It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Three types seems to be the most common rumor. A catch all multipurpose, a straight transport, and unmanned cargo.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I don't think what I saw was meant to carry cargo. I believe it has a mission that isn't mentioned in the previous 3. But I won't go into that. It may fill a classified aircraft/platform niche that the rest of the world (non- US and certain allies) doesn't know about. No, I don't think that secret role is a spaceship.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Is your sightings that you wrote about in the grey area the same as stated in the beginning of this thread?

I am trying to keep all these straight to be honest.

-Triangle super fast and amazing
-Triangle slow and camo???
-The green flame job (gotta reread on that one again)

Missile Defense maybe?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: usafage

No the green flame is a totally different aircraft then what my thread is about. The green flame is interesting in it's own right. But two totally separate craft. You have a better chance of seeing the green flame than the triangle in my opinion. So keep looking up and let us know if you see anything interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yea I understand the green flame is different just kind of listing in my mind the interesting but different craft.

I have mentioned missions before in some of the other threads. Your craft sure makes meeting bear bombers with 22's a dog and pony show lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ch1n1t0
2. He mentions the BT having the capability to restrain a person by inducing an unimaginable sense of pain in the targets head. Something which I'm sure is real thanks to one of the witnesses of this same flying circus.

Not that I know of, although time rate gradients have undesirable side effects on living tissue. And circuitry.

But there ARE a pair of C-130s out at Kirtland fitted out with CARMs, unless they've retooled them since the project.

Think of it as a flying VMADS, on steroids.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Back on the boards I see mate! Good to have ya back

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber

Back on the boards I see mate! Good to have ya back

Thanks. It's good to be back!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

just wanted to say, still reading , need to take breaks because my tiny pea brain needs to sop up what i'm learning.

very good thread

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Interesting point regarding the gradient field... Since the C-130 would cause quite a noise, I take that you're just giving an example with it.

Anyway, would love to hear your take on the location and repeated nature of these sightings (since I didn't mention previously - the area in question is located at the center of Bulgaria when looked on the map, along the Balkan mountain chain). I have several thoughts about it myself:

- The repeated nature of the sightings tells me these would most probably be stationed at a nearby base and there are NATO and US bases around, although they're not that active, as far as locals say. Anyway, it sounds risky storing your most precious tech far away from your HQ... Yet, it's a good idea to keep it close to the enemy but still not a decent enough reason... So am I thining too small? These not being stationed here but simply distance not being that much of a problem? If that's so, comes the second question:
- Why this particular area? And why so far away from home which ends up being much more expensive. And is this a test or an actual mission? I'm thinking tests/drills because there doesn't seem to be a logical reason doing a mission in the area. Once again, though - risky?
- New Moon - lower visibility from the ground. Middle of the week - people are most consumed by their everyday life/jobs/family. No?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Light to keep it from bring seen in cameras and NVG systems.

That made me curious and then I found this.

abstract.cs.washington.edu...
That is a pretty cool idea.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: QuietSpeech

There is a very obvious application: aircraft missile defense.

It's well known that there are infrared laser defense systems on aircraft which disrupt the targeting of heat-seeking missiles. The old generation IR missiles had a 1-pixel infrared detector and some other electromechanical control systems.

Modern missiles (i.e. recent production from US/EU/Russia/China) also have optical imaging sensors, i.e. video cameras, with object recognition. You think all the DARPA R&D money on high-quality image recognition AI [deep learning neural nets have revolutionized the field] & self-driving cars and the like was only to get granny to the market?

In addition, modern missiles have amazing kinematics, range, and off-boresight targeting that they're very dangerous against the unaware pilot. (The Russian R-77 is freaking people out).

So---now how do you disrupt one of those with an optical sensor??

a) you make your aircraft not look like an aircraft all the time
b) shine a bright light into the camera of just the right form

abstract is how to do 'b' right.

Of course commercial phone cameras cost $3 and aren't trying to prevent adversarial disruption. The pro-league game is harder.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

If you go to google earth and search for Graf Ignatievo, there is an Airbase there. Go to top left of airfield and look at second pad from left. Am I seeing some type of aircraft or am I getting paeidoilia. I think I need some sleep LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

If you go to the top middle I see four aircraft. But I don't see any on the left side. Not sure I'm looking at the same pads, but those are the only ones I see. Three clustered together by some trees, and one on what looks like an engine run spot.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

East side of runway, pads are just north of it

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Sorry Zaph, WEST side, I really do need to go to bed LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

I think I see what you are talking about (brownish rust color thing in the upper right side of the pad you are referring to). I don't think it is an aircraft however. It is present in both Google and Bing sat. imagery and hasn't moved, neither does it have any support vehicles or infrastructure any where near it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I can't tell what the one in the middle is, maybe a MiG-29, but the three in the trees look like old MiG-21s.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No idea what the brown/rust thing is. It doesn't appear to be an aircraft. Using Google Maps imagery (no idea if it is the same as GEarth's) I count three Fishbeds at the far north. Just to the south I see a Fulcrum. There are three more Fulcrums on the flight line at the SE corner of the airfield. A bit to the South of them is a Fishbed in sad shape. There are a few aircraft on display away from the flight line as well. There's a Farmer, and several others that are hard to distinguish. There's another Farmer that looks like it might be a gate guard on the South East perimeter.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Using Bing, I can identify a few of the other static displays as a Fishbed on a pedestal. Looks like another Fishbed, along with a Flogger and Frogfoot as well. A Fagot and a Fresco. Still can't figure out a couple of the others.
Where there were only 3 Fulcrums on the flight line on Google Maps, I see three Fulcrums and two Fishbeds along with an array of start-carts. Up north where a couple Fishbeds were hiding in the trees on GMaps, I see a whole mess of Fishbeds sitting out. Looks like a baker's dozen? Noone on the run-up in Bing.
edit on 24-10-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join