It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip-Hop why the hate? My issues with Hip-Hop

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

But his music is great

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion

originally posted by: Lynk3
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I do because I appreciate music and in every music thread, the genre is shot down and spammed with metal videos instead of people who appreciate the genre adding to the pool of that particular thread's focus. In this case, there should be people trying to redeem hiphop and counter the bad reputation it has. This is not a metal thread and the excessive posting of metal is technically off-topic.

If there were even 3 mainstream rappers like him, I would be one of its biggest fans.

And there in lies the problem.

If you were to search quality hip hop music via the mainstreams you could end up spending your whole life searching for something that will never be there. The great hip hop music has gone underground and it's going to stay there. I hate that fact but I've come to terms with it.
The hip hop music I listen to is always one that builds you up, helps you grow as a person and says relevant things that actually speak for you , your life and your situation right now. I listen to songs that tell a story and operate like a short-film.

Hip hop music is my super power.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Thy Art Is Murder's first album Infinite Death maybe the darkest, filthiest, sickest, most violent album of all time. Their first vocalist, who did their first album, ended up going to prison. He was a truly a psychopath. Thy Art is Murder is a Deathcore band from Australia.

WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC AND SICK LYRICS:

I am also a huge Deathcore fan!

<< 1  2   >>

join