It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need life advice. Inspire me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Please I find life very mundane, tedious and depressing.
Give me something inspiring whether it be life advice, spiritual advice, a quote, religion, philosophy, book, film or thing to do

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeChakra

When the darkness (in consciousness & behavior) grows the LIGHT* (in consciousness and behavior) MUST get BRIGHTER...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeChakra
Give me something inspiring whether it be life advice, spiritual advice, a quote, religion, philosophy, book, film or thing to do

Drink more water, get off sugar and animal products, and more .... anyway, here is the bottom line of how insanely lucky you are: of all your father's billions and billions of sperm, you survived, and if you are an only child, only you survived. Of all of your mom's hundreds of eggs (exactly how many does a woman have?) you survived. Make the most of how lucky you flippin' are, given those odds me bucko.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Have you seen The Power of Myth series by Joseph Campbell? Very inspirational. Here is episode one to get you started.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Keys to life-existence
This may or may not conflict with your presently held beliefs, if it conflicts with your present belief system, then you need to evaluate what beliefs you hold onto, and simply let go of the ones that no longer suit or serve you. I will also be pulling data from other sources here, and will try to reference them when cited.
_________
Definition: Golden Glow: A very good feeling in the middle of the chest. The love we hold and carry for our loved ones (children, parents, lovers, husbands, wives, family). A very powerful excitement with a central focus in the chest area/heart chakra. It feels like: love, ease, excitement.
_________
First: The lesson here is self explanatory.
The Mayonnaise Jar Lesson
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day is not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and two cups of coffee.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him.
When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and fills it with golf balls.
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured it into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous “YES”.
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.
“Now,” said the professor, as the laughter subsided, “I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things - God, family, children, health, friends, and favorite passions. Things, that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the things that matter like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else -- the small stuff.” he said.
“If you put the sand into the jar first,” he continued, “There is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you...” he told them.
“So... pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Worship with your family. Play with your children. Take your partner out to dinner. Spend time with good friends. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the dripping tap. Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.
The professor smiled and said, “I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.” So, focus on the family first, and that love and joy that comes with it.
Second: All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks
Okay, at first this seems counter-intuitive to what we are “taught” in life. It also goes in hand with “God created us in his image”. You are a soul with a body, NOT a body with a soul. Your soul is who you TRULY are, not that beautiful genetic space suit you run around interacting with the 3rd density/4th dimensional reality. In this physical reality, everything seems real, but it isn’t, it is nothing more than energy at a very slow vibration. In fact everything is a vibration; our language is based on this. “I don’t like his vibe”, or “she is quite dark” (again light is a vibration). The “Golden Glow” that I mentioned is a vibration. You can control your own vibration, and feeling the Golden Glow is a sure fire way to raise your vibration. Above in the quote, Bill states that we are all one consciousness. Yes, we are, sourced from the Prime Radiant; the “God Particle” (Higgs boson) that makes up everything. There is no such thing as death, because the soul cannot die. We are the imagination of ourselves; well, this fits nicely with manifesting. Your soul (the true you) is highly creative, has a far view, and is not hindered by “time” or “Physical” “Matter”. You don’t have to know HOW you will get something, or HOW something will come about, because your physical mind was not designed to understand HOW to go about to do something or manifest something. It was designed to experience this physical reality (with lessons included) and the results of what your higher self (your soul) is creating for you.
Number One: You exist. Can't do much about that. You exist -- that's a law. You exist. That means that you can never not exist. Because, I'll tell you another secret, the other side of that law is, there is no such thing as non-existence. Listen to the sentence, there is NO such thing as non-existence. Non-existence doesn't exist.

Number Two: The One is The All, The All are The One. That's Law Number Two. The One is The All, The All are The One -- every, seemingly separate thing is made up out of The One, and The One knows itself as The One and as all the things it makes up.

Number Three: What you put out is what you get back. The Golden Rule.

