It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Hmmm, interesting sighting. Doesn't sound like it could be orbital since it made a turn. At 4:30am I would think it would have to be pretty high to reflect light to make it bright, even then if it was military and that high it shouldn't be a very reflective surface.
With that in mind it sound like the light was being emitted by the propulsion.
edit on 29-1-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

sometimes that same light flies in formation with others and the middle light in the formation ewill break off heading north while the other two continue west.

4:30am sounds about right, and yes they do travel very fast. whatever it is we got more than one of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

could be propulsion or it could be something else on the front end.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

you saw the pics of the Russian AJAX in that PDF i posted right?

WIG= weak ionization gas

they ionized gasses in front of the vehicle to move faster threw the air. i wonder what color it would glow?
edit on 29-1-2016 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

mbkennel had a great thread regarding that topic, although color is never brought up in it. I posted some interesting pdfs worth checking out. The thread wasn't very popular for some reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

also for glow I would go with yellowish white candle flame. although the quys I saw lately were deep red. so it still leaves open propulsion or front end for color.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Punkinworks' post made me think of something i have seen three times now. I like to stargaze while having a beer in the evenings, always hoping to see something interesting and never do. The only thing of possible note would be a flash.

Three times now in the last five years or so, always while looking straight up, I've seen a flash, starts dim, goes bright, then dim to gone in about a second. all three times I looked for a while after not to see anything further. All times were clear skies, great viewing conditions. i live in the country and have fairly dark skies, (city is about 15 miles away).

Total brightness by the flash would be that of a strong bright star, not as strong as Venus, but approaching that.

I'm pretty sure its not an aircraft so it's a little of topic. but I was wondering if any of you have seen anything similar and any thoughts on what it could be?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

That sounds like an iridium flare from a satellite. It's going in and out of sunlight and it's reflecting.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What Zaph said, it's a flare of a satellites solar panels. Quite common. You can track their positions and time of flare with online sat. web sites.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

that be a satellite periodically reflecting sunlight in the upper atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Some of the older gen plasma stealth may or may not have had a green glow.

You could use Strontium-90 in a radioactive paint, coat an aircraft and you got yourself plasma stealth, well kinda but you get the gist, I wonder what colour strontium 90 glows??

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber

Some of the older gen plasma stealth may or may not have had a green glow.

You could use Strontium-90 in a radioactive paint, coat an aircraft and you got yourself plasma stealth, well kinda but you get the gist, I wonder what colour strontium 90 glows??
It glows light blue unless exposed to flame. When exposed to flame, it glows bright crimson, instead..

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

See what I was thinking is that you probably couldn't see an afterburner at 100,000 feet so you might see a green light or radiation maybe.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

mbkennel had a great thread regarding that topic, although color is never brought up in it. I posted some interesting pdfs worth checking out. The thread wasn't very popular for some reason.

Strange as it has some good solid work in it..I would say Phantasmic

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi,given the recent NK missile launch and a suggestion in another thread that the Wichita sightings were " a reminder to Russia to behave" does anyone thing that NK need a similar reminder?. If half the craft suggested/discussed on this board and others exist I'm sure (hoping) it'll provoke some rational thought in NK

reply to: B2StealthBomber

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Whaddaukno

Well, Putin takes hints of capabilities.

But norks?

Stimpy is slobbering and staring longingly at the Big Red Sunburn Button.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

So last night I was driving towards Macon GA from Atlanta and saw what to me appeared to be another Green streak dash across the sky heading roughly South-East. Time would have been between 6-7pmish iirc. Anyone hear/see anything related to a certain lady making a house call yesterday?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

She's been seen in that area before.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

For what it's worth, Macon is roughly along the great circle route between Groom and Somalia/Yemen, where things seem to have been heating up lately...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Good stuff!

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join