It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Distorting regular optics sounds pretty strange. Is it super-bright, e.g. a laser to dazzle them? I don't understand why a certain wavelength would distort optics.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

I think it was inferred that the wavelength of the light is able to distort the images taken by the optics and not necessarily the physical properties of the optics themselves.
As a counter to an image being taken by particular CCD sensors that may be able to dicern the planform or other attributes of the craft.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Exactly. New missiles use an optical tracking system that doesn't rely on any kind of emissions. The light distorts that image so it can't track it optically.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Other things which happen in an imager are integration over frames and noise reduction algorithms, and if you have an adversarial light source with time series properties you might be able to disrupt these if you happen to know the methods & technology of the seeker head.

A Bayer mask on a typical color CCD has two green for every red or blue pixel.

Or if the image might be formed from an intensifier ('night vision') onto a phosphor which is naturally green.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Holy Schnikes. Took me 9 days to read this entire thread and the corresponding links. Good stuff gang for dam sure!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hi! Long time first time.
Has anyone seen this video about Area 51? This is from an interview of an AF official regarding Groom Lake. Anyone have any idea on what that futuristic AC is amidst the the past and current production AC on the shelf? Looks really familiar from one of the LM "What if We Could.." videos..

Hiding in plain sight?

Area 51 video 50:10
Thanks! I love this thread..

edit on 10-10-2014 by Rider because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2014 by Rider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rider

Looks like one of several waverider designs

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Looks like one of several waverider designs

I agree...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi Zaph, in the link provided below, might the third photo down be something like the photo of the aircraft you took a snap of, I was paying more attention to its beak.
strikefighterconsultinginc.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

What's that one right to the left of the AC circled? It looks as if it has downward angled wings?

A real F-302?!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

That's one of the bomber entries it looks like. We may see that flying around soon.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think it looks a lot like a SeaMaster, but it isn't one. It doesn't have a lot of anhedral. I think there is a picture behind the model. What you're seeing is the tail of another aircraft in a photo. A Demon maybe? The first Voodoo? Can't quite place it.

Edit: There's an F-8 or a SLUFF picture hiding behind the C-130 model for comparison. It's hard to tell with that resolution.
edit on 10-10-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You know in that link two posts up in the series of conceptual pictures regarding the B3 entries. I've always found the top picture to be very interesting. To me it looks like it's built for speed not very, VLO as one would expect from a B3 entry.

That long nose looks perfect for generating a pressure spike for enhanced lifting effects at high speed, maybe high altitude. I think that craft in that depiction or one very similar to it may be already flying. I think she isn't a bomber per se but can be used as one.

Just speculating.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Down turned wingtips. Great for trapping air underneath the craft for enhanced lifting effects. Also good for other things/tricks I won't mention.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Maybe someday.... :

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thought this showed promise (conceptual sketch by somebody on a blog) as a good application of down turned wings in a triangle.

Takeoff, climb, cruise, loiter, descend all in one multirole shape ( nature already clocked it-interlocking flight surfaces like feathers anyone?).

Also saw a pic of some General Dynamics iterations that had a downturned wing:

edit on 10-10-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Maybe someday.... :

O NEIL!! iN MY OFFICE NOW!!!!

Lol!! Yeah Mystic id love to see that someday too. ALthough...what if they are partially correct? maybe they took some of the real crafts design and holly wooded it up?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

SG-1's Wormhole X-Treme!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Maybe someday.... :

O NEIL!! iN MY OFFICE NOW!!!!

Lol!! Yeah Mystic id love to see that someday too. ALthough...what if they are partially correct? maybe they took some of the real crafts design and holly wooded it up?

You bet. The real thing doesn't have anything like that much anhedral.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well at least not the whole wing. How bout dial an anhedral. Let the pilot or computer decide how much and for what purpose. Like a MAW but different.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join