Number Four: Everything changes except the first three laws. The reason it is framed that way is to that you can understand that means that even the fourth law changes. And when change changes what does change become? That which does not change, which is the first three laws. So the forth law gives birth to the first three, which gives birth to the forth, and it is, in that sense a circle of perfection, and that is all there is. Every single experience you have in any dimension of experience anywhere, anywhen is based on those Four Laws, and that's it. Anything else that you call a "law" is simply a local condition that happens to be a combination, in some way, shape, or form, an expression in some way, shape or form, of the Four Laws. Because when we say "law" -- we mean capital "L" -- it cannot change. As opposed to laws of physics which are not always exactly the same, depending upon dimension, universe -- what have you. Even your own scientists are beginning to understand that there is malleability, even in your physiological universe, to the ideas and concepts of such things as speed of light and so forth; in a sense it is a constant, but there are other ways to look at that that makes it not so. Whereas these Four Laws are this way, no matter where, when, or who, or what you happen to be within creation. These are the defining frameworks of existence itself.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
#1: You Exist. Not your space suit, the REAL you. Your soul. Energy cannot be created OR destroyed only transformed. You cannot give, sell, or transfer your soul away; because it IS YOU!

#2: This is the Prime Radiant that I mentioned earlier.

#3: What you do, what vibration you put out, is like a net that attracts other people, places, and things of the same vibration. If you are mean, you will attract mean. If you are kind, loving, then you will attract the same.

#4: The only constant: Change. Self explanatory.
The most often referenced interview in the film is Dr. Joe Dispenza's comments on creating his day. In response to the numerous requests, the following is the transcript of that part of the interview.
"I wake up in the morning and I consciously create my day the way I want it to happen. Now sometimes, because my mind is examining all the things that I need to get done, it takes me a little bit to settle down and get to the point of where I'm actually intentionally creating my day. But here's the thing: When I create my day and out of nowhere little things happen that are so unexplainable, I know that they are the process or the result of my creation. And the more I do that, the more I build a neural net in my brain that I accept that that's possible. (This) gives me the power and the incentive to do it the next day.
"So if we're consciously designing our destiny, and if we're consciously from a spiritual standpoint throwing in with the idea that our thoughts can affect our reality or affect our life -- because reality equals life -- then I have this little pact that I have when I create my day. I say, 'I'm taking this time to create my day and I'm infecting the quantum field. Now if (it) is in fact the observer's watching me the whole time that I'm doing this and there is a spiritual aspect to myself, then show me a sign today that you paid attention to any one of these things that I created, and bring them in a way that I won't expect, so I'm as surprised at my ability to be able to experience these things. And make it so that I have no doubt that it's come from you,' and so I live my life, in a sense, all day long thinking about being a genius or thinking about being the glory and the power of God or thinking about being unconditional love.
"I'll use living as a genius, for example. And as I do that during parts of the day, I'll have thoughts that are so amazing, that cause a chill in my physical body, that have come from nowhere. But then I remember that that thought has an associated energy that's produced an effect in my physical body. Now that's a subjective experience, but the truth is is that I don't think that unless I was creating my day to have unlimited thought, that that thought would come."
This is a better clearer example of Manifestation; the process of truly taking charge of your life. Being responsible for what happens to you, instead of passing the buck off to someone else.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
To sum up:
Directions to changing your life
1. Write down / State your Intention
2. Visualize the Intention as if it already happened or is completed
3. Visualize the Universe completely supporting you and the intention with money, resources, personal, ideas, and etcetera.

