It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: StargateSG7

THAT might be the real reason WHY so much JP-7 was bought!

How much was bought? When?

at $9.89 (is that a US Gallon or Litre it didn't say?) price
October 2015 looks like 120,000 gallons x 4 purchases
for a total of 480,000 gallons ... Destination: California

had to piece together a number of RFP's I found...

does that help?!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

does that help?!

No.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

does that help?!

No.

I concure no make senso to me either.

Hey stupid but serious question. What would happen if insyead of noz you used boron. If your cylinder heads are like special coated and had the money what would you get a henessey venom to put out. Cause that would be sweet!!! Vroooomm!!!

link   

does that help?!

No.

Is it because 480,000 gallons of JP7 is probably only enough for 10-to-20 flights?

I'm too tired to do the match for fuel consumption so is 480,000 gallons
in a month a SMALL amount or a LARGE amount of JP7 for a test bed...???

edit on 2016/9/5 by StargateSG7 because: sp

link   
a reply to: grey580

It was in one of the books. I'll look and see if I can find it online.

The start cart had a cracked fuel line and leaked gas. They moved the fire bottle and it sparked, igniting the gas, which spread. Most of the guys in the hangar headed for the door, while the crew chief picked up a broom and swept some JP7 over the flames and smothered the fire.
edit on 9/5/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
btw. .... where is krakatoa

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he could shed some light on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I should note that ANOTHER RFP was for a
specialty low-temperature anti-gelling fuel
additive AND an order for JP7 going to Oklahoma
but this was in early 2015 looks like January/February
another 2 shipments of 80,000 (gallons or litres?)
Doesn't say WHERE in Oklahoma!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If we look at the service history of the SR-71's, I think we could surmise that there was a replacement aircraft being developed to replace them and may have had development issues that required the temporary reinstatement of the aircraft, after they had been retired in the first place. The mission for them never really went away due to satellites like the DOD claimed.
I wouldn't doubt that the replacement aircraft used similar technology as the Blackbirds, including the JP-7 and possible the J58's.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Humour me on this, but could JP7 be simply used
a PRIMARY COOLANT in a liquid-cooling-jacket-like
system for high performance jet engines?

Not burned but used in a circulation system similar
to what they use for computer graphics cards
like this:

Example Image of jacketed liquid cooling system:
hexus.net...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Was the special high speed F15 running Jp7?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Does the tr3b use jp7?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Nope.
It uses unobtainium, in a plasma state.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Phage

They ordered more than the X-51 could use, and at least two aircraft currently flying require a KC-135T specifically to refuel them, which means other than JP-8 fuel.

I remember reading a thread a few days back discussing the infamous TR-3B, and a military (not sure if he was Air Force or what branch of the military) pilot recalled a story about refueling. Something about a black backpack and a need-to-know basis for the mission.

The member (I wanna say Boomer-something was his/her screen name) told a story of a refueling mission, in which everything was extremely comparmentalized - such that even the refueling aircraft pilot couldn't 'view' the bird that was being refueled - and there was an agent (for lack of a better term) on board monitoring everything. From conversation between airmen onboard to ensuring no pics or drawings were made to the fact that the boom operator was essentially left uniformed as to what was being refueled. The post, to my recollection, didn't mention JP-7/8 (I'm a novice getting my feet wet in this rabbit hole, so I have no idea of the difference in 7/8 fuels), but I am curious if that member may have, in fact, refueled the legendary Green Lady (not said mission, per se, but if it's a possibility)?It's highly unlikely, but given this thread and their anecdote, it's fun to speculate whether this member unwittingly came in contact with the GL. Again, unlikely, but fun to think about when reading this thread and the many gems that can be found throughout (ALL 122 pages, Lol).

And if my speculation is summarily shot down, can you say if the Green Lady is refueled (in the atmosphere, of course), at all?

P.S. I have ZERO knowledge/background with jet engines, fuels, setups,....basically the whole nine yards, but I've got enough emotional intelligence to read between the lines and avoid asking those "even if I did know, I wouldn't tell" questions.

ETA: Duh, I forgot to mention the serviceman was onboard a KC-135T. Kinda the whole point of bringing up the older post.
edit on 5-9-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: he/she's = his/her

edit on 5-9-2016 by BeefNoMeat because: Brainfart

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Boomer served before the lady's time.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Thanks for the reply

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I heard unobtanium is mixed with adamantium and then spun at near relativistic speeds which of course allows it to have a unique decay signature that includes antigravity waves.

Obviously in a plasma state. Duh. Everyone knows that.

edit on 5-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Yes. Spinning in circles really fast is also important.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Yes i agree. Things spinning fast is a central truth in the explanation for everything.

In fact my room spins in circles...very fast...almost every night. Its not due to unobtanium but at 2.99 for every 24 ounces its cheaper than jp7 and it alters my personal plasma density considerably.

Its kinda like a Bose Einstein condensate. But i think its called a booze ein stein concentrate.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I find that letting one leg hang over the bed with my foot touching the floor helpful.

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join