It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Such Hate For Fox News Specifically?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
If you want to know who is watching the network, see what commercials they play.
Fox is golf, ED pills and your maintenance meds. Blood pressure, heartburn, cholesterol ect.
They play to captive audiences in doc offices and retirement homes and to the retired crowd that sits at home and watch tv.

Oh and bills last show was about him sending a reporter to different places in CA and then asking them about the show.
Then proceed to talk crap on the people that had anything negative to say.... Real classy.
Even tried to take the comment made by one guy to the reporter after telling him how he felt about bill.
He said " and your cut from the same cloth cause he is your boss"
Bill tried to call that a semi racist comment....

that was just reruns of watters world.

sheesh.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Now Beeze we have to let some things go ,there was this one lady called Candy Samples,I would like to say she seemed intelligent but at the time I had no idea...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao
And it needed to be an hour long special and those re runs need to be rehashed and attacked all over again?
The best part about it is that he had just attacked colbert and stewart saying they had to have been running out of material but he has a show the very same week dedicated to reruns?

Guess they were just needed to rehash old stuff so they could attack it again huh? Sounds like the no spin zone

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

These day's the News networks work for the elite and act as propeganda asset's, now of course in a democracy propeganda is unethical when used against the population as only an intelligent informed populace can correctly divine what is correct for them but in an elitist non democractic sysem the opposite is true and they want you to believe what they want you to believe so as to steer you as cattle to there plan.
Fox news is just another of these entity's allbeit one of the larger one's and it is not only america but the whole world.
Have alisten to this for light entertainment, it captures the spirit of the feeling even though it is from the 1980's.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

If fox is a joke then why are they number 1 ?

I don't know. Why is McDonalds the #1 selling hamburger? Is it because their audience is pathetic, lazy and cheap?

CJ

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: thesaneone

If fox is a joke then why are they number 1 ?

I don't know. Why is McDonalds the #1 selling hamburger? Is it because their audience is pathetic, lazy and cheap?

CJ

I would imagine it's because people like what they sell.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well, as much as I enjoy a good FOX peepshow, I learned that it's unhealthy, in the deepest sense, to expect anything good to manifest from rotten fruit. Finally, it came to me, during E.D. Hill's daily Jihad. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Each morning this pretty little hate machine would systemically spread poison against anything Muslim. I would watch in bewilderment, wondering how anyone, or thing, could play such the obvious whore. Wearing go go boots and a mini skirt, she would daily conduct her two-minute hate for our masters.

Sick. Venal.

I began to notice that my nerves would stop growing, that my eye would close, whenever I ambled too close to the paid lies spoken by the family. Not a good feeling. Eventually, I realized that I don't care what these war pigs have to tell me. They are in hell, and they will live there forever when they have their Final Audit.

The final straw came when Glenn Beck performed a Founding Fathers/Amerika has lost it's way skit which relied heavily on demonizing cannabis. I listened in shock. I blew my last fuse to this sentence:

"America...we were invited to a party. We were promised that we'd be home by midnight. But we were dumped at the door at 4 AM, reeking of marijuana, and ashamed...."

Yup. I can see how hard it would be for Glenn Beck to look at his own reflection, while under the influence of an entheogen...or anytime at all, but the deliberate big pharma/prohibition agenda, the twisted association with the Founding Fathers somehow being 'ashamed' of cannabis....that pretty much did it for me.

The 911 treatment, especially by O'Reilly, was pretty hard to stomach as well. A bunch of zionist prostitutes, the whole lot of them, not just FOX. I tremble for the future as I recollect some of the sound bytes that were sent our way. Thank God we pulled the plug on them. TV and media are as death on a plate.

I wouldn't watch these bastards if they were drowning and on fire while apologizing with everything their strangled souls could stutter for their forgiveness.

# 231

edit on 29-6-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: sp

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Because it's fashionable to bash Fox. It's really that simple. If you look at the other stations, MSNBC is just as bad and hysterical in many ways. Yes, there is definitely less screaming going on, but there's no less of a spin, no less of a party line being followed.

The folks on MSNBC were ready to tar and feather Zimmerman, and they are absolutely hilarious when talking about guns.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: tsingtao
And it needed to be an hour long special and those re runs need to be rehashed and attacked all over again?
The best part about it is that he had just attacked colbert and stewart saying they had to have been running out of material but he has a show the very same week dedicated to reruns?

Guess they were just needed to rehash old stuff so they could attack it again huh? Sounds like the no spin zone

yeah, ever see stewart on o'reily? they are friends.

you should sit through an hr of miller. lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck

Because it's fashionable to bash Fox. It's really that simple. If you look at the other stations, MSNBC is just as bad and hysterical in many ways. Yes, there is definitely less screaming going on, but there's no less of a spin, no less of a party line being followed.

The folks on MSNBC were ready to tar and feather Zimmerman, and they are absolutely hilarious when talking about guns.

