It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's moral decay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Awwww...poor Ann wasn't getting enough attention.

She cracks me up.

while it cracks you up, the rest of your neighbors giving her thumbs up. Next thing you know, your house is burnt or you will have to humiliate yourself by supporting them against the threat of being dabbed a traitor.

cheers)))

Omigosh. Chill. She's probably just got a new book coming out and needs the publicity.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Of in soccar there is someone to blame!

THE REFEREE!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Uh huh. For you and Stu:

Really no comparison when these guys take these hits and football(soccer) players roll around on the ground like they were shot because someone happened to be in their area.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For what 100+ years the sport of Americans was FOOTBALL.

You know Ma,appie pie, and Washington team that just lost it's name.

Now it's 'soccer'.

Moral decay ?

Yeah.

This nation has become a nation of pansies.

Place your bets between a Football player, and a soccer player ?

$50k on the football player to win in the game of 'fisticuffs'.

What dripple and rubbish

Spot fads change.

It just sport!

Plus American football isnt dieing off just cause the US has done well in soccar lol

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Blah.

Canada has hockey.

The Uk soccer.

America it's FOOTBALL.

To each their own.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

American Football..........the "Health & Safety" version of Rugby.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I care about everything ann coulter has to say

SAID NOBODY EVER.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As someone raised on "American" sports, an NCAA baseball player, and an avid NCAA football fan . . . I always get a kick out of listening to the average ignorant American discuss soccer (or futbol). Most of the criticisms don't make any sense and reek of "American exceptionalism". Criticisms coming from the same mouths that think 40 backwoods hillbillies turning left for 3+ hours is a "sport".

First the length . . . At max, a soccer match lasts 120 mins. That's adding 5 mins of stoppage time to each half and half time. The clock doesn't stop and there are no "t.v. timeouts" or in game commercials. Compare that with baseball at 3-4 hours. Football at 3+ hours and t.v. timeouts constantly interrupting the game. Golf for 6 hours a day over 4 days. NASCAR . . . who cares. NHL at least 3 hours. etc. etc. Basketball is the only thing that compares to lack of time played/televised, unless you are talking about the NBA playoffs where they squeeze in any commercial they can.

Second . . . low score. How many times are we told 1-0 "pitcher's dual" or some SEC/Big 10/NFL 9-3 defensive snooze fest or NHL 1-0 offensiveless game is a "classic" and shows great skill and two "evenly matched" teams. Yet, a 1-0 soccer match is the reason no one can get into it. Xenophobic hypocrites.

For my money . . . I'd much rather watch a soccer match (t.v. or in person) than MLB, Golf, NASCAR. I can't stand the NFL on t.v. with the continual commercial interruptions. NBA has been impossible to watch since I left my teens behind. NHL is only entertaining if in the arena and there are multiple fights. Even NCAA football can drag on when viewing on t.v., if broadcast on ESPN of FOX with their incessant t.v. timeouts.

I think the biggest problem with 'muricans, is they think their "games" are best 'cuz this is 'murica . . . several posts in this thread and that Coulter tranny prove that.

ETA . . . I also find it funny that someone from Canada is cheerleading the NFL in this thread. What's wrong . . . the Stampeders or Roughriders not cuttin' it for ya?
edit on 6/26/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

American Football..........the "Health & Safety" version of Rugby.

Go ahead. Play rugby like they play NFL football and see what happens. The speed and size. There wouldn't be a league left after 2 seasons.

link   

Blah.

Canada has hockey.

The Uk soccer.

America it's FOOTBALL.

To each their own.

Actually, the UK and the rest of the world have football.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Blah.

Canada has hockey.

The Uk soccer.

America it's FOOTBALL.

To each their own.

Buts fads change,

Football may change.

Its a fact of life.

Its not a sign of moral decay just life.

They werent playing football in 1776. Sports come and go.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No one is comparing NFL to Soccer for "big hits" - as if that is also a measure of a game - so fail to see the point of your comment there. I totally agree with you about some of the nonsense that goes on with faking injuries, but that is actually quite rare in the grand scheme of things and mainly comes from the South American nations.

And most of those "300lb" chaps in the game are just lumping great fat bastard linemen - most of the teams come in quite a bit below this mythical 300lb mark - it isn't 300lbs of muscle, a good chunk of it is fat from the 8,000 calories a day they are told to put away by their teams. There is a reason most go on to have related health problems owing to their weight and why their careers are short. Hardly "athletes", it's no wonder they have to have so many breaks.

Compare that to the average weight of the England Rugby squad this year (17 Stone) - that is 234 Lbs and they are all very fast, very fit and very well-built men hitting each other with no padding. Your assertion Rugby is only played by "collegiates" shows you haven't really looked into the game.
edit on 26/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

There isn't actually that much difference in "size" (someone might think you're obsessed about size here......)

In fact, the average weight of teams in NFL and Rugby is pretty much the same, only slightly higher (20lbs or so) in NFL owing to the large lumps in the line bumping the average up.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would like soccer if it were less pansy.

I grew up playing hockey so I like the rougher stuff, there's my bias.

But wincing for a minute because you fell over by accident is just the worst. Take it like a champ and get up....

Makes them look like a bunch of wieners out there.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Soccer is big in the world because so many live such a sucky life that even that game seems like the best thing going compared to everything else in their life.

Rugby is ok, but it it not that physical other than punches, bites in the scrum. I would say soccer is more physical.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I said the "average" weight. Linemen are huge. Kickers tend to be lighter. But size matters. A lot of QB's are of the 250 range now. RB's have been there forever. WR's are getting there. Hell, the Raiders kicker is almost 270lbs. And that's a light position.

In just find the "world" view on this shortsighted and petty. Why? Because the NFL is a US entity?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Like I said, depends on who your watching. North European or African players are not known for it, but the South Americans and the Mediterranean lot do it is a matter of course - must be something to do with the Sun...

In the English Championship, the games are very physical and you hardly get any of the Oscar winning performances you get from Brazil when they're playing.

I used to play "soccer" and Rugby as a lad and I sustained far more injuries in "soccer" than I did playing Rugby, mainly down to sprints or turns going awry and tearing a muscle or ruining my knees.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Soccer is big in the world because so many live such a sucky life that even that game seems like the best thing going compared to everything else in their life.

Rugby is ok, but it it not that physical other than punches, bites in the scrum. I would say soccer is more physical.

Wow. That is an own goal in the intelligent debating game.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Go ahead. Play rugby like they play NFL football and see what happens. The speed and size. There wouldn't be a league left after 2 seasons.

Of course not, all of the NFL players would be dead from exhaustion long before the 2 year mark.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker
I would like soccer if it were less pansy.

I grew up playing hockey so I like the rougher stuff, there's my bias.

But wincing for a minute because you fell over by accident is just the worst. Take it like a champ and get up....

Makes them look like a bunch of wieners out there.

Well . . . we can test that theory?

We'll each put on shin guards and you run full speed at me . . . I'll kick you with my shin, just below your knee cap or step on your ankle with cleats or cleat the side of your knee with a strong tackle and we'll see how long it takes for you to "take it champ"?

Then . . . we can put on skates full padding and stand toe to toe and trade punches and you can hip or cross check me into the boards. No stick play or skating over my neck though . . . no weapons or sharp objects to use in soccer.

(just kidding though . . . at least you can take a swing at someone in hockey . . .
)
edit on 6/26/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join