It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
I would say operational testing, possibly post IOC, short of FOC.

I would agree on that.

The areas it has been seen over the UK and Atlantic ocean are areas where other platforms have utilised for shake downs and testing.

Its handy to be able to come down from the north in a great big arc.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Tajlakz

That's another reason to go with LM. If they can pull off fusion power, that would be beyond huge.

It's not all that recognized that a good fusion reactor also is a good breeder for Pu-239

www.google.com...

So we're probably not going to see them all over the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't foresee us having any kind of working fusion reactor anywhere for long time...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Didn't anyone else see Tajlakz's video?

5-10 years doesn't seam too long if their predictions are accurate.

edit on 3-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
apparently in 86 the first launch of columbia they saw a black triangle in orbit with them. and of course NASA explains it away with some photoshop. interesting huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

If they saw a triangle, it means that they were "allowed" to see the triangle. If these things are as advanced as I think, you'd never see or hear them unless they enabled you to do so.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
How about this?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It looks like it could be a piece of space debris, or at least that's what the debunkers are going to call it.

If I hadn't seen a triangle myself, I'd probably lean to that analysis. Unfortunately my picture looks like a bug or mosquito flying across the frame

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Can you post your picture? I'd still like to see it. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I'll try and get it up tonight...as I said, EVERYONE (including me) thinks it looks like a bug. I wasn't the only one at the time that saw it either.

I was outside smoking and looking up at the sky when I noticed a stationary black "dot" very high up. It was below the cloud cover, which at the time was probably 3-5k feet. As I watched it, it slowly rotated clockwise from my perspective. This is how I know it was a triangle.

It moved very slowly then across the sky from West to East.

It was so high that it looked very tiny, about 2-3 times the size of a period (.). I frantically was snapping photos with my iPhone 5c and video. I ran inside to get a better camera with optical zoom, but I couldn't find it. My S.O. grabbed an old Samsung point and shoot digital camera and we used that.

We watched it for about 10 minutes, and then I went back inside one more time to see if I could find my other camera again. When I came back out a few minutes later it was gone.

EDIT: The funny thing is, none of the photos on my 5c turned out at all. And out of the 20 or so I took with the Samsung camera, only ONE showed anything at all.
edit on 3-7-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Something just jogged my memory for some reason (don't ask why because my memory is a victim of Random Rabbit). In 2009, we moved to Alabama. We originally moved to above Fort Payne, with a move that followed to the Collinsville area (both are in the NE corner of Alabama near the Tennessee line with Alabama).

When we lived in Collinsville, we decided to go to Walmart in Centre, about 20 miles South of us. Really easy drive, that we had done a bunch of times. This night though, was going to be a lot more interesting.

As I was driving along, I glanced in my outside mirror, for any cars coming behind us. I caught a glimpse of a yellow light in the sky. I thought at first it was a satellite. It came up from behind us, going like a bat out of hell (a lot faster than any satellite I had ever seen), and crossed from horizon to horizon between 60 and 90 seconds, moving roughly N/S.

I came onto ATS, and asked about it, but people a lot more knowledgeable about satellites than I am, and despite several searches, there was nothing that matched up with my description, or that would have been moving as fast as this was, or been as bright.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Very interesting. I had a similar experience, although I was the only one that saw it and I wasn't sure what I was seeing at the time.
It was a stationary object, at what a I could tell, very high altitude (it was a small dot in the sky). Stayed there for some time till I had to direct my attention else where, when I tried to re-locate it I couldn't find it any more. My eyes don't work too well while looking at a bright blue sky so I wrote it off as nothing.
I was located in Southern Taiwan at the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Did it stay the same brightness the during it's transit?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It appeared to, that's what made me think satellite. We were watching for the ISS because the other half had never seen it, but even with her eyesight being what it is without glasses, she had no trouble seeing this go by.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yeah, the ISS usually won't stay the same brightness throughout its transit. It has a peak brightness then dims as it goes into the Earth's shadow. Also the North to South trajectory rules out the ISS.
The ISS does take about the same amount of time to cross the sky but I don't think what you saw was the ISS.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

meteor/asteroid etc??

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Definitely not. I've never seen one stay the same brightness, coming on, what was relative to us, a flat profile crossing horizon to horizon in less than two minutes, without fading out.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Transiting aircraft in full afterburner maybe?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No, I know afterburner. I used to watch FB-111s at night all the time. It's got a blue tinge to it, this was solid yellow, and steady.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The black smudge to the right is on the lens itself, all the photos taken with the Samsung have it. The "bug-ish" looking thing is what we were focusing our attention on. It did not look that blurry or "insect like" in the sky. It was clearly triangular in shape.

My first UFO photo out of approximately 60 photos and 5 minutes of video, and it looks like a bug. Go figure.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join