It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You know what will really piss you off?

My other half knows everything. And she couldn't care less.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I've seen you and boomer mentioned. I laughed. Actually I think I've seen you mentioned a few different places.

I'm starting to dislike you too
Nah, I get it. Just frustrated I haven't dug up anything at all and have spent so much time on it. At least I'm getting exercise chasing these geese.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Nature of the game. I've gone a year without finding anything new, then had a ton of new information flood in.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Don't worry. In this game persistence is everything.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I hope she didn't write that!

I'm going to have to start sweet talking ladies in tractors!

It's funny how little some people care about information others are going crazy trying to figure out. Does she just roll her eyes when you get all excited about something?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

No, she honestly listens and absorbs it. She cares about it because its my passion. If not for that she wouldn't know anything about planes except they fly.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I'm starting to gather that.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Oh that's awesome then! She sounds like a keeper, but you're probably aware of that.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
MbKennel, Zaph, anyone,

Are these plasma actuators able to create high and low pressure zones? ie..could these actuators create say a high pressure zone below a craft (with a lot of juice or a way to capacitate a lot of juice over a respectable time frame) and a low pressure zone above the craft. Creating a positive buoyancy?

Does polarity (or any asymmetry of + & - charge potentials) , frequency (or phasing of, maybe for energy propagation efficiency) or wave form (saw toothed, sine, square etc) variances in the the plasma discharge effect it's interactions with the environment and by extension what it does to the vehicle. Would certain materials or skins enhance this effect or the potential for it?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I don't know the specifics of any boundary conditions, but if you could isolate the plasma to one surface, say the top of the craft, then there would seem to be more pressure below the craft than above it. I feel like that would introduce some turbulence at the boundary. Perhaps the kind of turbulence that rocks a craft back and forth like a leaf... I could see an interesting wave form accomplishing more or less the same thing as well.
edit on 7-8-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm the biggest noob but think this might relate. I may be way off, but remember I'm trying to help!

NASA thing

The Wingless Electromagnetic Air Vehicle (WEAV) is a heavier than air flight system in development for NASA at the University of Florida. The WEAV has been a subject of several patents.[1][2][3][4][5] The aircraft uses electrodes on its undercarriage in order to ionize air, and it then propels the resultant plasma using electromagnets. The high pressure zone created underneath the aircraft is consequently used to create thrust for propulsion and stability.[6]

Ionocraft

The device is a popular science fair project for students. It is also popular among anti-gravity or so-called "electrogravitics" proponents, due to the research of Thomas Townsend Brown, who built these devices in the 1920s and incorrectly believed that he had found a way to modify gravity using electric fields.
The term "lifter" is an accurate description because it is not an anti-gravity device; rather, it produces lift using the same basic principle as a rocket, i.e. from the equal but opposite force upward generated by the driving force downward, specifically by driving the ionized air downward in the case of the ionocraft. Much like a rocket or a jet engine (it can actually be much more thrust efficient than a jet engine[1]), the force that an ionocraft generates is consistently oriented along its own axis, regardless of the surrounding gravitational field. Claims of the device also working in a vacuum have been disproved.[2]
Ionocraft require many safety precautions due to the high voltage required for their operation; nevertheless, a large subculture has grown up around this simple EHD thrusting device and its physics are now known to a much better extent.

I was farting around on another forum and was reading about the B2. Actually it may have been Intelgurl, I can't remember. What I do remember was speculation that the B2 had some tricks up it's sleeves to help generate lift, apart from just the wing and engines. I think there was also talk about ionizing the air coming out of it's behind to make it quieter.
edit on 0720140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Looks like member Bedlam called out Townsend as a fraud. So there's that.
edit on 0720140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

Perhaps the kind of turbulence that rocks a craft back and forth like a leaf...

Hmmm... now where have I heard that before?

Cough..Bedlam..Cough....

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
May this

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I know before you said not much would be going through this area (Michigan's Upper Peninsula), however I did see something interesting last night.

We were having Taco Bell withdrawl, so we drove over to Escanaba. We then went to the Ludington Park to play with the little guy and enjoy our dinner. At approximately 2100 local I spotted something fly from West to East leaving a long, thick contrail. Crossed the sky in approximately 90 seconds. Any chance that was something noteworthy? Or am I just being too hopeful?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Do you guys remember the 2 cell phone photos Astr0 posted in the beginning of this thread? Well I was just poking through a video on youtube, and I found a video that looks like it was shot either at the same place/time that Astr0's was taken, or he took a screenshot from this video. Check out the 3:55ish mark, you can see the lightposts too.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Sounds like the Wyoming bird moved East. Probably doing proving trials over more populated areas.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Besides having a light post in the shot the two are very different in my opinion. The resolution of the video is much lower than Astr0's shots, The light posts are different (Astro's was single light element, this one shows double), Astr0's shot also had a middle light between the three corner lights.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Figures. And I forgot the DSLR downstate... Even though I was reminded to bring it.

Any idea when it might be heading back?

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

If it headed overseas it could be in a week or so. If it stayed within the US, 24-48 hours. Keep your camera attached to your hand.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join