It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Thats absurd. Any interest is in sports beyond a simple pass time is a sign of decay.

I hate watching soccer. I LOVE working in sports bars during soccer games. I got a part time in a mexican sports bar recently for the world cup games.

I was a bartender in Spain during Spain´s victory last world cup. I will be a barman in Mexico for Mexico´s victory. (They will win this world cup, calling it now)

It really is an experience worth living. As far as the game, I could care less.

edit on 6 27 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
People should stop giving this soul-sucking harpy, Coulter, any attention.

She's the bitter, shrill type that feeds ignorance simply out of fear. Worse still, she's a bully and one day she's going to write a check with her giant man hands that her big horse mouth can't cash.

There. Take that Anne Coulter.
The internet says log off.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

She's the bitter, shrill type that feeds ignorance simply out of fear. Worse still, she's a bully and one day she's going to write a check with her giant man hands that her big horse mouth can't cash.

Best post in the thread! LOL

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

But....but....but....she's one of the funniest things on the 'net1!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Hmmm. Could it be that this the real worry? That if this becomes wickedly popular then how will networks be able to carry it without the money from commercial sponsorship?

That and the enormous sums of money put into American sports pastimes. Stadiums, gear like padding and helmets, medical industry for injury, TV and ticket proceeds. Football is a monster compared to soccer.

With soccer all you need is a ball, guys in T shirts and some ground.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Bless her heart...does she have nothing else to b**ch about? My lord she goes too far but then she is a publicity whore.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

She forgot to blame Obama, I mean how could she forget?

Isn't ALL of America's woes Obama's fault? Everything from ED to potholes are of course Obama's fault.

Obviously she's not conservative enough. If she was a "real" American she would know that not only will soccer destroy this nation, but it's the Obama administration that's at the heart of it all.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't want to re-ignite the 'who's got the biggest dick' argument, but......

For the record - its called Football not soccer.
Only people from the USA call it soccer.

What you call 'football' is in fact a variant of hand-egg ball.

And yes, the vast majority of modern footballers are complete wankers.

Against Modern Football

www.distantecho.co.uk...
www.facebook.com...
www.standamf.com...

As for Ann Coulter.....she's an idiot - we all seem to have more than just a few at present.

And another slight aside - people can't see the irony of people complaining and moaning about the influence of a game of European origin in the USA - your whole society and culture owes almost everything to Europe....including your games, (which I've got to say I personally don't mind watching).

Apologies to any Native Americans out there, or whatever the correct PC term is nowadays.....I'm aware of your cultures and history etc, but I hope you understand the point I was trying to make.

edit on 30/6/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sorry nothing to say other than this woman is off her head.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If you are ever having trouble sleeping...watch soccer...extremely boring game..

Fun to play..but dull as hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What a crazy thought. Soccer is a very intelligent sport, maybe the most intelligent in the world. It's math, tactics, philosophy, technique, creativity, physical and psychic strength, team spirit, ... all together. You have to use every muscle in your body, and every neuron in your brain. You have to think in advance, you have to think for yourself and in the same time instead of your team mate and your adversary.

If you think selfishness, egocentrism and personal fame has to be a men's strength, you have the right to think so, but in my opinion you let the animal in you do the thinking. People are not only animals. Most animals can win from a human being is most sports that you probably call sport, but not in soccer, no way.

People that only think about themselves cannot break out of their own small world and will never be a good soccer player. They may be good in running or in another individual sport, but not in soccer.

And btw it‘s not about scoring all the time, it’s about much more than that, but that’s a long story.
Fact is that great soccer players are gifted people with an IQ you only can dream of (no offense or maybe you are gifted too … I’m sorry then).
How can soccer be boring when tens of millions of people are passionate about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra

... is a very intelligent sport,

No such thing. Every sport has some element of tactics, strategy and playing the percentages but in the end every one of these allegedly intelligent facets succumbs to dumb luck. You practice and plan and recruit players with certain skill-sets for certain positions to stack your odds against dumb luck but it's still dumb luck.

All of these 'intelligent' pursuits be they sports, card games, board games, politics, whatever, can be understood and theory mastered in a few hours or days. What makes them remain interesting after all the theory is understood is that element of dumb luck. Which card you draw at what time, what way that one defender happened to be looking when you were in a position near enough to a hole, what the temperature was the day of the primary election.

I hear it from fans and sports snobs all the time how their particular interest is for "smart" people or how non-fans just don't "get it" but it's all bull.

If you like something that's fine. Good for you. I look at it like religion. It must be nice to have that faith and sense of certainty. I just don't have it. So enjoy it as much as you can. Just don't try and make the non-believers (non-fans) feel bad for their alleged lack of intelligence or understanding.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

lol, so if an American starts to like one of the most popular games in the world, it is the downfall of morality?

WTF?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Come on guys, are you for real? Clearly she is trying to be humorous, albeit fairly poorly. But it's no sin to be unfunny (and most of these columnists are no better).

She is trying to be self-deprecating, like a baby deer taking it's first steps. We should encourage her.

Stop being lame you guys. Come on.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ann Coulter is clueless, but so was Obama when he recently said "America could win the World Cup".

Libs and Cons...the most clueless people around.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

:-)

star for the whole post

extra stars for soul-sucking harpy

I needed the laugh

Whether it was tongue in cheek or not - she means what she means. Funny - it's come to this - now we have to fight about sports too

edit on 7/2/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Subconsciously Coulter probably hates soccer because its yet another area in which America is not "number one"...and won't be during our lifetime.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
As a former Soccer player at a select level during the 80's. A FIFA qualified referee, I took the international test, or whatever it was called, but never officiated a game at that august level. I've also coached at a select level not all that many years ago...

I am, not to put too fine a point on it... A fanatic.

Arsenal. The Gunners rock. Bayren Munchen (sp?). ...and my faves, the Seattle Sounders.

...and I have every world cup game on DVR. I luvs me some ESPN.

Ms. Coulter?

edit on 7/2/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
If you are ever having trouble sleeping...watch soccer...extremely boring game..

Fun to play..but dull as hell.

oh man I can't sleep during soccer...it's like a divine chess match

but I am also boring as hell

As for Anne Coulter...she's a douche...a super mega douche

Oh hey Anne if you are reading this? My great-great grandfather was born in America and I watch Soccer...so yeah

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
...the far right is getting stupider and stupider!

I am not close to being on the far right but I waver back and forth on what is a more boring sport to watch, soccer or golf.

No, it would have to be NFL - someone runs with a ball, gets tackled then everyone stands around for a minute or two, they show a commercial and then they repeat the process.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join