It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Check your messages elsewhere and text me tomorrow

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

probably not. Some one here once said humans a bloody cleaver when they want to be. Take the finest scientists from around the world that money can buy, give them cart blanch and a blank check to run with their personal theories or engineering ideas, dump trillions and trillions of dollars into it. You might get your moneys worth in the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ok, then. I'm good with that. Mankind is ingenious, productive, and when working for a common goal, effective.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

humans can be virtuosos of whatever they set their mind to...with the aid of a S load of money.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Ahh.. gotch ya...doing so now. Will talk tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

War drives advancement. It took less than 15 years to go from this, to this.

WWI ended in 1918, and by 1939 we had this flying. That's 36 years to go from barely getting off the ground, to jet aircraft flying. By the end of WWII there were jets flying all over the place. The Germans, Japanese, Americans and British all had operational jets.

By WWII the first targeted rockets were flying, and shortly after the first ICBMs flew. Once the ICBM was developed, it was a fairly easy step to space. The first rockets carrying astronauts were ICBMs, until they developed actual rockets designed specifically for space flight.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That's the way I've always viewed it. War pushes boundaries in order to gain the advantage over the enemy. Even the space race was a war of sorts, testing the envelope of mankind's limits with a virtually limitless budget.

I think most people most likely think the advancements stopped at the climax of both, that we just kind of plateaued. Obviously we didn't, the uplift just kind of kept on happening behind the curtains.

Logically the UFO movement and ET, and all that kind of stuff works well for the government really, as it is the perfect deflection for what is really going on.
edit on 27/7/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

Exactly. After the war someone realized that they had to keep things quiet to get more of an advantage over any potential enemies, so things just went quiet, but they still advanced at a crazy rate.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sure, war drives advancement, and the need for better tech, to stay ahead of the curve.

Commercial air travel was the recipient of such advancements, and there are like what 24K flights per day in the US alone? People benefit from the tech, in a trickle down fashion.

I'm going out on a limb, and try to extrapolate why we aren't already into space. (Apologies Astr0! I mean commercially.)

Wouldn't the ultimate advantage to be to have space based capability? I'm gleaning from hints in the thread, that the tech is in developement, single craft, but wouldn't the best push be to have orbital re-fueling? A permanent base in orbit, with docking capabilities?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It would be, but it's all about money right now. Until the tech becomes cheaper to produce, and for people to use, it's going to be awhile before we see people in space. And as far as programs like NASA go, the entire reason the Apollo program ended, was the "Earth first" mentality of most people. They don't see the reason, or the advantage to spending millions, or even billions on space, when there are problems on earth that need fixing. So things like the space station get neglected, and the shuttle gets canceled leaving us with nothing to replace it.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

And yet if the Chinese or the Russians started putting men on Mars or colonies on the moon again, I'd suspect the US would suddenly come across the funds to start it all up again....

It's funny though that the cost would be about $145b in today's money.

I shudder to think the price tag on R&D, execution and running costs of one of these things, but my take would a bit more than that. The problem is with venturing into space is you'd have to have some kind of return on your outlay. I don't think 'just for the hell of it' would cut it in today's world.
edit on 27/7/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: keeley

That's the current problem with the Pacific right now. The UAVs with enough range to get to target areas near China and North Korea, and other areas aren't survivable enough to last long. The ones that are survivable and can last long over those areas don't have the range to get there.

That's where air refueling and UAVs come into play and why there is a big push to get UAVs with air to air capability.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It does go back to the money. There's no immediate return in space travel, because there IS so much R&D needed. Here's where I can't swat Black projects in the least. They develope the tech, eat the R&D costs, and come up with the best feasible design.

It's only after that investors will contribute. Only after a feasible and functioning airframe is up and running.

I don't think we'll see a new shuttle program out of NASA, ever. I think it's going the private route.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: boomer135

I found it interesting they creators of the video decided to use T-34 tanks as the enemy combatants.

Pretty much the only countries to use those WWII tanks are in Africa...Oh and North. Korea.

I noticed that, do you think LM are trying to be a little sensitive?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi all first post, I'm amazed by the discussion going on here. I read threads on this site since 2007 at least and this one made me sit out and think a couple of time already. I first came across the one astr0 posted a few days ago and been directed to this one and a few others while reading posts from other peoples.

Peoples that i learned to know and respect with all the great post they made through the AP section witch i didn't knew really well before that because i was more interested in UFO on the Xtraterrestrial side.

For now i would say that i put more credibility in those explanations and i'm not surprised by reading Zaphod when he say that most exotic event seen by peoples could be explained by black projects. I find it personally more interesting to considerate that we are capable of doing such amazing things.

I read a book a long time ago, it was written by a french scientist, Jean-Pierre Petit, and named ''Ovnis et armes secrètes américaines''. It's not in my possession anymore but it was talking about ramjet engines and scramjet engines going on on a plane project with great details and drawing. It talked about the electric thing or plasma thing going on on the leading edges of the plane that put's almost to zero the air drag. (Sorry for not remembering the correct name or description). He was talking i THINK of project Aurora, sorry if i'm mistaken, the plane images were resembling those one that a member showed up on a website some climbers putted on describing a plane taking off Groom Lake.

Anyway it's the first time that i find a thread talking about that in great details (there is another one talking about the idea of it too!) and that's why i want to thank's everybody involved. I will by now search this section before everything else. Sadly i live in nortern Canada and don't think will be able to see that lady come by soon haha but will be looking anyway.

I must say though that this 75% rule sounds good though so it's difficult to separate things from others when you don't know a lot in this subject.

On a final note it would be great if by the years that come development could be more driven by human advancement with cooperation and peace in mind than money and war...!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Light in a vacuum travels at 186 miles per millisecond. We've been able to push information up to the last third of that for a long time, and breaking the final third would be pretty cool. Thought you'd like to know that.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Oh man.

Where is that thread? I need to read that one.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

wow that mentality is horrible.

i dare say that space exploration is responsible for one of the greatest medical inventions ever. NMRI. Nuclear Magnetic resonance imaging.
Yes. Nuclear.

And that's just one among many.

Space exploration spawns so many advances it's not funny.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You're preaching to the choir here. I'm well aware of what space and the military have brought us, and think we should be blowing up space exploration and already be on our way to Mars and beyond, even if its commercial.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1
a reply to: yuppa
Not a rabbit hole.. Easily explainable.

Slender Hypervelocity Aerothermodynamic Research Probe

Read:

www.coe.montana.edu...

ntrs.nasa.gov...

ACtually that tech i mentioned is in use i almost guarantee by numerous black projects. It would not surprise me that the green light aircraft uses some of this tech.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join