2. See the end result; NOT HOW to get to the end result.

3. The universe already supports you completely. Even when you manifest a LACK of something (“I want to feel love”; “ok, giving you the experience of wanting..”Instead try: “Love flows easily” or something similar). Do not put your energy into supporting a negative idea. Put your energy into things that bring you joy.
When will I choose to do what excites me the most?
What beliefs are holding me back from doing what excites me the most?
(let go of those beliefs that do not serve you; examine all of them, and if you really don’t believe in something, drop it. But do honor your belief system for just as long as it serves you. If you believe that doing something will somehow bring you harm, then don’t do it, but only so long as you hold onto that belief.)
Now, a few after thoughts… Your brain doesn’t really store your memories. Your soul does. Your brain is a tuner with different layers, with different densities of water to pick up on: not only the vibrations of your soul; but also the vibrations of other souls (mother’s intuition, kids in danger, that still small voice). Your chakra network is the energy network that your soul uses to puppet your space suit. The “Golden Glow” is a highly concentrated energy pulse (Of good energy) from your soul manifesting through your body as a physical sensation of the energy body (Usually around the heart).
Lessons in life... You chose to have certain things happen to you as a learning experience. You also chose to come here, at this time. If you notice certain themes (Lessons) popping up in life, it usually means that you have not learned that particular lesson. The lesson will keep coming back, stronger and stronger until you learn it, deal with it, etc (or eventually you WILL BE FORCED to learn it, whether you want to learn it or not). On occasion, things that have happened to you in your early life will be mirrored in another person, and you are supposed to help that person (This has happened to me a few times). This is like the final exam to see if you have learned the lesson and are able to teach said lesson to another who has not learned the lesson yet.
Life gives the test first, and then the lesson to be learned. At times, if you have avoided the lesson, the same type of situation will come back. At this point, you should know what the lesson is, and should be able to learn it, or get through it.
Litany Against Fear
Frank Herberts – Dune

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Hey OP

I like to read for inspiration, so I think you should read a book called "The 5 people you meet in Heaven" not because I'm trying to push religion on you, but because it is a beautiful story that will make you think about life. There's also a lovely story called "The Egg" that has been posted here many times and here's a link to it.

If you're still feeling uninspired, then I suggest the "Tibetan Book of Living and Dying"

Rev

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thankyou for your responses I have read and enjoyed them all you guys have been a great help and I will be taking this advice on board

link   

I suggest you get out there and volunteer...give to others and I hope you will see an improvement in your life as well as others' lives.

link   
Thankyou for your responses I have read and enjoyed them all you guys have been a great help and I will be taking this advice on board

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

The quantity of years you live has nothing to do with the quality of things you do in them.

So get up off your dead @$$ and make something happen.

If its wrong - fix it; if you make a mess - clean it up.

Anything you do that falls short of the cost of a human life can either be fixed or forgotten.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

None of the suggestions in this thread have any applicability outside of the selfish desire to fell good. Move beyond that desire and discover true insights, to which you can apply to your own life and vitality.

In other words, you can only inspire yourself.

edit on 26|6|14 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What helps me put things in my life back in order is to find a quiet spot, lay back and stare into the cosmos. There is something about a peaceful starry night that helps me reflect and think straight.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Do something that is a little risky, jump out of a plane, race a motorcycle, repel off of a very high cliff, grab the ass of Miss America. Live life on the edge, living a little close to death once in a while, makes you appreciate life a lot more. Do something that makes you say "WAHOO I made it!"

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You should study science. Lots of uncovered ground and never a dull moment.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Day to day life is mundane. That's the price of living inside the box of indoctrinated culture. Break free, think outside that box, experience outside the box and you will have some bright moments in each day.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That was my first thought - simulate a near death experience! Through bungee jumping, or other safe/sanctioned activity that is shocking enough to trigger an adrenalin overload and nervous system response to physical danger. THAT is the feeling of being alive! Sometimes our system just needs to be physically stimulated in some manner to be "Activated".

But before that, finding new music that calls to you is paramount, in my opinion. Every character I know that belongs in the cartoon that is my life, LOVES their own niche of music as much as fine food. I'd start advanced, and find inspiring fusion projects like Beats Antique jams with John Popper from Blues Traveler:

www.youtube.com...

and master banjo player Bela Fleck's journey through Africa, jamming with Oumo and Anania:

www.youtube.com...

Also, assuming you eat chicken - get a bottle of Walkerswood Jerk seasoning chutney, and a bottle of Soy Vay teriyaki sesame sauce. Use just a spoonfull of walkers and a third cup of Soy, and broil in the oven. That's what's up yo!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Drink more beer

And get outside.... Enjoy nature and all the wonderful things in it

Find a nice forest and trudge through it...

Spend more time with family & friends if possible... Might also include drinking more beer

Etc etc...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join