It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology {PEW Research Report just out}

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I just wish they could have delved more in the the minutiae of each group, especially the center that doesn't seem enamoured with either party. I would think that one of the things would be to find the commonalities of the the center part of both the Democrat and Republican wings, I would venture to say there is a lot of room for the right third party candidate/party to make a run for it. For example, both the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street, while vastly different, still had some commonalities with each other that if each were to focus on those, they would be a force to be reckoned with.

THANKS for your kind words and very meaningful replies.

Those are certainly very valid and interesting research issues and questions.

It may be that PEW has done work in those areas. I haven't visited their website in a while beyond this one doc.

It would not surprise me to see the oligarchy sponsor and push a conservative 3rd party to splinter the conservative vote and insure Hillary's installation . . . though I'm sure they are very much a "It doesn't matter who votes; it matters who counts the votes." sort of group of evil leaders.

I'd be happy for an authentically conservative rational candidate . . . IF the research demonstrated a SOLID capacity to win well above any margin for error.

However, then, the candidate would likely be killed off by the oligarchy . . . or somehow controlled and manipulated to their ends. They don't really allow anyone in the power chair UNLESS the person IS controlled by the globalists.

Those issues were just outside the scope of this poll.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

We, who believe that liberals inspire positive altruistic change, consider folks like you to be regressives who think the past is the ONLY prolog.
I know of NOTHING that the conservative haves introduced that made lives better.
I will concede that my leftist ideology has stretched the bounds and sometimes needs trimming. That has not been true for many decades. All I have seen of the 'conservatives' is them looking into the rear view mirror and trying to turn the car around by screaming at the driver(s). Why aren't you listened to?

Because we don't think the past is our destination. Progressives want to change things for the better. The past has never been better than the future. That's why the future is bright and the past is for the dead of spirit and mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

We, who believe that liberals inspire positive altruistic change, consider folks like you to be regressives who think the past is the ONLY prolog.
I know of NOTHING that the conservative haves introduced that made lives better.
I will concede that my leftist ideology has stretched the bounds and sometimes needs trimming. That has not been true for many decades. All I have seen of the 'conservatives' is them looking into the rear view mirror and trying to turn the car around by screaming at the driver(s). Why aren't you listened to?

Because we don't think the past is our destination. Progressives want to change things for the better. The past has never been better than the future. That's why the future is bright and the past is for the dead of spirit and mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Ummm...Wow...I guess I'm a "young outsider".....whoda thunkit.....No gene ravaged sanity flight to either shallow fringe........."thank you Jesus"...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

That's an interesting commentary.

My perspective is that the "progressives" are the REAL REGRESSIVES--regressing the world all the way back to Babylon

including

--baby sacrifice on the altars of Molach/convenience

--genocidal depopulation strategies, methods, operative plans and projects

--rampant personal irresponsibility . . . including . . . if it wiggles, have sex with it any where, any time, any way.

--there is no right or wrong--if it feels good--do it . . . to blazes with the consequences.

--no commitment of any lasting significance in most to all relationships.

--temporary surface appearances are everything--to blazes with costly, risky depth of intimacy and relationships.

--PREACH that the environment is supreme while horrifically trashing every mass meeting venue attended by mostly liberals.

-- . . .
CONSERVATIVES, healthy ones anyway, on the other hand . . .

ARE DEMONSTRABLY FOR:

--Marriage, commitment, family, children are super high priorities to be cherished, protected, supported, encouraged, enhanced at almost all costs--for the good of the individuals and the good of the culture and society.

--Have built thousands of schools and hospitals around the world--donated.

--Have donated thousands of water wells and other community building projects in the poorest of the poor regions around the world.

--Were the foundation and/or backbone of higher education in this country and the world for 100's of years.

= = =

But, hey the globalist propaganda neuro-linguistic programming mass mind control brain washing memes, strategies and methods ARE VERY EFFECTIVE.

The Morlachs, the Pied Pipers . . . and consequently the Eloi and the lemmings all attest to that--some cheeringly and the sheeple, Eloi and lemmings as they meekly shuffle off to their doom.

Certainly the globalist oligarchy are exultant proud of their successes in selling your perspective to the masses the last 60 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Conservatives tend to think that

1. We don't need to throw the baby out with the bath.
2. We don't need to reinvent the wheel.

3. We don't need to trash what was functional, productive, efficient and good.
4. We don't need to apologize for what's honorable, righteous, productive, life-enhancing.

5. We don't need to pretend that we know everything--even more than God.
6. We don't need to act like we are the supreme priority for 100's of miles around.

7. We don't need to throw a partner or spouse or family aside just because we decided it was time for new wallpaper.

8. We don't need to need to be quite so addicted to distractions to avoid facing ourselves and our responsibilities to our loved ones.

9. We don't need to addictively focus on sharing about DANCING WITH THE STARS because we are too afraid and stubborn to vulnerably share ourselves day in and day out with those we love and are committed to.

10. We don't need to suck our thumbs and blame those on the other side because welfare didn't get us a big enough flat screen TV.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join