It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Tornado's in 2014 More Severe than in past years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is there any data out yet that reflects whether this years Tornado season is more severe than in past years. It sure seems like to me that this year has been especially bad and tragic.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Are Tornado's in 2014 More Severe than in past years?

No.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No, It just seems that there is more awareness on the issue

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nope.

2014 Tornado Season Statistics

Most relevant chart from that page indicates that the 2014 count so far is one of the lowest in recent years:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A couple years ago when all those tornados hit the southeast was one of the worst I remember and a lot worse than this year.

Although I bet its one of the worst years in Nebraska's history for tornados. There sure has been a lot there this year

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No, not even close.

I'm not even sure there's been an F5 this year like there has been in past years.

They just need you to think that to support Obama's new Global Warming push because we've been promised more and worse storms.

Expect that anything that even approached a named storm in either ocean will be treated like the Harbinger of DOOOM, too, whether it actually is or not.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: demonid011

It has actually been pretty quiet this year.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yea, I live in Illinois and we haven't seen too many tornados around here. Also, in the news it seems to be rather quiet. Severe storms here and there, but not a lot of crazy twisters like past years.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No I doubt it. Think about this, up here in mn we average about 20 tornadoes a year, in 98 in my area we had 25 in one day over a few hour period. I haven't seen weather like that here since then.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

yeah it just occurred to me the other day that tornadoes seem to be larger and occurring at a faster rate then what I can recall.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You have to realize its cyclical. It has been up and down, bad and good, destructive and not-so for hundreds of thousands of years.

What its doing is absolutely normal. It may be a bad few years we are noticing...but not when you look at it like we should. Same with Hurricanes, earthquakes, typhoons, monsoons, cyclones, floods, ice ages and warm spells (warming periods).

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Larger like how the biggest I have heard of was an F-6 many many moons ago. The fujita scale only goes to F-5.
Wait I just remembered they changed it to the EF scale (enhanced fujita). So maybe they did intensify a bit more. Im not sure why they changed it really.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
No. 2011 was the most severe since the tri state tornadoes or Palm Sunday. This year is very mediocre. I think it may seem bad because of the amount of news coverage. Like saying earth quakes are more numerous when they aren't. It's because more people are in the area.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They seem to be getting more common here in Europe. We did have at least 2 this summer, there were also tornadoes in Serbia and Turkey.

top topics

join