It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If a stealth fighter crashes into my apartment I'm smart enough to know that who ever owns it probably wants it back or is going to come do something about it being there and to stay the hell away from it.

I dunno maybe I'm too ruthless I guess. But I would consider them collateral at that point. They are in a war zone. More lives could be lost than just those few unfortunate if the technology got into the wrong hands.
edit on 18-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Which doesn't change the fact that you're still an innocent non-combatant. Whatever you would do, isn't what everyone else is going to do. They were civilian non-combatants, and the correct choice was made.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Which doesn't change the fact that you're still an innocent non-combatant. Whatever you would do, isn't what everyone else is going to do. They were civilian non-combatants, and the correct choice was made.

coudnt they just say whoops. we accidentally bombed the wrong target? plausable deniability right?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You're right in the moral standpoint. No arguing that. And it probably would be a war crime.

Why not have a drone circle it and drop leaflets saying "Non combatants this aircraft will be bombed in 1 hour vacate the area." We've done stuff like that before. The fact that they could just give up an Stealth fighter means that we weren't too worried about that tech getting into the enemies hands, implying that we have something much more developed and advanced.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The fact that a lot can be removed in an hour. No matter what there was no recovering or destroying that aircraft. They weren't as worried about it because they already had a new skin ready to be installed that would change things. It still hurt, but they weren't going to blow up a few dozen innocent people just to protect the RAM.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

i agree with what you are saying, but....

look at all the drone strikes in Pakistan they take out whole wedding party's to smoke one or two people.

if one of Americas MOST advanced platforms was downed for what ever reason and a strike option was available i think they would take it, civis or not.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The fact that a lot can be removed in an hour. No matter what there was no recovering or destroying that aircraft. They weren't as worried about it because they already had a new skin ready to be installed that would change things. It still hurt, but they weren't going to blow up a few dozen innocent people just to protect the RAM.

Thats prolly why they didnt exercise what I suggested they could had done then i suspect. Yeah it sounds extremly bad to bomb a are and use that excuse,but we all know its been done before.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The F-117 was shot down in 1999. By June of 2000, the entire fleet was being reskinned with a better, more durable skin than previous ones. In less than 10 years it was retired. Again, yes it hurt that we lost it, but we're constantly moving forward with new skins, and new materials.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

i ment the BBT or similar craft.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i agree with what you are saying, but....

look at all the drone strikes in Pakistan they take out whole wedding party's to smoke one or two people.

if one of Americas MOST advanced platforms was downed for what ever reason and a strike option was available i think they would take it, civis or not.

I saw that episode of Homeland, too....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Thanks Zaph, somehow I get it, I am not a military person, but believe what is out there is not what the media portray, Aliens, with the documentary "mirage men" and the amount of disinformation out there,

These kind of threads have filled so many gaps for me, I just hope one day the MSM will publish the truth, but I guess it would take one of these amazing craft to end up somewhere it shouldn't.

Last 2 questions.

1 - if these craft are mainly USA and UK, why don't Russia, china or Iran etc tell the world, why keep the secret going??
2 - in a rough timescale, in your experienced eyes, how long until disclosure, 5 years, 10, 50??

When they manage to connect a USB to your brain, and download your knowledge, I want a copy!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Short of having some kind of physical evidence, even if they disclosed them, it would be like so many ATS threads. And if they did have proof of some sort it would only serve to highlight the disparity, unless they disclosed their own programs that were similar.

There is at least one heavily used program flying that has been flying 30+ years with barely a hint of its existence. We'll be lucky if these ever even go grey.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

OK,

I'm in the UK (east Anglia) and have seen something, but cannot be absolutely sure it wasn't a normal aircraft,

I guess like everyone, I want that perfect experience, something hovering, in daylight, 20 feet away.....

But all you have to do is check YouTube, for every video with an actual sighting, you have 10,000 fakes or normal aircraft, stars etc

I worry we will never get disclosure, like I said we have good documentarys (mirage men) and people who have worked on these projects going public,

I guess I asked the wrong question, its not when will there be disclosure, its when will the world wake up?

Follow the breadcrumbs.........

Final, final question......

Why was Astr0's final thread shut down after a few pages??? To me it was amazing, a real eye opener, and feel it was cut short, why?

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

"A reaction drive's efficiency as a weapon is in direct proportion to its efficiency as a drive."
— The Kzinti Lesson, Larry Niven.

Methinks this is why "disclosure" has not happened and is not likely to happen voluntarily anytime soon. What if the undisclosed physics is reallllly hard to initially discover but butt-a** simple to implement/engineer (unlike a nuclear weapon)? We've just learned that ISIS/Al Qaeda/insert rag-tag non-state actor here has deployed a gravitic bomb, initial casualties estimated at 250,000...

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yeah, we'd all love that, but the chances of it happening are almost nil. This forum is great, because there are so many answers buried in it by so many people over the years, that you can sometimes figure out what you saw. While it's not as good as something hovering 20 feet away, it's better than never having a clue.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
Love this little gem of a thread, and i know it started over a year ago

(just wish i could have had a PM session with Astr0, before he left)

He (Astr0) might have known some stuff, Zaphod pointed out he had some knowledge that correlated with secret stuff he knew or events.

But also worthy of pointing out his very first posts were quite quite naive consider where he was at the end of his ATS journey which was a shipmate on a BT. Perhaps he rejoined under a new name to laugh at what now seems etched in some sort of ATS folklore that super massive Blac Triangles fly around using humans to process problems and that RK (????) is all of a sudden more than plausible.

I don't want to burst your bubble, we are all capable of making our own minds up and everyone is free to an opinion, I just do not buy everything Ast0 said at the end.
edit on 18 12 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

You're not alone with that one. According to him I have multiple space clones off on interstellar adventures. Wonder how that would work? A bunch of bassplyr clones trolling the engineers on a space ship, telling bad jokes and driving everyone crazy? And what the hell would a guy like me be good for? What they ran out of intergalactic telepathic space janitors or something, needed replacements stat, looked at their roster of conscripts and said "hey how bout this turd to clean turds, he'll be perfect!"

But still there was some compelling stuff said via IM that obviously I can't go into.....

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I am pretty sure Astr0s account was co-opted. It seems likely to me that, toward the end. we were likely talking to a different individual than the original member.

I am guessing he said too much at the beginning, was caught and his account taken over by proxy in order to spread disinformation..

Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

like some sorta damage control.

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join