as many say, then it wouldn't be #1.

Actually you will find that the majority of FOX watchers are senor citizens. You know the people that can't figure out how to use the channel changer. Over 50% of the people that watches FOX are 68 and older. FOX is the retirement community of MSM.

And they have money. And advertisers like that.

It's a business. Filling a niche.

Sometimes older is wiser, but who cares if they have money?

Con men care if they have money. I wonder if FOX gets a cut of all the books their reporters and commentators writes?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The answer is simple. Conservatives have NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC etc to hate on whereas liberals only have Fox to hate on. Basically liberals own all the media, but FOX so they gang up on them.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

people act like fox news SPECIFICALLY is so bad

Because it is- completely fake in a thinly disguised, smarmy, trite propagandistic mode that is completely designed to make dumb people believe that any Americans who don't think like them are evil.

Fox was on in my Dr's office the other day and just 15 minutes of it was enough to make me severely worried for the future of America.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

people act like fox news SPECIFICALLY is so bad

Because it is- completely fake in a thinly disguised, smarmy, trite propagandistic mode that is completely designed to make dumb people believe that any Americans who don't think like them are evil.

Fox was on in my Dr's office the other day and just 15 minutes of it was enough to make me severely worried for the future of America.

You just described MSNBC. That is what you meant, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Just "Who's" America are you worried about?

Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What up with Megan Kelly's hair - is that a Flock of Seagulls thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It's not as though all news isn't completely stupid and carefully selected, it's just that fox news has a special lead on every other competitor for those thing. They are especially stupid and their news even more carefully selected.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh yes, MSNBC, where celebrities being arrested is more important than discussing NSA and their phone-data gathering and invasion of privacy discussion with a Congresswoman

Oh please, yes, I just loooooove JB.....save me from real news of our government's shenanigans to bring me life shattering news of the Beeb!!!!!!!!

NBC

Remember when NBC edited GZ audio tape to make him look guilty/racist??
NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up

During our investigation it became evident that there was an error made in the production process that we deeply regret. We will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening in the future and apologize to our viewers

"Error in the production process".....yeah right, happens all the time, pfffft

Sorry folks, but ALL news networks are flawed
Can't just single one out without acknowledging flaws of the others
Just saying....

Oh and I would like to add that FOX needs to get new hair stylists
All the girls are starting to look a like

And CAN NOT stand the new show #outnumbered....ugh
That needs to be on in the 5 A.M slot
We definitely don't watch FOX when that is on

edit on 27-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join