It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is there any news about the NG bird ?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
NG feels that they will have an entry ready in time. They recently pushed for the tax breaks that were given to LM in California to be applied to both teams.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
That mean NG will stay in the contest ?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

They will stay in the contest, I don't know how much of a contest it will really be though.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They're definitely in...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Saw this news article about the ability to manufacture solid "Vacuum Balloons" and it made me think of this thread-specifically claims relating to Lighter than Air Vehicles.
None Brittle Ceramics

The material's ability to be manufactured "on the fly" (pardon the pun) certainly opens up self repair capabilities if you had the space within an Airframe to incorporate a 3D nanoprinter - As suggested in existing air industry promo vids.

I could quite easily imagine a large (75 Metre plus ) "lighter than Air vehicle" which is essentially an armoured vacuum balloon made up of a similar materials as detailed in the article, covered in a superconductor paint that manifests an ionic, low friction event on any fluid surface it comes into contact with.

If you add some quantum levitation- or more specifically "flux pinning" you might have a super fast, high manoeuvrability, low observable, Aircraft Carrier'esque solid airframe with no imaginary science required.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Stumbled upon this paper in relation to Vacuum Balloons:
Paper

Specifically:

"The maximum lift attainable from a vacuum balloon is equal to the
weight of the displaced air. This is the maximum theoretical lift (MTL); in
real cases, the lift will be reduced by the weight of the structure and that of
any residual air (no real "vacuum" is perfect), and actual calculations will
need to allow for non-spherical structures, variations in atmospheric pressure
with the weather, altitude and so on. Nevertheless, it is clear that it is feasible
to build vacuum balloons in which a large fraction of the maximum theoretical
lift (MTL) can be obtained.
Above I have shown that the MTL for a sphere of radius 2.5m would be
around 80kg. Doubling the radius to 5m multiplies the MTL by 8, to a value
of 640kg. With a radius of l0m, the MTL is already over 5 tonnes.
Finally, consider the Graf Zeppelin II, the largest airship built. This ship
had a rigid metal framework and was 803 ft. long, about 250m. A vacuum
balloon with a diameter of 250m would have a MTL of over 8000 tonnes,
comparable to an ocean freighter, and certainly well above the toy range"

8000 tonnes of MTL from a 250M spherical vacuum balloon in a perfect scenario still leaves ample potential for a workable MTL to weight ratio in a none spherical object made up of super light/super strong materials in the real world.

If anyone has the time this might be a fun math problem:

If doubling the spherical radius of a Vacuum Balloon multiplies the MTL by a factor of 8.
What is the size to MTL ratio calculation in a 3 dimensional triangle and at what size would it become "useful" for Humans lets say 10 tonnes for arguments sake?

(Not phrased very well- dont even know how to describe a triangular delta shape!)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58Wow, Im still reading through these threads and just wow. I`d love to see some sketches or renderings of what you guys and gals have seen. Even if it through a PM feel free, I'm starting up research on this topic as well as a few other "WOW" factor bombshells dropped this year and anything could be of help. If I think I found something really good that contributes I will of course post it. But anything shared that is meant to be private will never be spoken of by me.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Check your messages.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That "check your messages" reminds me of the wealth of possibly invaluable info imparted by our mutual "canary" in PMs and his other public postings on the forums here.

As time hasn't brought any information that refutes A-to-the-0's assertions, but rather more supportive elements keep surfacing across all subjects, perhaps an informal thread discussing a previous human high tech civ and it's relation to modern UFO sightings and a possible break away civ could be made... that wouldn't be shut down.

I remain extremely fascinated, despite my reluctance as to the wisdom of it, by the narrative and would love to have it all in one place... where new ideas and data could be added in real time... and the research thread, though great, seems too restrictive (to those of us not let through the gates, that is).

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Is it possible that the aircraft with the green trail was operational a year ago? I saw something very strange leaving Red Rock Canyon SP, in Cantil, CA which is near the China Lake area. In fact, we stayed in China Lake because of car trouble...definitely a weird vibe to that place and was even kind of in awe when driving on towards Yosemite the next day. I'm not implying that it was going to land at China Lake or whatever, but that area isn't too far from the NV border.

