It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That's because you're not fancified.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bedlam

That's because you're not fancified.

Allemande left, baby.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That "dance" is exactly what we saw over Tucson one night in the early 2000's.

Two lights, nothing special... high altitude planes or sats... moving toward each other from E and W ...meeting over head and stopping for a half second, close together, half a degree apart or so, then whipping around each other as if tethered and released... so that they exchanged positions and then shot off back in the directions they came from.

If they were as high up as they seemed, the sheer g force would've smeared any biomass across the cockpits. One of the weirdest things I've seen.

I've been trying to figure out what they were doing... why that would be a necessary maneuver... it looked like they were showing off... having fun... but maybe one craft ran out of "gas" and was drifting, another craft intercepted, caught and locked it, and then spun it back "home?" The stoppage indicates it wasn't exactly that scenario though ... they would drift more.

But rather vindicating others have seen the same thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Sounds like a slingshot manuver using their gravity manipulation tech o rmaybe a hand off of something.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah, looked like that. Thinking about it, maybe the powered craft matched velocity toward the 'unpowered' one so that when they met, they "stopped" relative to the ground beneath... cancelled out each others intertia... then the powered one did a full throttle burn and slingshotted the other back... the velocities of both as they left the area was amazing.

They were over the horizon in around 5-6 sec.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If the above scenario was what happened, now that I am properly coffee'd, then why not just link and power the craft back to where it needed to go? Why the "sling-shot?"

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

If the above scenario was what happened, now that I am properly coffee'd, then why not just link and power the craft back to where it needed to go? Why the "sling-shot?"

TEsting the capability to do so most likely would be my guess.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Makes me think of what a "sky hook" orbiter might look like when functioning. Maybe an idea along those lines is operational?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
sightings from unusual place

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jackass31

www.youtube.com...

Bugs.....

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

originally posted by: jackass31

www.youtube.com...

Bugs.....

a bug bigger then a watermelon and faster then a cannonball
edit on 13-4-2015 by jackass31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hi Baddogma,
I've seen the dancing slingshot lights,

I posted this within minutes of my sighting.

I just got back from walking the dog, and during the walk I was treated to a nifty little show in the sky .
It was about 9:14 PDT and I was first walking north and I noticed a bright light in the distant NW sky. I didnt think much of at first as it looked just like a plane coming in for approach to Fresno Yosemite International,
I turned east at the next block and it passed overhead.
I would say between 5000'-7000', as it was well above Fresno PD's eurocopter that was making a transit across the city aththe same time.
It was a briliant large white light moving at a medium pace it made no sound and as it passed the light did not change at all.
If it was aircraft landing lights then they would have faded after it passed since they were no longer pointing at me, butg it stayed a brite point of lightas It passed.
It got a few miles down range when you could see and here a small prop driven plane approaching from the south, as they got nearer to each other the brite lit just went out.
Just gone, you could clearly see the green and red marker lights of the small plane as it passed, but nothing were they brite light was, it had no markers.

About 30 seconds later motion to the south caught my eye and what appeared to be a star started to move, the the one next to it started to move, then the 2 lights procceded to "dance" around int the sky.
They did looping orbits of each other for about 30 seconds then went into a figure eight pattern as they climbed towards the north.
After a few more seconds one stopped dead in its tracks while the other dissapered, then the first when speed off to the south west and was out of sight in 5 seconds.

About 10 minuted later 1-2 F16's took off from the local ANG base.
They usually head due west out to there patrols on the coast or out the water gunnery range, well this time they did a hard U-turn(take off is to the west) and headed east. Usually when they head east they take a big southerly loop away from town, this tgime they whipped right around as soon as they pulled up their gear, and headed in the same direction as the first light.

The about 10 minutes ago 2 more F16's took off and headed east.

The sky was cloudless and I AM VERY FAMILLIAR with every thing flying in the local skys and I have seen some "Odd" things moving about the night sky over the years but this was a DOOOOOOZEY.

I hope someone else saw the display.

I tried to get a vid or pic from my camera phone but they were usesless

www.abovetopsecret.com...
While it was happening I called a couple of friends to go outside and watch, but no one was available.
The way the first light went out was odd, it just vanished.
But the the dancing lights were a very interesting thing to see.

edit on 15-4-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So I'm walking home from the corner store after procuring some tasty dryers chocolate ice cream.
The sun just set and it is almost dark, a large 4 engine airliner is headed due south just north of me.
It's leaving a big fluffy contrail and is the only thing in the sky, then a smaller aircraft pulls out of the contrail of the larger jet, it appeared to have been shadowing a short distance behind.
It pulled a hard left to the east and did a near 180 before heading off n/NE and sped off, while the first aircraft continued on.
I've never seen anything like that
edit on 30-5-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

That's pretty neat. Was probably flying just above the contrail and using it to mask the view from the ground. Reminds me of what subs will sometimes do.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Also, were you able to get some details of what the other bird looked like that pulled out of the contrail?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

That's pretty neat. Was probably flying just above the contrail and using it to mask the view from the ground. Reminds me of what subs will sometimes do.

That was my initial thought, it was using the larger aircraft as cover.
No, it was too high and far away to get anything other than it was small and single engined.
And when it pulled away it pulled away hard.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Interception training. There was something else out there that you didn't see. They routinely pull in behind another aircraft under MARSA and train on interceptions. They don't pull up beside them like they would in a live intercept, but they'll shadow them in the overwatch position that the second aircraft is in.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Six is the place to be.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's where the second one stays the whole time. The other goes along side and looks for anything unusual and makes visual contact with the pilots.

Can't do that when you're training on a commercial flight though. That's when they run intercepts on KC-135s or other military aircraft.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sounds like a gas, actually.
"Hi there. And don't pay any attention to that guy you can't see."

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join