It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Cause sometimes bad guys get lucky..
List of US losses

January 17 – An F/A-18C Hornet (Bureau Number : 163484) was shot down by an Iraqi Mig-25 in an air-to-air engagement. The pilot (Lieutenant Commander Michael Scott Speicher) of VFA-81 was killed but his body was not found until July 2009.

edit on 1-9-2016 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

No, my fears are rooted in reality. Our fighter fleet is approaching 30 years old. The entire F-15 fleet has problems with the longerons. The F-16 fleet is showing cracking in the wings or bulkheads. Our bomber fleet is made up of primarily of B-52s, the YOUNGEST of which is over 60 years old.

Meanwhile air defenses are improving far faster than our Air Force is.

As for our budget, try actually READING the budget. The majority of that $600B goes to base upkeep, maintenance and fuel, overseas operations, and other than R&D and procurement.

The DoD budget for the 2016 Fiscal Year was $521.7B. Broken down that's $135.3B for personnel, $197.5B for operations and maintenance, $110.7B for procurement, $68.8B for RDT&E, the rest into construction and other categories. That was to cover all branches of the military. Most of the procurement was F-35, LCS ships, and the Gerald Ford.

Our defense budget sounds huge until you actually break it down and look at it. And when you start looking at the status of forces and understanding how badly the current leadership has screwed up, things look a lot different.
edit on 9/1/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

Of course we have. Just like we bought supersonic 747s, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Our defense budget sounds huge until you actually break it down and look at it. And when you start looking at the status of forces and understanding how badly the current leadership has screwed up, things look a lot different.

Not just current. This has been, as you know better than I, a developing issue for the past two decades plus.

The Avenger II. The Divad. The Bradley. Hell, the Beretta/Colt controversy. ...and many another procurement fiasco.

Good money tossed after bad, and even when most of the kinks are ironed out, as with the Bradley, it's still not great.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: StargateSG7

Of course we have. Just like we bought supersonic 747s, right?

===

That supersonic B747 was actually a personal what-if excercise
as a SUSPICION of mine that a carbon composite large freighter
of a design, if not the same as the B747, is at least similar
and may be PROBABLY already in service.

In fact, I went as far as doing a general FOIA
inquiry to the USAF, of which I STILL have not
received any reply to AS OF YET if they had
something planned or already on the books.

YES! I know they wouldn't exactly TELL ME
if anything was on the Black Budget side
BUT I do believe more "White Budget"
line items in some off-hand distributed
report for Carbon-composite supersonic
Heavy Lifter OF ANY KIND even as a
future proposal MIGHT be available!

I at least ASKED and who knows!
The powers-that-be MIGHT actually
come through and give me a whiff
of something new in the pipeline!

---

P.S. Yes! You've already got it ........... ;-) :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't need to read the budget to know its a total bloated disaster.

Our military program is so big and bloated and complex that its like living in a 100,000 sq ft home in beverly hills and you can't afford to renovate the dining room because the shear maintenance bill is too much to handle.

We need to cut about 50% of the garbage, the 200 overseas bases, and then we could have the money to have top-of-the-line equipment.

But we can't have it with the enormity of it all.

Either we scale down the giant blob and re-tool a smaller more lethal, and agile force, or we don't.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain

I don't need to read the budget to know its a total bloated disaster.

Our military program is so big and bloated and complex that its like living in a 100,000 sq ft home in beverly hills and you can't afford to renovate the dining room because the shear maintenance bill is too much to handle.

We need to cut about 50% of the garbage, the 200 overseas bases, and then we could have the money to have top-of-the-line equipment.

But we can't have it with the enormity of it all.

Either we scale down the giant blob and re-tool a smaller more lethal, and agile force, or we don't.

Or we stop with the humaNItarian aid and global outreach(IE pay off and bribe people to like us) that will save alot of money.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The reflection on the front of the Wichita triangle stay a mystery, sun reflection ? or something else? May be its a reflection with the color of the plane if it's gray with the sunlight in altitude it can produce a white light.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
The reflection on the front of the Wichita triangle stay a mystery, sun reflection ? or something else? May be its a reflection with the color of the plane if it's gray with the sunlight in altitude it can produce a white light.

Well lensing might be responsible.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think so sometimes we search response and the simple way is the real answer.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, the front leading edge of the wichita bird.

Actually its blue paint.

It helps break up the profile of the plane so its harder to see if youre doing straffing runs with a fighter on it. And it also throws off missiles with optical sensors. They just see blue sky cause the paint and they loose their lock on. Every little bit helps.

Also, its the same color as the paint used on air force one😮

But its not really airforce one its the successor to speckled trout....smoked trout.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Look, this thread is 118 pages and lets face it, nothing has been learned here. Nobody has come up with any conclusive ideas or evidence for what it is nor do we know if this sighting even happened. Not one shred of evidence that this even exists.

Pointless to continue it, close the thread!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You don't get to make that decision. If you don't like the thread simply stop reading it. No one is forcing you to participate.
edit on 9/4/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Let our pleasure if we want to speak 118 pages on the same thing, how can you have the real answer when all is classified ? Surely the Wichita is highly classified , the B-21 is highly classified , Green Lady highly classified. Do you really think that you will have the real answer on a public web site ? Some guys on this forum ( I higly respect ) give us some little informations you will not find anywhere and its enough to have good time on this forum.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What doesnt exist. The wichita bird....that they have a photo of. Or the green lady who many members here have observed?

Either way i question your reading comprehension skills. Furthermore, your troll attempts at goading members gets a D- grade.

Look if you want some disclosure about the green lady here it is. We dont like to talk about her cause we were wrong in our initial assessment of her mission.

Turns out the green lady isnt lockheed or even american. Shes chinese and shes not even military. You know the chinese they like to do it big.

One of their dignitaries came over on a diplomatic visit and experienced panda express and americas take on authentic chinese food. Insulted he flew in to a rage and vowed that china will get into the business of express truly authentic chinese food delivered per order from china directly to your house in america and in only 90 minutes. The chinese are smart and recognize the unprecidented business opportunity to corner the chinese delivery fast food market. Especially since after their failure infiltrating our economy to undermine it with PF Chang's
edit on 4-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is why we need a review process to restrict people from certain sections if they do nothing but constantly try to bring down a thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Agree

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Another time with China, in fact they take all the good ideas
But I prefer the green color in the USA hands

edit on 4-9-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Originally I wanted this to be a US bird, but the thought of authentic Chinese in minutes.. I may reconsider my wish.

Winter

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain

nothing has been learned here.

No, just you haven't.

Nobody has come up with any conclusive ideas or evidence for what it is nor do we know if this sighting even happened. Not one shred of evidence that this even exists.

Are you sure? I think you need to re-read this thread from the beginning.

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join