It was late, probably after midnight, close to 1:00 am. We went so I could do some astrophotography as the stars there were like nothing I have EVER seen before. I believe it was heading east, going quite fast, with a define green trail blazing behind it. It wasn't so much a large cloud like trail, not at all. I've read this thread a couple of times now and keep thinking about that night.

I'm pretty certain it was not a meteor or something like that. I didn't see an actual aircraft, just the green trail...But, I could be wrong, too. TIA &Thanks for starting one of the most interesting things I've ever read on the internet, like ever, too!

edit on 29-9-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
That "check your messages" reminds me of the wealth of possibly invaluable info imparted by our mutual "canary" in PMs and his other public postings on the forums here.

As time hasn't brought any information that refutes A-to-the-0's assertions, but rather more supportive elements keep surfacing across all subjects,

I haven't seen that second part. Here's what I saw from A*0.

(a) generally informed knowledge about conventional aerospace technology.

(b) assertions about very advanced enormously expensive technology --- mile long spacecraft made from graphene, powered by repeated nuclear explosions. At least conceivable technologically (though not likely 50 years ago), but probably not economically.

(c) And then, even more wild stuff more like a Mass Effect backstory --- ancient aliens who are predecessors/creators of humans, plus discovered artificial intelligence, remote "programming/extraction" of human cognition for useful purposes, and then ET inspired warp drive which was entirely constructed on off-Earth factories.

There's a pretty big leap from (a) to (b) and bigger still to (c). Are you sure the evidence supports (b) and (c)? Maybe there's stuff I've missed flying around in PM's, but I haven't seen it.

As always, I call em like I see em.
edit on 29-9-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It's been flying for at least a year. They're between IOC and FOC at this point. IOC usually requires at least a couple years of flight testing and envelope expansion.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's been flying for at least a year. They're between IOC and FOC at this point. IOC usually requires at least a couple years of flight testing and envelope expansion.

Yeah, that's all Greek to me!

Could have possibly been what I saw that night, if the geography is right anyway...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

IOC is when the aircraft is declared operational, but can't do everything yet. FOC is when it's cleared to do everything.

Like when a new fighter enters service. At IOC it can fire air to air missiles, but can't drop bombs, or fire anti radiation missiles. Once it reaches FOC it can do all that.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We have had a Mach 4 plus recon or strike platform flying for many years now. Lockheed is the obvious builder of it. I experienced this sonic boom from hell as well as the whole west coast of Florida one night.

www.youtube.com... This is the Northrop video people are talking about.

I can not see our idiots in Congress paying for any new plane. Especially with the dumocracts in charge of things.

We need more Raptors, A new stealth mach 3 bomber is no good without nukes loaded, them and their crews sitting at ready alert 24/7.. Something our brilliant leaders do not make our military do anymore. Besides our subs slipping around in the sea we have no response to a Russia first strike. The idiots even went so far as to take two of our Ohio class subs ,removed the Trident D SLBMs out of them and load them with conventional Tomahawks. Tomahawks are great if they will put their nuke warheads on them. But no we cant do that, that will violate a treaty the Russians completely ignore.

I would love to see what Northrop unveils cause it will be something special like the B-2 was many years ago. Since Lockheed got the F-22 and a supper dub recon aircraft for the CIA or fast mover for the airforce, I think its a given Northrop gets the bomber go ahead.

A F-111 replacement while cool, it does not really make sense unless they can make it like the video says. Stealthy, fast as hell but also quiet. If they cant tone down the sonic booms everyone will hear it coming. I cant wait to see what they come out with for public viewing.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

U ment hear it going right?

Just sayin

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

U ment hear it going right?

Just sayin

No, trust me it was an experience lol. Standing next to sliding glass doors in my home and seeing them try to come out of their tracks while the whole house shook was something else. I have heard the space shuttle rip over my house many times at Mach 3 and it was never close to that loud. People from Naples to the panhandle called the news to find out if we had an earthquake and they interrupted the normal programing to calm people down within minutes.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Shockwave is dependent on a number of factors, including airframe shape. The SR-71 at 80,000 feet was just under what is considered a level that could potentially be uncomfortable for people on the ground. The Concorde, 30,000 feet lower was well over that limit.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Once u hear the boom the ship is long gone

At super sonic speeds the sounds trail the air craft by a way

Zaph will correct me if I'm wrong

Just sayin

edit on am920143008America/ChicagoTue, 30 Sep 2014 08:03:42 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join