It is about narratives and each station is different dependent on the demographic they wish to reach for the revenue stream. Fashionable bashing doesn't come into it; Fox is just the most incendiary of the lot. And frankly anyone citing the station as a credible source needs to reevaluate their world views. Unfortunately, the Fox News demographic has a hard time thinking for themselves much less seeing beyond their own life bubbles and questioning what is really going on in the world. The astute news watcher will take their daily feed from a variety of sources, put absolute trust in none but critically think for themselves and draw their own conclusion. They could very well be wrong in any conclusion drawn but at least that conclusion comes from them and not spoon fed.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Of course msnbc pushes their agenda, but it's really no comparison to the way fox handles stories. If you ever notice there entire skit is set up like they are asking a question while they are actually telling you a lie. They are the laughing stock of world media.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

It is about narratives and each station is different dependent on the demographic they wish to reach for the revenue stream. Fashionable bashing doesn't come into it; Fox is just the most incendiary of the lot. And frankly anyone citing the station as a credible source needs to reevaluate their world views. Unfortunately, the Fox News demographic has a hard time thinking for themselves much less seeing beyond their own life bubbles and questioning what is really going on in the world. The astute news watcher will take their daily feed from a variety of sources, put absolute trust in none but critically think for themselves and draw their own conclusion. They could very well be wrong in any conclusion drawn but at least that conclusion comes from them and not spoon fed.

The fox news audience demographic has one foot in the hole.

The average age of their audience is something like 90yo.

Perhaps you have to be senile to willingly choose to watch their tripe.
edit on C0700f30America/ChicagoSunday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chiftel

The fox news audience demographic has one foot in the hole.

The average age of their audience is something like 90yo.

Perhaps you have to be senile to willingly choose to watch their tripe.

Actually you are more likely to be a sexagenarian who watches Fox News. A group more than old enough and worldly wise enough not to be spoon fed information without critically thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Then why would you choose to watch such blatant, filthy right wing propaganda?

Do people become masochists in their old age?
edit on C0716f30America/ChicagoSunday by Chiftel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Some of it is due to fear and depression from the physical effects of old age, but most of it comes from seniors born before the civil rights era of the 1960s.

They still harbor racial resentment towards minorities and Fox News feeds that. Hate sells very well to specific age groups in the USA.

The trouble for Fox is that young people don't have half as much irrational hate for brown skinned people so they aren't getting hooked in. This demographic time bomb is visible with Fox and the GOP in general and its set to blow up on them within the next 10 to 20 years.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frith

Some of it is due to fear and depression from the physical effects of old age, but most of it comes from seniors born before the civil rights era of the 1960s.

They still harbor racial resentment towards minorities and Fox News feeds that. Hate sells very well to specific age groups in the USA.

The trouble for Fox is that young people don't have half as much irrational hate for brown skinned people so they aren't getting hooked in. This demographic time bomb is visible with Fox and the GOP in general and its set to blow up on them within the next 10 to 20 years.

Some points very well made and wonder how much criticism Obama gets around these boards is veiled racism? You can almost see it, especially when posters start the Muslim tangent. The times I have watched Fox because a member cites it as a source or making of a thread, the race card is never far from the tips of Fox anchor people's tongues.

Veiled racism is prevalent across ATS and immediately know the members who harbour such character inadequacies.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Some points very well made and wonder how much criticism Obama gets around these boards is veiled racism? You can almost see it, especially when posters start the Muslim tangent. The times I have watched Fox because a member cites it as a source or making of a thread, the race card is never far from the tips of Fox anchor people's tongues.

Veiled racism is prevalent across ATS and immediately know the members who harbour such character inadequacies.

I don't think it's really about racism. I think now a days (and maybe always) it's about humanities "team sport" mentality. We love to have some one to root for and some one to root against. Foxs 70+ year old audience is used to a time when whites and blacks were absolutely, positively not on the same team. I don't think there is anyone who thinks other races are inferior anymore. I think it's just the fact we LOVE taking sides.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

They still harbor racial resentment towards minorities and Fox News feeds that.

How? Exactly how does FOX news make people racist?
I hear the left claim this but they never show how.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
How? Exactly how does FOX news make people racist?
I hear the left claim this but they never show how.

I didn't say Fox News made people racist. Go back and read what I typed again. Fox News viewers already are racists and Fox News feeds their hate. This is why Fox News isn't pulling new viewers in, because young people aren't racists already.

We liberals term conservative media racist statements as "dog whistles." They don't outright call minorities racist names. They use prejudices against welfare, immigration, minority U.S. religions, and the poor to attack minorities, among other things.

Muslims are the greatest example of a minority smeared in conservative outlets in recent years. If I'm not hearing jokes about "religion of peace" on Fox its attacks on other aspects of Muslims. If conservatives don't want to be considered racist against Muslims then they should stick only to matters directly related to the War on Terror like other outlets and not attack Muslims or their religion themselves.

Or take for example Breitbart.com's smearing of Shirley Sherrod that got her fired from her job. Breitbart media used out of context clips of racial statements against her, which were aired repeatedly on Fox News and other conservative outlets, and she lost her job. When the reality of what she said in full was found out conservative media merely moved on to their next manufactured scandal.

Barack Obama's birth certificate conspiracy was even peddled on Fox News by the likes of Sean Hannity. When Obama finally released the "long form" certificate to quell his racist detractors at least one Fox News employee on air said it was Obama "trying to play the victim card." These are all statements that fuel conservative racial resentment and paint Obama as some foreign usurper.

"Liberal" media outlets, meaning news outlets that don't peddle in the racial resentment of Fox News and other conservative outlets, do not create these types of fake scandals or harp and whine about material like that.

I could probably fill a couple of pages of this material, but I'm just leaving it here. I don't care what you believe anyway. Conservatives cannot be reasoned with as they live in their own little bubble. You're lost.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Fox News feeds their hate. .... They use prejudices against welfare, immigration, minority U.S. religions, and the poor to attack minorities, among other things.

HOW? Is it bigoted to state the fact that tens of millions of illegals are costing this country billions ... or is it simply a fact? Can you give me specifics that show fox is a hate fest and that they aren't just stating facts that progressives don't want to hear? I'd really like to see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join