It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Somewhere around 15 years ago, I was out back of my parents house shooting hoops around 10 at night when I saw a meteorite break up right over me. It started as a big fireball and then broke into smaller pieces as it came through the atmosphere. It was pretty much directly above me, was not green, and it did not light up the sky at all.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And the signature matches a certain aircraft a lot better than it does a meteor.

Okay, I am now tending to believe that it was not a meteor. And you are right: it sounds like the airplane sort of described in the thread if you pick the pieces apart.

But: It would have to be really big, or that green-glowing "signature" would have to have been made really big (I assume because of how much power was required to pull that stunt off) and the thing would have to have some sort of inertial dampening, like that which you sort of suggested earlier in the thread.

That's what I'm thinkin'.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm open to the idea of high-speed aircraft -- even one using flourine, though I think the disadvantages of flourine are pretty well documented, and noone seems to know where the huge tank farms containing all this flourine for an operational platform are located. I'll buy that people have seen green lit aircraft, and that those sightings possibly represent black platforms.

But I don't see anything in the video that would lead me to believe it was anything other than a meteor. Just me?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

And no one has said it was, for certain, only that it matches how the aircraft appears when seen. And we aren't completely certain WHAT the fuel mix is.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

hoping to see this again to get a better look..
still blown away that after looking up most of the summer it shows up on the news!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
does this mean anything?

In one intercept over the Arak nuclear facility in November 2004, an Iranian F-14 Tomcat tried to lock its radar on to a luminous object, only to have the radar beam disrupted. “The pilot described the object as being spherical, with something like a green afterburner creating a considerable amount of turbulence behind it,” according to the article. The intruder then increased its speed and “disappeared like a meteor.”

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian
HE! HE! HE! HE!

Would have paid to see the look on the Iranian pilots face. If I were the pilot of the "Green Craft" I would have flipped the bird before hitting the juice. Wait, the pilot probably did. "Later Sucker"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"During a weather forecast on Oct 2, a green UFO shot past the news announcer. It was 10:37 PM in Montreal, Canada. The news anchor was oblivious to the UFO, but it was noticed by the camera man and later posted to their news site. SCW"

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: drwire

Yea, looking at that again it doesn't seem like there's any way that's an aircraft.

1) It's way too bright. An aircraft in full afterburner at 60,000+feet would not be that visible..at least I don't believe it would. Assuming those are the kind of altitude this craft would be flying at anyways.

2) If what I recall from reading this thread is correct, that this aircraft is somewhere in the mach 6 range (give or take a couple), then that thing was going wayyy to fast. It was going as fast as any metorite I've ever seen, which would probably be more like mach 20ish.

Maybe I'm wrong, because I've never seen aircraft faster than a blue angel going like mach .99, but I've seen metorites, how bright and how fast they are, and I've seen aircraft flying at 30,000 feet (which are just a spec, let alone at 60,000+) and I can't imagine seeing an afterburner so bright that high up, or a mach 6 craft going that fast from horizon to horizon at any altitude.
edit on 7-10-2014 by quatro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did AIMStar ever get those engines working. If so, would that give off a green glow. Just a wild stab in the dark

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nelloh62
Did AIMStar ever get those engines working. If so, would that give off a green glow. Just a wild stab in the dark

Somebody dropped by a couple of months ago and gave a very big hint: diborane, which I think is the most plausible. That's something which has been studied since the 1950's but had many engineering challenges. It's a high-energy high-velocity chemical fuel, and the exhaust is an unmistakable green glow.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: quatro

The green isn't from afterburners. There are two green lights. One is used to disrupt optical sensors, the other is a result of the fuel mixture. And it can be seen easily from the ground. Reports have it crossing horizon to horizon extremely fast as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Might it be a dual mode ramjet engine burning some sort of boron hybrid fuel

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I came away from the reading left with the impression that the green glow is caused by some "field" that is generated that allows the plane to go very fast.

Did I get that wrong? God I swear, it's like my head just wants to create sci-fi despite myself.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop in and thank everyone contributing to this thread! Finally caught up on all the pages and will be looking up a lot more now. So much interesting information being put forth. Again thank you to everyone adding here.

A few years ago we were in Nevada's high desert and I happened to focus on an orange/amber (could have been yellowish, unsure though due to the amount of desert sand in the air) colored light in the sky. I could not determine the distance it was from us (it seemed close yet far). Traveling at a slow steady speed in a very straight line, and fairly low in the sky by my perception. Being night time I could not make out a shape only the light being emitted. I eventually lost sight of it in the far distance.
edit on 7-10-2014 by LeftKoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2014 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I came away from the reading left with the impression that the green glow is caused by some "field" that is generated that allows the plane to go very fast.

Did I get that wrong? God I swear, it's like my head just wants to create sci-fi despite myself.

I believe the green glow is the fuel burning.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

The fuel mix creates a green light when burned. They also found that by putting a green light on the fuselage creates a glare that blots out night vision gear, as well as distorting regular optics.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Yeah the green glow is from something that gets mixed into the fuel. Can't speculate on whether it has some plasma field to reduce drag.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I see where I got the idea. #SNIPPED# is talking about the phantasm being a trickle-down from the projects that he works on and he briefly discusses the evolution from abalative RAM aircraft skins through "electrically charged" skins, on to "ultrasound" and "light".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He then moves on a few posts later to "what is flying now" and talks about the thins being able to go from ocean-to-orbital in nothing flat and I think I mistakenly thought he meant to Green Babbit when he meant the RK ships.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join